CarlTL

• ZZZ Cup
  • King of the Avatars
Re: My Mission: Roll Back Liberalism
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »
Q_BE left once before when he couldn't reconcile his faith with his love the female form-he made a big stink about leaving then too.

BillN

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 07:23:07 PM »
Yesterday, March 21st, 2010, a date which will live in Infirmary!   :(

robclassact

• P Cup
    • RobClassact Writes
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 12:03:36 AM »
I've long been fascinated by trying to predict the near future and I've semi-seriously concluded that we could be in for a seismic rupturing of the political state no later than 2029.
Why wait 20 years? According to the man who predicted the fall of the Soviet Union down to the month a decade before it happened, the US will economically collapse and be four separate countries by June 2011.
Website. - DeviantArt. - Twitter
Slow Growth & Mini Giantess Story Compilation Project. Check it out!

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 12:39:29 AM »
That Russian dude just wants Alaska back. Indian giver!
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Galidan

• B Cup
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 03:17:37 AM »
Why wait 20 years? According to the man who predicted the fall of the Soviet Union down to the month a decade before it happened, the US will economically collapse and be four separate countries by June 2011.
It says in the article that the man who predicted the fall off the USSR was Emmanuel Todd. Igor Panarin is the one claiming the US will collapse, and he's saying it will happen by this June or July, not June 2011. If he's right, we better get to crumbling right away.
"Some birds just aren't meant to be caged; their feathers are just too bright." --Red, The Shawshank Redemption

sidewalkpsycho

• E Cup
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 04:39:29 AM »
*yawns* Wanna bet that he'll be back within the next three months?

Three months, three days... ::)
When you're good, no one remembers.
When you're bad, no one forgets.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 05:04:04 AM »
That Russian dude just wants Alaska back. Indian giver!
Is the Russian dude a native Americans?
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

Shara

• Cup Runneth O'er
  • version 1.337
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 05:27:22 AM »
but who will oppose China now?
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 05:56:39 AM »
Google just ban China from their site!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

robclassact

• P Cup
    • RobClassact Writes
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 09:02:12 AM »
It says in the article that the man who predicted the fall off the USSR was Emmanuel Todd. Igor Panarin is the one claiming the US will collapse, and he's saying it will happen by this June or July, not June 2011. If he's right, we better get to crumbling right away.

Wow, I can't read!  :-[

Nah, it's been a while since I'd read the article. Either way, let's get to crumblin'!
Website. - DeviantArt. - Twitter
Slow Growth & Mini Giantess Story Compilation Project. Check it out!

notty

• Z Cup
  • Deflating egos since 2004
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »

The Chinese
To paraphrase Poul Anderson, "Intelligence is a wonderful thing. It provides us with reasons for doing what we were going to do anyway."

notty's breast augmentation thread

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 04:07:01 PM »
Who will oppose the Chinese? The Indians. Not the same Indians that Russia is emulating by trying to take back Alaska though. Dot, not feather.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

mastert

• D Cup
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 08:17:37 PM »
Readers' Forum: What has GOP done for workers?
By Clint C. Gold 10/24/99

Not too long ago, my wife and I attended a TV football party in south Tulsa. With a lopsided score, the conversation turned to a livelier subject -- politics. The crowd was, of course, top-heavy with Republicans. With each point expressed their faces became more flushed, eyes bulging a little more and veins popping in their foreheads as they railed against the liberal programs.

Finally a lone, liberal voice asked: "Will you people name me one bill your party ever passed to help the working man of this country?" The question created much din and clamor, and someone sputtered, "Well, what have the Democrats done?"

The liberal responded with a few programs and was interrupted by howling and disdain. He noted that he had not promised they would like the programs and he asked to complete his statement -- a difficult task to ask of Republicans.

He spoke of Social Security; Medicare-Medicaid; Peace Corps; unemployment insurance; welfare (for the poor and corporate); civil rights; student grant and loan programs; safety laws (OSHA); environmental laws; prevailing wage laws; right to collective bargaining (which brought about paid medical insurance, paid vacations, pensions, etc.); workers' compensation; Marshall Plan; flood-disaster insurance; School Lunch Program; women's rights.

He spoke of the Fair Labor Standards Act, which established a minimum wage, instituted **09** labor laws, and set up time-and-a-half pay for over a 40-hour week.

He mentioned FHA-HUD with its public housing, urban renewal and 44 million residential homes (before WWII almost 70 percent of our nation were renters; by the 1970s this had been reversed).

And farm-conservation subsidies -- USDA programs, Farmers Home Administration (the bankers didn't want to make rural loans), small flood-control lakes (more than 3,000 in Oklahoma alone), rural water districts, rural electricity (REA).

The GI Bill was passed, which the Republicans at the time bitterly opposed. They were salivating over millions of returning veterans to hire as cheap labor. More than 8 million have used college benefits, creating millions of entrepreneurs; most of us had never dreamed of college. For the unemployed GI, there was $20 a week for 52 weeks to help get started (a lot of money in those days). The Veterans Administration provided more than 2 million home loans.

For the bankers at the football party, it was pointed out that the liberals saved their industry with the creation of FDIC and FSLIC, insuring their deposits, and saved Wall Street with the establishment of the Securities Exchange Commission.

The oil men came on bended knees to FDR at a time when East Texas oil was 4 cents a barrel and begged him to save their industry. He did; prorationing overturned the rule of capture and the days of flush production were over. Prorating has served this great industry (and nation) well.

And the list went on and on, but of course this group didn't let him get halfway through. He noted they were weary, inattentive, so again he challenged them to offer up any Republican legislation examples.

"I'm sure your party has authored one or two comparable bills from time to time, but I can't think of any, and apparently you can't either. What it boils down to is this: the liberals dragged you into the 20th century scratching and screaming with your heels in the mud, fighting anything that's progressive, everything that's made this country great. You Republicans have never understood that the spending power of blue-collar workers, obtained through Democrats and unions, is what really made this country great. You really believe "The Good Life" was obtained from your own endeavors. You cloak your greed in religion and patriotism, railing against any form of tax, never comprehending that these programs have benefited all of us and our country."

Well, I almost didn't make it out of the house. My wife and I didn't even get to see the end of the football game.

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 12:59:45 AM »
Rachel Maddow and Dana Bash cover a story on Republican inciting violence, and it has been reported that both party are now discussing proper action to address the problems of violence in the last few days after the HCR was pass. I confronted Q_BE if he really meant what he said about bringing the 4 horseman to the democrats, and its interesting that I am finding that to be one of the talking points that the right-winger are saying. Just recently Glenn Beck is saying that the democrats are egging them to get violence with them, that it is what the democrats want to see happen. I am not sure how in his mind he figure that the democrats want this to happen.

Real

• G Cup
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 03:24:01 PM »
q-be's whole little melodrama here is basically conservatives in a nutshell these days.

i mean theyre tired of being pushed around gosh darnit.  they only spent most all of last decade running the u.s. into the ground on about every foreign and domestic front possible, and now that they arent being listened to that must mean america hardly exists anymore.

funny thing we find now that a lot of people who were dissatisfied with obama's plan actually thought it didnt go far enough.  now it seems to shake out that the same majority who rejected old republican failures think healthcare reform is a positive.  think the bunch who oversaw healthcare costs double in 8 years might not know everything.  imagine the gall.

republicans want to be the victim party, no wonder a person like sarah palin is so prominent amongst them.

"the world is going to end if we're not in charge" screeching of dimwit yokels everywhere is not going to sustain the conservative elite and the money they expect to have thrown at them through 2 wars and a near depression though.

progress cant be rolled back forever.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 03:28:34 PM by Real »
My current avatar is: Manda Dawn