Prophet_Tenebrae

• Breast Prophet
  • Prophet Of Darkness
    • FTF10 - FTF Superblog
BESC Story Contest 2009
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:28:11 AM »
So, it's 2009 - time for the fourth annual BESC Story Contest... I'm sure everyone knows the rules by now because they haven't really changed... The prizes are pretty much the same too. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll probably

The prizes!

First place:

Will be paid 1.5 cents a word, they will be granted a one year free membership to not just the BE Story Club but also to the entire BEA - worth over $250! In addition to this, the author will have their story illustrated 100% more than a regular BE club story - with ten illustrations total. Not only that but the author will have the exclusive right to describe the appearance of each and everyone of the scenes they choose to be illustrated to one of the BE Story Club’s top artists.

Second place:

Will be paid 1.5 cents a word, they will be granted a six month free membership to not just the BE Story Club but also to the entire BEA - worth over $125! In addition to this, the author will have their story illustrated more than a regular BE club story - with eight illustrations total. Not only that but the author will have the exclusive right to describe the appearance of each and everyone of the scenes they choose to be illustrated to one of the BE Story Club’s top artists.

Third place:

Will be paid 1.5 cents a word, they will be granted a three month free membership to not just the BE Story Club but also to the entire BEA - worth over $60! In addition to this, the author will have their story illustrated more than a regular BE club story - with seven illustrations total. Not only that but the author will have the exclusive right to describe the appearance of each and everyone of the scenes they choose to be illustrated to one of the BE Story Club’s top artists.

All other stories will be paid at 1.5 cents a word.

Judging Criteria:

Pretty straight forward - write a good story that has such novel elements as characterisation, plot and sexiness...

Rules concerning submission are as follows:

1. All stories must be no less than 5,000 words in length.
2. Entries can be submitted immediately to [email protected] The deadline for submissions is midnight PST on Sunday June 28st.
3. All stories must contain BE as a main - and not ancillary – story element.
4. Stories may not have been published or distributed anywhere else.
5. All stories will be subject to the regular terms and conditions of the BE story club. In the result of a contestant not responding - the story will default to BESC ownership and the contestant will forfeit their rights to payment.

Any questions can be directed to the submission address.
The best of luck to all contestants.

Djoser

• X Cup
Re: BESC Story Contest 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »
Well if someone wants to "steal" my "mehish" ideas and improve them, go ahead, honestly my writing skills suck, and even if i had time to improve i have no time to write.
Welcome to the internet, where men are men, women are men, and childr3n are the FBI

If it hurts, it means that you're still living

Avatar: beshine, morphed by uutexray, avatarized by AgentDee

Prophet_Tenebrae

• Breast Prophet
  • Prophet Of Darkness
    • FTF10 - FTF Superblog
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »
Just to remind people, the deadline is Sunday.

Obsessed

• C Cup
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »
Just to remind people, the deadline is Sunday.
Ah man, I got a story in the works but it won't be done for at least another month.  Is the contest only once a year?
Just when you think they are big enough, they still need to be bigger.

Djoser

• X Cup
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »
I think so, my friend...a pity because you're a great author  ;)
Welcome to the internet, where men are men, women are men, and childr3n are the FBI

Laelia

• D Cup
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 08:24:18 PM »
I've just sent in my entry. It's a falling-in-love story between college students.

Laelia

• D Cup
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »
Now that the deadline has passed, how many entries were there?

LaCroix

• A Cup
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 09:27:29 AM »
The forum was down for a significant time, people may not have seen the post until it was too late.

Djoser

• X Cup
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 07:40:46 PM »
you maybe rightn now that you mention it  ???

BillPratt

• E Cup
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 02:13:19 AM »
Wow. Totally missed this.

Ah well.
Who let the walrus out?
Coo Coo Cachoo!

Prophet_Tenebrae

• Breast Prophet
  • Prophet Of Darkness
    • FTF10 - FTF Superblog
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 08:40:57 PM »
Just as well, Bill - your wife said you and I can't play anymore. Which is a shame.

And a grand total of four entries. I somehow doubt the forum down time had much to do with it.

Laelia

• D Cup
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 01:23:39 AM »
And a grand total of four entries.

I think I recall you speaking some months ago about text stories being in short supply. It would seem the slump continues.

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 08:34:35 PM »
I think I recall you speaking some months ago about text stories being in short supply. It would seem the slump continues.

Because the average BESC writer type would much rather do comics. Takes less effort and less time.

I now (small) regret not entering something considering there were only four entries. 60% chance of placing seems too good to pass up.

Hey Bill, if you ever want to do a 1 vs 1 story contest please let me know  :D.
Breasts grow - that's BE... what happens after that is irrelevant.
--Prophet Tenebrae---

Kowalski

• P Cup
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 12:38:09 AM »
And a grand total of four entries. I somehow doubt the forum down time had much to do with it.

Had I known I would have submitted The Procedure to the contest. I just don't check in here as often as I used to. Recently when I did check in the boards WERE down... so maybe that was a factor in my case.

Oh well. Bad timing I guess.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 12:41:13 AM by Kowalski »

Q_BE

• P Cup
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 11:26:15 PM »
Y'know, the reason the number of entries aren't announced before the deadline is precisely to prevent people from throwing their hat in the ring with a half-assed story just to win a prize if the number of applicants seems small.

Besides which fact, if the number of entries was tallied publicly, there would probably be more than four entries, which sounds like the entire reason some of you regret publishing a story for hte contest in the first place. So, news flash! Write a story and submit it on time, regardless of whatever odds you may feel you have! Oy vey. ::)

Q-"But then, I could also be speaking of myself"-BE :D