Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
Pulse Returns
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:41:17 AM »
At least to some degree.  If you didn't know, I'm starting over the series and attempting something a little more moderated.  It'll still update on Thursdays but it's black and white.

http://pulse.comicdish.com/

It'll also be posted on my DA page for at least the first year or so.  I'm trying to point the pages at webcomiclist and onlinecomics.net to the new page, but they've gotten so slow over the years.  It takes ages for each page to load.

I took down the SOA site just a few minutes ago.  I couldn't completely delete the forum, and ended up sort of breaking it accidently.  It now says "forbidden" when trying to visit the forum directory (not what I planned exactly).

I am posting about this first update here, but unlike the old comics, I doubt it's appropriate to post about every update here.  I will post about this here again at the point where Annie grows physically in the comic (it happens all at once, but it's a fair way into the comic from here).

Shara

• Cup Runneth O'er
  • version 1.337
Re: Pulse Returns
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 08:40:41 AM »
yay  ;D
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

MaxBigfoot

• ZZZ Cup
  • Maximum Manga Maven
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 06:00:38 PM »
Bookmarked!   :D

MaxBigfoot

To change Forum settings so that you see 50 topics per page:
Go to Forum Profile
Hover cursor over "Modify Profile" button in top left
Select "Look and Layout"
Scroll to "Topics to display per page", select 50 in dropdown menu
Click on "Change Profile" at bottom right of page.

You can also change "Messages to display per page" to 50 in the same way.

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 01:20:55 AM »
It's finally to the point where Annie grows, after 28 pages.

Unlike my original plan, I have warn you that there isn't a scene showing the process of her growth.  It happens while she's asleep.  I sort of went with the surprise method, although I'm not sure there's anyone reading it that didn't already read the original.

Q_BE

• P Cup
  • Dreaming of a Scarlett Spring
    • Q-BE's Ramblings
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 11:48:26 PM »
This is a cool comic. I assume there is a purpose to her "changes"? ;)

And will we ever figure out why "IT" came?

Q-"Hooked"-BE :P

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 03:08:25 AM »
Thanks for your readership.

I don't know if there is a purpose for her changes, but I intend to have a explanation eventually about why she changed.  I did have a reason in mind, but I'm reconsidering due to some recent comments.  ...Some of the options would sort of give a purpose I guess.  Maybe even just that her body didn't have enough mass to contain the new charge, so it grew, and out was easier than up.  Tabitha is much larger overall, so it wasn't a problem for her.

I believe I've decided on the backstory for "IT", but it'll take a while, possibly even something that'll wait until I'm nearing the end.  It at least requires seeing the previous event from the point of view from both Charlotte and The Silver Dragon.

Shara

• Cup Runneth O'er
  • version 1.337
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 09:52:23 PM »
it says bizaare on page 10

otherwise, love the reimagining, improved drawing style, elaborated and MUCH MORE clear story.
"I don't always approve of coup d'état, but when I do, it's by Shara." -LuvDemWhoppers

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 07:09:06 AM »
it says bizaare on page 10

otherwise, love the reimagining, improved drawing style, elaborated and MUCH MORE clear story.
I thought I spellchecked, but I guess I was wrong.  I also have to edit Tabitha's neck in the second panel of page 22, there aren't lines across the neck of her suit.

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like the comic so far.  12 years (and having made the comic once) probably makes a difference.  With the original I always felt I was having to explain away or smooth out mistakes from early in the story.

Shara

• Cup Runneth O'er
  • version 1.337
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 07:27:38 AM »
nope, definite improvement, Pulse was always my 2nd fav story of yours anyway; always been keen on the superhero thing

YamatoChan

• A Cup
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 06:46:13 AM »
I love your drawing style, it's so your own unique thing and it returns in all your work. It makes it extra special :D

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 04:40:03 AM »
How did I miss this? 

-Munch "noticed Pulse showing up in ads of various webcomics" Wolf

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 07:56:03 AM »
How did I miss this?  

-Munch "noticed Pulse showing up in ads of various webcomics" Wolf

Welcome!  At least there's almost 60 pages you can read without waiting for updates.  Maybe I haven't promoted it enough?

Yeah, I put up an ad box about 11 months ago and recently decided to start using the $17.50 earned to promote the comic.  Maybe because of the few months lapse between this and the end of the SOA, I figure there are either a lot of old readers who either don't want to read the new Pulse, or don't know about it.  This new comic is still way below half of the SOA readership.

MunchWolf

• What Tagline?
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 04:35:46 PM »
I wasn't even aware of it ...

-Munch "but then I don't frequent the updates forum much" Wolf

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 07:16:28 AM »
Well, I'm glad you are interested.  Just added a new page a few minutes ago.

...I'll reconsider mentioning it in the comics & cartoons thread in the general area, and maybe at the Process forums.  I guess I've been too quiet about it.

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 08:05:32 PM »
I've been reconsidering if I should post about comic updates here.  There are still a trickle of visitors coming from this and other of my posts on the forum.  I always knew that a lot of traffic came from my mentioning updates here, but I thought many would just visit automatically if I stopped, but that might not have been true.  Also I might have switched sites without enough notice, and I seem to hear from people every once in a while who are surprised that I continued making comics.  Traffic is way down compared to the (low traffic itself) old site even considering the change in content, so I thought I'd do some of the things that helped in the past.

I stopped posting about updates because while I thought that the new comic would be considered a big-bust comic, that it might not have enough BE to be considered a BE comic.  If only items that include BE at that moment should be mentioned here, that I had potentially abused that policy often in the past.  Either with updates that included only pictures, or updates of comics that never included BE.  And that there were no other comic authors posting about updates to their comics.

I doubt I'll get approval (but you never know), but I guess I'm mentioning this for a chance for objections.  Assuming I do post about a update each week, I'm not certain if just adding to this thread would be better, or a new thread for each update.  Other forums where I once posted about updates wanted it all into one thread, previously here it was requested that each update be a different thread.