PoserLover

• E Cup
Poser 8 News
« on: July 29, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »
Well, it looks like Poser isn't quite dead after all... I found this just now: http://poser8.smithmicro.com/index.html

Good to see there's still some ongoing development.
Those who seek women of Epic Proportions, please visit my gallery.

Djoser

• X Cup
Re: Poser 8 News
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:37:32 PM »
Those are some great news not only for the artists but also for the lovers of the art of those artists. I hope you test it soon, PoserLover  ;D
Welcome to the internet, where men are men, women are men, and childr3n are the FBI

If it hurts, it means that you're still living

Avatar: beshine, morphed by uutexray, avatarized by AgentDee

prinz

• Z Cup
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 05:38:14 AM »
Yes I was suprised to see this as well....dont know if its a great improvement on poser pro.. I will let the dust settle for a time and see..

PoserLover

• E Cup
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:27:38 AM »
I imagine I'll pick it up once released, but the main point for me is there's still ongoing development. I was afraid that when Smith Micro took it over they had stopped all development, even maintenance.

Poser is close to being unique in its niche, so I gotta think that properly managed it could be a decent revenue stream for years. While "real artists" may shun it because "the figures all look the same" it's a godsend for folks like me who don't have the chops to create a rigged human from scratch and have it not look like a cube with cylinders for appendages. Or, in my case, two spheres and pretty much nothing else.

Come to think of it, maybe I don't need Poser after all... :)
Those who seek women of Epic Proportions, please visit my gallery.

naken

• B Cup
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 06:11:25 AM »
How does Poser compare to MakeHuman http://www.makehuman.org/?

MakeHuman is apparently based on scans of real human bodies. It’s also parameterized: you can choose various settings on sliding scales—including gender, age, build, tweak the details a bit, then export to a 3D modelling program to produce the final result.

Benji Dude

• G Cup
    • Yahoo groups - archive of my work
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 11:32:32 AM »
Make human is good if you intend to put the models into something like 3D Studio Max or Maya (basically any high end 3d package) as all you get is a 3d model with no bones applied to the model.  Whereas with poser you get to tweak all the parameters of the figure, like you can with make human, but you also get to pose them and what not inside of poser.

naken

• B Cup
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 05:52:32 AM »
Does Poser let you do any of this http://www.ftf10.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:3D_renders sort of stuff?

Benji Dude

• G Cup
    • Yahoo groups - archive of my work
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
It's been a really long time since I used Poser so not sure how its come along in creative modifications but it wasn't easy when I used it and the results were never seamless.  Looking at those examples you'd do better learning something like 3ds max or Maya.

naken

• B Cup
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 02:57:04 AM »
But 3DS MAX and Maya cost a lot of money.

BacE

• F Cup
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »
But 3DS MAX and Maya cost a lot of money.
I've seen great things being done with blender, which is free
http://www.blender.org/
B"Have to try it myself sometime"acE
Size doesn't matter, as long as it's HUGE!!

naken

• B Cup
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 06:29:24 PM »
That’s what I’ve been using. ;)

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
Re: Poser 10 News
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 08:24:07 PM »
Poser 10 and 2014 pro is on sale till the end of the month or you can get this really cheap around the new year when they get ready to release the next year software.
However this recent release has softbody dynamics and poser 9 has constraint control, and rigidbody while poser 8 brought out better IK chain control, and subsurface scatter that was much improve on in poser 9.

Poser 10 has greeted me with the one thing I like animating is booby bounce. I stuck with Hash animation master for this one feature. I am liking poser 10 bounce with the soft body.

http://www.cyberdreamcreation.com/images/SLposer2014-05.mov
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 02:32:27 AM »
Poser pro 11 is on sale now, but that isn't what I want to talk about. 5 of my friends develop a new character that is morphable and bendable like a real body of a human.
She is called Evo from Project Evolution

"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 02:37:32 AM »
There is a free version that you can try out and I use her to make this!