espy

• G Cup
Re: Coffee
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »
I don't like coffee.  I hope that doesn't mean I'm gay.   ???
How would a girl with huge boobs ever know if she's truly interesting?

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »
Mmmmmm vanilla fappaccino. :-*
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:58:22 PM by gOOber »
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »
I like my women the way I like my coffee: full of beans.  ;D

:D
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

RandomX

• ZZZ Cup
    • www.overflowingforum.com
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 06:19:11 AM »
I like my women like I like my coffee. Covered in BEEES!
100% real woman, with notarized documents and witnesses to back this claim up.

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 08:36:14 AM »
 :D  I'll have a tall double decaf non-fat non-sequitur, please.

Q_BE

• P Cup
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »
:D  I'll have a tall double decaf non-fat non-sequitur, please.

Here I am! :D

*does crazy dance*

Q-"Non sequitur? Son nequitur!"-BE ;)

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 06:59:14 PM »
I don't like coffee.  I hope that doesn't mean I'm gay.   ???
Whatever gave you that idea?

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »
Coffee "C" for H (March) settles at over $2.49/lb. Micky's gonna have to
remove it from the dolla menu soon.
I'm walkin' here

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 07:53:04 PM »
What on earth makes you think there is any coffee in Mickey D's beverage? I can't detect any.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »
Don`t drink coffee during sex. You could have a stroke. Really. :-X

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 07:42:45 PM »
Wow I truer coffee clientèle than me. Hey- you ever mike ice coffee where you grind up the beans (as usual) and bundle it up in a few coffee filters (much like a tea bag). Then let it sit over night in a pitcher in the fridge.

Pure delight- very little bitterness.

That's interesting Blake... I'd have assumed that brewing the coffee with cold water wouldn't extract all the flavor from the ground beans the way using hot water (let alone with pressure) does. Despite my fondness for the magic bean, I also drink tea both hot and cold in numerous varieties. When I make iced tea, I usually do so using room temperature water and let it steep for hours even though I know (from experience) that if I do boil a pot of water (enough to later fill a pitcher) for brewing the tea it tastes different/better. Hence my assumption about 'cold-brewing' iced coffee. However, a quick google shows many iced coffee fans swear by cold brewing methods.

What on earth makes you think there is any coffee in Mickey D's beverage? I can't detect any.

Though I stopped patronizing MacDonald's years ago for ethical reasons (after reading "Fast Food Nation" and doing further research about the company's history and behavior) I agree. And this goes to the point made earlier about preferring day-old decent coffee to a fresh cup of 'swill' from the break room at work. Which is not to say that you have to pay a fortune for decent coffee... I've purchased what's referred to as 'Armenian Dark Roast' at the local market for $2.99/lb and provided that it's properly prepared it's really quite drinkable (though as I usually use milk or cream (sorry PedonBio ;) ) most of the time, so it's possible that helps mask it's deficiencies).

Lately, I've stopped making a full (10 cup) drip-filtered pot and **94** it over a couple of days. Instead I've gone back to using the espresso machine (with Trader Joe's 'Italian Roast' (Dark) which is about $7-8. for a 13 oz. can I think). It's more labor intensive, taking perhaps 10 minutes start to finish each time. With that, each morning I steam the milk and make one large mug (2 'cups' worth?) of latte and am happy. By mid-afternoon I'm tempted to make another, but usually manage to restrain myself and wait till the following morning to do it all over again. ;)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:36:01 PM by Palomine »

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 09:12:17 PM »
About once a year I try Mickey D's coffee, just to prove it is still not good. It's not.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 11:51:44 AM »
on way to woik, I always stop at Starbucks to get my Vente Drip.(great place to watch the "parade" iffin ya know what I mean.) anywho, by midday, I'm dry. I bought a Keurig pod single serve. I'm lovin it and so are the other peeps on da yob. It's fast and you can purchase a variety pack of "pods" iffin you like flavored coffees. Depending on the model it's about a Benjamin or betta, but I do love my Joe so it's mox nix to me.
I'm walkin' here

prinz

• Z Cup
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 09:02:19 AM »
Started **94** Coffee way back when I was in the Navy...We called it flight deck coffee. It tasted really bad but We figured we could patch the deck with it in an emergency.. I have to have my coffee in the mornings !

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 10:50:39 AM »
Started **94** Coffee way back when I was in the Navy...We called it flight deck coffee. It tasted really bad but We figured we could patch the deck with it in an emergency.. I have to have my coffee in the mornings !

20 years in the Navy and I never picked up the coffee habit. I just never liked it unless there was a gallon of milk/cream and a pound of sugar to help kill the coffee taste so why bother. Believe me, that made me the odd duck in the goat locker ( Chiefs quarters ) and a source of uncalled for, cruel, vicious remarks, in other words, typical sailor talk. What amazes me is that 20 - 30 years ago if you would have told me people would stand in line to pay $5 to $10 for coffeee with pansy ass names I would certaintly get the Corpsman and put a  " I love me " jacket on you and send you to the loony bin with the other wackos. The world turned upside down  ???.