Second Life state of the art in breasts
« on: December 15, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »
Looking for "Second Life" I see a thread that goes back to 2007, so perhaps it's time to describe the current state of the art in Second Life breasts.

A major advance in realism, or perhaps verisimilitude is the better term, came with the "sculpted prim". Rather than being a simple geometrical shape, a sculpted prim (in the initial version at least) is like a sphere that you can poke in or out where certain latitude and longitude lines intersect. (Right now there's a move underway to allow mesh import, which I expect will make things even better.) There are a fair number of vendors of prim breasts.

(By the way, prim breasts aren't just for those who want to have enormous breasts. The high end of the size scale for the stock Second Life avatar looks really bad--does anyone, save maybe the Bizarro World version of Lois Lane, have breasts with corners?--so prim breasts allow a pleasing shape over a wide range of sizes, and, at least up until a recent version of the Emerald Second Life client, it's been the only way to jiggle.)

Prim breasts can be scripted, so that they can grow or shrink on command, and even lactate (using "particle generators"). These days, they often come with a heads-up display to control position, size, clothing (a layer around them that can be made opaque or transparent), lactation, and even skin texture and color. Implant Nation (a name I really don't care for--prim breasts are made necessary by the limits of the SL avatar, but I don't like to think of them as implants!) was the first, as far as I know, to create prim breasts with HUDs; nowadays they are a common feature of prim breasts.

Prim breast makers typically provide some tops, and Smashing Prims was a pioneer in making really nice clothing that came with prim breasts that had matching textures, but the use of a clothing layer has made it possible for third parties to create clothing for use with prim breasts, and there's now a flourishing group of makers of such clothing. (I'm hoping that it will expand further, and that there will be more modest clothing to choose from as time goes on.)

You've already heard of Big'Uns and EPIC. There are other establishments dedicated to well-endowed dancers, though to the best of my knowlege, Hooterville, mentioned in another thread, is no more.

There's also a lot of Second Life based machinima--perhaps it would be a good medium for those wanting to do video involving breast expansion?

P.S. Second Life, with its emphasis on user-generated content, is the only virtual world I know of that caters to those who wish to have figures that vary from the mainstream. (Admittedly I'm not totally familiar with the field--I may try Red Light Center, if it will run under WINE (it's Windows-only... ptui!) to see whether it allows one to be well-endowed.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 01:11:52 PM by Melissa Yeuxdoux »

The Litch Addendum

• A Cup
  • Litch
    • The BE Grove
Re: Second Life state of the art in breasts
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 02:24:23 PM »
To my mind, the whole concept of 3d generated breasts (especially in MMOs) isn't driven by the realism of the image as much as the suspension of disbelief that the participants follow. In short, give me a game with crappy BE and someone who is willing to act like it's really happening over a well detailed version any day.

But then again if Second Life allows for machinima and a skilled someone takes it for a ride, then you've got my attention.
http://begrove.com

It's better than not good!

Sylvertung

• A Cup
    • EPIC Misadventures
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 07:09:35 PM »
Part of what I'm trying to accomplish with EPIC this time around is creating self-contained areas for exploring the different aspects of BE, growth, or whatever people are most interested in...assuming that boobs are a major component at some point.

I have the prototypes of some of these areas up now, and they would also make excellent little sound stages for photo shoots or videos or whatever...with user-generated content the only limit is your imagination and time to put it all together. And since we have some of the best looking and most skilled BE roleplayers on our staff, I'm sure all you'd have to do is ask and you would have plenty of volunteers to star in them.

As for the implants themselves, yes, there is no requirement that you wear them at gigantic sizes. One of the major implant makers wears her own implants and keeps them quite modest. The overall effect is a much more natural, rounded shape without all the jaggy edges.

My plans also include making a full range of clothes from sexy to professional to match as many different kinds of implants as possible...the only problem being that there's only one of me (at least until they get that cloning thing down).

See you on The Grid,
~Teny

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 11:54:25 PM »
My plans also include making a full range of clothes from sexy to professional to match as many different kinds of implants as possible...the only problem being that there's only one of me (at least until they get that cloning thing down).

If the lingerie you make is any indication, I very much look forward to that full range. Your lingerie is gorgeous!

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 03:05:02 AM »
Thank you, Melissa and Sylvertung/Teny, for updating us on this new area for exploring BE.

I hereby nominate Melissa Yeuxdoux as the BEA's Official Ambassador to Second Life (or should it be SL's Ambassador to the BEA? Whatever...).
rtpoe

"When Spring comes, the grass grows by itself."
-  Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Ginger

• A Cup
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 12:44:33 PM »
^

+1

Thanks Melissa.

;D

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 01:04:55 AM »
Thank you, Melissa and Sylvertung/Teny, for updating us on this new area for exploring BE.

I hereby nominate Melissa Yeuxdoux as the BEA's Official Ambassador to Second Life (or should it be SL's Ambassador to the BEA? Whatever...).

I'm flattered, but I fear I'm a bit of a dilettante. I program in real life, but after three years I've not taken up SL scripting or building. I just edit textures a bit to adapt tops for prim breasts. I do argue in favor of SL better supporting large breasts (sigh, I knew I'd write something like that); prim breasts are a tribute to user-generated content triumphing over the limitations of the SL avatar shape and to the innovation, skill, and artistry of their makers, but it would be better if they weren't necessary.

I think Teny would do better than I would in that position.

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 01:10:13 AM »
To my mind, the whole concept of 3d generated breasts (especially in MMOs) isn't driven by the realism of the image as much as the suspension of disbelief that the participants follow. In short, give me a game with crappy BE and someone who is willing to act like it's really happening over a well detailed version any day.

The good dancers in SL are indeed willing to act like it's really happening, and are quite good at painting with words to make up for the inadequacies of SL animation--SL animations are things you simply start and stop; the ability to do that at opportune times and to sequence them is all the control you really have.

(Not being good at that, and just plain shyness, are why I'm not a dancer.)

Sylvertung

• A Cup
    • EPIC Misadventures
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 04:35:42 AM »
We're actually very selective in the people that we hire to work at the club, in that they not only have to look fabulous, but that they are also decent roleplayers. Many come from extensive RP backgrounds and have spent countless hours perfecting their skills in text-only environments. I've also been getting permission from some of the girls to post their pictures here so you can see somebody besides me grinning and spilling out of the screen at you.

As for play areas, I've recently expanded the club's land holdings and I'm in the process of building some popular BE-themed rooms and play areas. Stables, space stations, castles, miniature cityscapes, and the like for people to explore their favorite or different scenarios. If anyone here has any ideas about different themed areas, by all means post them here or in one of my other threads and I'll see what I can do (no promises).

I don't know about having a dedicated ambassadorial role, but I would be more than happy to keep the BEA as up to date as I can on SL's goings ons. I'm already doing what I can to transform EPIC (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Villiana/17/82/25) into a hub for breast fetishists everywhere, so it would make sense. After all, we did just become the official meeting place of "Laurana's Cuties", a group requiring all it's members to constantly maintain at least a 100'' bustline. And now that I think about it, as the owner and operator of one of the most popular clubs catering to All Things Boob, I do end up getting a lot of advanced notice (or beta testing) from the different implant developers and clothes designers, many of whom I have on my friend's list.

Sure. Why not?

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 05:17:04 AM »
As far as "ambassador", what I meant was that you keep us informed on BE and busty goings-on in SL, and if you are so inclined, give the BEA a plug over at SL. Probably nothing more than you are doing now.

Maybe the people here who do those things can give you a nice little title to go with your avatars here on the Forum.
rtpoe

"When Spring comes, the grass grows by itself."
-  Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 05:20:09 AM »
Guess I'm coming outta the proverbial woodwork to support this thread, and like, Second Life boobs in general.  I been wearing prims in some form or another for a few years, and they've definitely improved, and have become plenty more mainstream since I first started!  I'm proud of my babies, and love the thrill flaunting them.

Anyways, hmmm, just wanted to say HI and stuffs!

*kisses*

Merilyn Lemon

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 07:10:22 AM by Merilyn JJ Lemon »

Sylvertung

• A Cup
    • EPIC Misadventures
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 06:20:00 AM »
I'd be happy to keep the BEA updated, even if it means just being an aggregator and cross-posting here or someplace that's easily accessible.

As for in-world advertising or , I would love to hear from an official BEA representative about setting something up. I'm sure there are all kinds of opportunities if we're willing to explore them.

Juggernutz

• A Cup
  • vString Scripter
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »
Melissa, thank you for posting this.

I suggest everyone try Second Life and go to the Island of Mammatus. Its a boob lovers paradise, really wish someplace like existed in First Life.  ;D

On opening channels of communication, we do have a SL group called "Breast Expansion Fanatics".
SL Name: Juggernutz Ivanovic

Ginger

• A Cup
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 08:21:51 PM »
I wouldn't mind dancing... but I'd really have to get my role playing up to **11**. It's pretty hard to pull off well. I think I've pissed off half a dozen people since I've been on SL.

Not the state of the art yet, but...
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 11:59:16 PM »
OK. This is not yet official--it was taken by the beautiful and talented Foxbean Liebknecht using an experimental version of the "Imprudence" Second Life client that enables flexible sculpted prims. (The methods for allowing jiggle currently, while noble attempts, have their problems.)

I will just give the url for the flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxbean_liebknecht/3389837273/.