DTM

• G Cup
Prozac can cause breast growth ?
« on: November 10, 2001, 09:17:00 PM »
I was waiting for the sun to come out on this chilly Sunday morning. So I had the idea to do a search "drug induced breast growth". Found some interesting reports on how some antipsycotic drugs can cause breast-enlargement(macromastia).Here is part of the article:I included below what seems to be the only investigation into antidepressant-induced breast-enlargement (mammoplasia, macromastia). This side effect is caused primarily by the SSRI class of antidepressants. Prozac is a member of this class. This is the url:http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20001115/msgs/49359.html . Makes one wonder if anybody's done any resarch into what might trigger this awful..lol..side effect. Almost sounds like some of the BE stories. I know there's a lot more to this but a guy can dream you know ?

PS So if your lady is depressed about her small breasts get her on prozac right away    

She should make one of them stolen home videos.

Re: Prozac can cause breast growth ?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2001, 06:06:00 AM »
I always knew the cure for depression is breast growth.

-Munch "Although, honestly, I wouldn't recommend Prozac to even my worst enemy" Wolf

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2001, 12:55:00 PM »
What you failed to mention was macromastia can occur in men as well as women. What's worse is to have a female psychiatrist that dosn't think it's a problem. Fortunately other side effects developed within a few weeks that forced her to stop that damn Desiril.  I enjoy looking at large breasts on women. The prospect of having my own pair of double D's stare back from the mirror wasn't a pleasant thought.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2001, 05:47:00 AM »
This sounds too good to be true. And something tells me that that sort of side effect would have been pretty well publicized, during the initial drug trials, no?

Anyhow, let's see how this pans out....

ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2001, 10:46:00 AM »
Noooo ... Prozac is evil, it damages your brain and destroys your ability to remember things clearly ...

-Munch "Prefers natural methods for damaging my brain" Wolf

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
Prozac does not cause bain damage.

It can lead to jitters, insomnia, delayed orgasm, loss of libido, and a gradual increase in blood cholesterol level.  But it doesn't seem to cause permanent damage or psychosis, contrary to what a certain cult has claimed.

Yahoo! Health has a guide to all sorts of drugs.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2001, 05:47:00 PM »
Ok, so I'm an ex-member of said cult, and may be biased ... but ... I know what to look for, and have tested the specific memory functions of people not familiar with the cult, and have found them lacking in clarity of memory.

The best description of this clarity loss I've heard from someone who was on Prozac is:  Trying to remember something is similar to touching a reflection in a lake ...

Not to disparage people on prozac or other chemical controls, but in my experience such people seemed to be worse off after taking drugs than before.

Think about this for a sec, any other ailment take how long to cure before you return to a natural state?  Yet how long do you take Prozac for or other modifying drugs before you return to a natural state?  It's not designed to return you to normalcy ... just make you more controllable.

-Munch "I just don't believe it's the wonder drug it's bragged to be, and the truth will come out ... big business is not above deceiving people when it affects their bottom line" Wolf

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: Munch Wolf ]

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2001, 02:03:00 PM »
Munch for once we are in total agreement about Prozac.  Prozac and drugs with that mechanism of action appear to have a great potential for producing violent changes in the psyche.  The worst part is that these changes can even occur weeks or even months after the drug is stopped.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2001, 03:58:00 PM »
quote:
It can lead to jitters, insomnia, delayed orgasm...

Yeah, got all those without bothering with expensive medication. One question, how much longer is this damned orgasm going to be delayed...?

Al

cynic

• G Cup
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2001, 08:46:00 PM »
Another theory; the breast growth might have actually been just a part of a total weight gain from the Prozac.  Many people gain anywhere from 20-50 pounds on these kinds of drugs.  I think most people would just gain weight around the middle more than the breast.

I don't think Prozac is going to be our magic bullet for breast growth, gents.

DTM

• G Cup
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2001, 10:45:00 PM »
I know it can cause overall weight gain. I know these drugs generally are not good for you. I know it can happen to guys too. I was focusing on the possibility of breast growth in woman. Like in the story archive. Mixing facts with fantasy to get the end result. Or front-end result if you prefer. You guys tend to get into the facts to much. Notice the last line of my original post. I know there's a lot more to this but a guy can dream you know ?    
She should make one of them stolen home videos.

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2001, 10:25:00 AM »
The founder of that cult probably had an oversupply of serotonin or dopamine floating in his brain, which may have been why he liked to listen to tapes of himself saying things like, "You have power over all men," and "You enjoy the scream of a young virgin being raped."  So I'm sure that his reasoning on all matters was at least equally sound.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
True drug-induced macromastia is a side effect that is separate from weight gain. It can occur with many of the major tranquilizers and anti-depressants. Other drugs from other classifications sometimes produce it as well.  Your right about it not being the "magic bullet" for BE. Maybe if one of these drug companies would try to develop that aspect of the drugs like they did with Rogain which started from a medicine for high blood pressure.