3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
1.3 meg spy camera glasses from think geek
« on: September 25, 2009, 01:30:46 PM »
anyone have a driver for this camera, I'd appreciate getting it from you if you have it.
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

SwitcherX

• Legend
Re: 1.3 meg spy camera glasses from think geek
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 01:26:17 AM »
have you tried emailing them?
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 03:56:47 AM »
yes!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

bignatslover

• P Cup
    • I love the BEA
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 07:12:51 AM »
My friend has one of those glasses.  As I recall, this device came with a USB cable.  It is supposed to store images in flash storage in a directory Windows would be able to open without any drivers or software.  Do you have the USB cable, and are you on Windows?

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 11:47:34 PM »
I have the USB cable and its not recognizing it. I have switch to WinXP64bit, and I am hesitant to think that may be the problem.

bignatslover

• P Cup
    • I love the BEA
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 07:58:00 AM »
I think all of the problem is in the USB.  The camera drivers won't help.

I would keep trying to plug it into different USB ports (hopefully your computer has more than one) until it acknowledges that at least something has been plugged into your machine (by alert in lower right corner of your screen).

Then you might need to format the flash drive in the glasses with a program like HDD Low Level:

http://hddguru.com/content/en/software/2006.04.12-HDD-Low-Level-Format-Tool/

I hope something works, one way or another!

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 11:08:20 AM »
I think all of the problem is in the USB.  The camera drivers won't help.

I would keep trying to plug it into different USB ports (hopefully your computer has more than one) until it acknowledges that at least something has been plugged into your machine (by alert in lower right corner of your screen).

Then you might need to format the flash drive in the glasses with a program like HDD Low Level:

http://hddguru.com/content/en/software/2006.04.12-HDD-Low-Level-Format-Tool/

I hope something works, one way or another!

I think BNL must be correct... IME, ANY USB storage device (camera, flashkeys, audio recorders, etc...) just POP UP on the desktop w/o drivers: though you can't control them sans driver (i.e.: use a camera as a webcam) you CAN always access the contents of their storage via a simple click-and-drag. At least that's how it's always worked for years in OSX (and in OS9 ages ago too for that matter) so I'm sure recent MS OSes gotta do something similar. Obviously, if your system isn't recognizing the USB device at all (does your computer even see (not necessarily mount) the device on the USB bus when it's plugged in and you look in system profile/hardware info?) then perhaps the low-level-format thingy from BNL will render it visible and you can go from there. Good luck!

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 06:36:02 PM »
I am not able to read any new drive from the Cam. Although the cam lights show charging signal and the ready light. Just cant read anything from it in the drive. I guess the cam is shot perhaps?

I live near a strip joint and saw some of the hottest babes walk in to the grocery store! Just thinking I should get that cam working. oh well! such as life!

Thank you for the information! I appreciate it.

I'll try my sister's computer and see if that works, she has vista.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 06:37:52 PM by 3deroticer »

bignatslover

• P Cup
    • I love the BEA
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »
I'll try my sister's computer and see if that works, she has vista.
Good idea!  Let us know what happens because there are definitely more ideas to try before giving up on this.

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 08:32:38 AM »
Download and burn an Ubuntu LiveCD, just to see whether it's a hardware issue or an OS/software issue.

Once you boot into Ubuntu, like the others have said, if you plug in a properly formatted USB device, it should just pop up on the desktop.  (Or in the case of Ubuntu, you might see a "what do you want to do with this device?" kind of popup window, first.  Haven't tried this in a while.)