To the artists. What do you're out of inspiration.
« on: June 20, 2001, 03:25:00 AM »
I used to draw a lot. Either BE or superheroes I was one of the best at my school. Now I pretty much ran out of ideas, and no amount of anime dojin can give me any ideas. Can I get some advice from my fellow artists?

sheber

• Shasta'man
    • http://www.bearchive.com/~shasta/
Re: To the artists. What do you're out of inspiration.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2001, 06:10:00 AM »
Go out and do something. Anything other than drawing. No matter how long you sit at the keyboard or drawing table, nothing is more inspiring than RL.
[Rent this space]

prinz

• Z Cup
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
I think thats prety good advice from sheber..Check out something new that may interest you...there will come a time when you will or will not pick up the pen and ink again...Ive really gotten interested in Poser and now True Space digital rendering programs...Writers block or in your case drawing block are best handled by not concetrating on the problem..regards PE

Varchild

• E Cup
    • getit.at/adventure
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2001, 03:48:00 PM »
i go through periods as long as 6 months without drawing anything.  I found Haning out at Bust Artists Unite http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/bustartistsunite  really helps.  if nothing else there's monthly 'contests' where the winner from the last month pics a theme and we all draw something to fit with that then vote on who's is best lather rinse repeat.  
other than that, things that inspire me are reading books and drawing them.  or tabletop RPGs.

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2001, 05:53:00 PM »
I think it depends on if you feel like you "don't want to draw" or if you're "just out of ideas" and it seems like you're drawing the same things over and over.

All art is kind of drawing the a certain set of things over and over, you just have to get used to it.

Honestly having a reason to draw is one way of inspiring yourself.  A popular reason on the internet is to please others- if it just that you're out of ideas, or that nothing really jumps out at you to draw, you could draw a picture for someone here.  Sometimes it can be really easy for a description from someone else to inspire you when you think you're out of ideas.

But if you really don't feel like drawing, I wouldn't.  Your stuff wouldn't be very good if you're thinking about what you really want to be doing.  A dead streak can last a while, I don't think I drew much from 14-19... too interested in girls and video games I guess