espy

• G Cup
I have cancer
« on: July 13, 2009, 10:46:50 PM »
Got the tests back this afternoon -- a large malignant tumor in my colon.  More tests being performed through next week to determine how far it may have spread.  Surgery after that.  Probably chemo and who knows after that.

When asked whether my odds are good or bad, the doctor said, "It's not good".

Oddly, I'm not too worked up about it tonight.  Maybe that will come later.
How would a girl with huge boobs ever know if she's truly interesting?

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
Re: I have cancer
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:15:09 AM »
You have my prayers. Hopefully it has been caught early enough. A positive attitude will help, be optimistic. Godspeed to you.

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 06:32:15 AM »
Here's praying that your surgery is completely successful.  Whatever you need to say, keep saying it.

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:36:42 PM »
Hey espy, very sorry to hear this. Not to be cliche, but the fact that you know and can now do something about it is 110% better than ignorant bliss. I'll keep a good thought for you and your treatment.

MaxBigfoot

• ZZZ Cup
  • Maximum Manga Maven
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 03:44:35 PM »
Best wishes, Espy. 

MaxBigfoot

To change Forum settings so that you see 50 topics per page:
Go to Forum Profile
Hover cursor over "Modify Profile" button in top left
Select "Look and Layout"
Scroll to "Topics to display per page", select 50 in dropdown menu
Click on "Change Profile" at bottom right of page.

You can also change "Messages to display per page" to 50 in the same way.

turbo

• Z Cup
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:12:07 PM »
I don't think it can be stated enough, espy, that keeping a hopeful disposition will help pull you through your upcoming tests and treatment.
---------- "I will be acquitted and vindicated when the truth is told." Michael Jackson before the trial------------
---------- "Justice was done. He was always innocent and we proved it." Thomas Mesereau after the trial-------

espy

• G Cup
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 05:22:30 PM »
I don't think it can be stated enough, espy, that keeping a hopeful disposition will help pull you through your upcoming tests and treatment.
Thanks... doing pretty well today.  Even joking about it quite a bit, which really seems to bother the people around me for some reason... and that's worth the price of admission right there!

"knock knock"
"who's there?"
"hoostern"
"hoostern who?"
"hoostern is it to empty my colostomy bag?!?"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:28:10 PM by espy »

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 07:48:24 PM »
Best wishes from us all.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »
Fight the good fight!

That way, we can all crack jokes about them ripping you a new asshole... :D
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 09:25:05 PM »
I'm sorry, espy. We'll be here whenever you want to talk.
_
g

Ironbeard

• E Cup
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 01:03:27 AM »
I don't know what to say.  Cancer is a sore subject for me.  I just hope you get better.  And you don't go to a local hospital but a cancer treatment center.  That the care you recieve the the very best.  That you make it through this so jokes later you can laugh at. 
When angry count four.  When very angry, swear.---Mark Twain

mcgarp

• F Cup
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 04:28:34 AM »
Hi espy, as a person who just had a bout with cancer a year ago, I can't tell you how important a positive attitude is!  Sure it's ok and probably healthy to have a pity party or two, I know I did, stay positive.  I'm sure our treatments will be different, but I did have chemo and it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared.  Hopefully you caught it early and I'm sure you will make a full recovery!  Good luck with everything and please keep us posted.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, just as I was in everyone's here a year ago!

Juliekat

• BA's Muse
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 05:29:27 AM »
You're in our thoughts and our prayers. Please let us know how you're doing.

<hugs>
JK
"grOw" volumes #1-#4 and #5 (issue 1) as well as the grOw stOry Collections now available!: http://www.bustartist.com/

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 05:33:11 AM »
Dude, that sucks.  I hope you get better.  Maybe the doctor is like the one in jail in the Sopranos that says doctors always say it's worse than it really is so that they look like miracle workers.

And save the tumor in a mason jar full of alcohol for a conversation piece.  But I'm sure I don't have to tell you that.  :P
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

espy

• G Cup
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »
Thanks everyone.

This rattled my cage at first but now I'm in "let's get it over with" mode.  A couple of docs will add a wing to their houses and then we all move on.

And SwitcherX... you are one sick mofo.  Having said that, I'm going to order a fake tumor online that's way gnarlier than the real thing!   :P