Q_BE

• P Cup
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
Re: The Battle of the Smartphones: iPhone vs. Android
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2011, 02:03:36 PM »
Question: Is it better to buy the 16GB iPhone @ $199 with 2-year agreement, or to pony up the dough for the 32GB @ $299 with agreement?

Q-"At $300, it had better last me two or more years"-BE ::)

BacE

• F Cup
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2011, 02:35:53 PM »
Size doesn't matter, as long as it's HUGE!!

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2011, 05:11:44 PM »
Question: Is it better to buy the 16GB iPhone @ $199 with 2-year agreement, or to pony up the dough for the 32GB @ $299 with agreement?
Answer: Neither. Buy the AT&T version of the handset outright and get a month-to-month plan. (I say AT&T because it's a GSM phone and therefore you could just pop out the SIM and slam it into another GSM phone to use the handset on any other GSM network worldwide.)

Oh, and don't believe the hype, whether it's coming from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon or Sprint, when it comes to this whole "4G network" crap:

Tech Sanity Check blog: "How AT&T and T-Mobile conjured 4G networks out of thin air"

LTE Blog: "3G Americas is now 4G Americas"

The Consumerist: "CTRL-H Replace, Voila! AT&T's 3G Network Is Now 4G!"

The fact is, in the United States, we don't have true 4G networks in place. Thus saith the International Telecommunications Union (ITU).
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Q_BE

• P Cup
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2011, 06:55:10 PM »
Answer: Neither. Buy the AT&T version of the handset outright and get a month-to-month plan. (I say AT&T because it's a GSM phone and therefore you could just pop out the SIM and slam it into another GSM phone to use the handset on any other GSM network worldwide.)

Could you go into a little more depth here, dear Zookster? I'm curious as to why you would say this when your first article (Tech Sanity Check blog: "How AT&T and T-Mobile conjured 4G networks out of thin air") states that Verizon actually has the fastest network currently in place that approaches legitimate 4G speeds. ???

Quote from: TheZookie007
The fact is, in the United States, we don't have true 4G networks in place. Thus saith the International Telecommunications Union (ITU).

Another unfortunate side-effect of the "Let's have the most outlandish claims" ad departments. :P

Q-"Still getting a Verizon iPhone: 16GB or 32GB?"-BE :P

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2011, 10:04:27 PM »
The iPhone 4 is just the 4th iPhone model; it's a 3G phone, and won't be able to run at 4G speeds even when Verizon and ATT get some semblance of 4G networks up. (As Zookie's links attest, any carrier who's currently able to even slightly exceed the 3G spec is claiming to have a 4G network, but they're not really near the full speed of the 4G specification.) The iPhone 5 for both types of cellular networks will most likely be released this summer, and it might be a 4G phone; can't know for sure until Apple rolls it out.

In response to your original question... I have a 32GB iPhone 3GS with about 64 apps, 600 longish songs, 5 or 6 books, no videos, and maybe 30 photographs on it, and it's using just under 16GB. If you're going to use the camera a lot -- especially to shoot video -- or if you're going to carry movies or tv shows around on your phone, or if you're going to put your entire iTunes library on it, you'll probably be glad to have the 32 gigs.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:25:21 PM by gonZo »

PregNut

• ZZZ Cup
  • Pregnancy: Mother Nature's BE.
    • http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,155796.msg157416.html#msg157416
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »
Glad to hear that Verizon will be offering the iPhone, but I think I'll wait before I switch back to give them some time to work out any bugs. Besides, I still have 6 months on my contract. :-\
"Whenever someone talks about doing something for reasons of justice, you should put your hand in your pocket, because you're about to get it picked."

Avatar courtesy of Getty Images.

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011, 12:38:39 AM »
I'm already with Verizon, but I'm waiting for the LTE iPhone.

July maybe? *shrug*

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
Well, for the first time ever, Android is now the number-one mobile operating system in the world, beating out Symbian.

jjjay999

• T cup
  • The bigger, the better!
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »
Just got a 32gb iPhone 4 a few days ago. Typing this reply on it, in fact. Lovin' every minute of it!
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

AgentDee

• Boob, James Boob
  • I LOVE GIANT TITS!
    • AgentDee's Youtube Page
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2011, 05:22:55 PM »
yeah surfing the web from a 'smart phone ' is nice ;).

Agent "posted from his Intercept android" Dee
8)
Want a custom avatar?

"Well gosh, breast men are the best men, you know, *giggles* I love you all."
"You know your boobs are too big when a guy stands up to let u thru to your seat and despite him leaning back I boobed him back in his seat."
Chelsea Charms

Special Agent: Dee
MiB; Division 6, NYC

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2011, 04:56:23 AM »
Congrats, jjjay! AT&T or Verizon?

jjjay999

• T cup
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2011, 06:46:24 AM »
AT&T. My old phone broke, and I told them I was thinking
of switching. They gave me 100 bucks off to stay! 2year contract.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2011, 01:56:49 PM »
I hope for your sake that the introduction of the Verizon iPhone takes some of the pressure off of the AT&T network so that you can use your new iPhone to its full potential though.

jjjay999

• T cup
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »
So far, it hasn't been bad at all. I've been getting consistent, steady speed and reception. i got the free speedtest app, and my dl/ul is 3.05-3.15/1.0-1.1, which isn't bad for "3G". Granted, I only have had the phone a week tomorrow, and all those tests have been at work/home, but so far, I'm very happy with it! and the reception is worlds better than my ancient and archaic Erriccson. Although, if it gets even better, i won't complain! :)

Oh...........and Dee, yes it is nice! and WHO is that in your avatar?! she's HOT!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:04:29 PM by jjjay999 »

AgentDee

• Boob, James Boob
  • I LOVE GIANT TITS!
    • AgentDee's Youtube Page
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2011, 08:18:13 PM »
check your PM ;)
Want a custom avatar?

"Well gosh, breast men are the best men, you know, *giggles* I love you all."
"You know your boobs are too big when a guy stands up to let u thru to your seat and despite him leaning back I boobed him back in his seat."
Chelsea Charms

Special Agent: Dee
MiB; Division 6, NYC