Re: Pulse Returns
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 02:11:45 AM »
I'm on board with the "flat" colors!  More than that isn't really necessary, unless you're really gung-ho about it.

I've been meaning to weigh in on the new Pulse (not that my opinion should matter to you), but in short: lovin' it!  The old one was enjoyable, but I felt a little lost at several points in the story, like I missed pieces here and there (which I might have--I didn't visit your old site as regularly); the new version has incorporated backstory/exposition effectively while keeping the narrative streamlined.  Which is my long-winded way of saying that I used to get confused by the previous iteration of Pulse, but not at all with this one.  So...great job, and keep up the good work!   :D
be seeing you...

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 11:40:47 AM »
I'm on board with the "flat" colors!  More than that isn't really necessary, unless you're really gung-ho about it.

I agree... the flat fields of color suit the strong, linear style of the artwork well. :)

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2012, 06:10:41 AM »
number3fac:
Thanks.  I did though end up adding shading to the colors, hopefully I'll be able to keep up, or worst case there will just be pages with flat colors (that I'll have to go back and finish at some point).  My reasoning was that I couldn't think of a good plan for the older pages.  If I do back and color them, I'd either have to remove the shading, or have shading only up until a point.

I'm glad you are liking the story so far.  There's probably an advantage to doing the same thing twice, but I really tried to have a plan in advance and to introduce ideas or people more slowly.  Before when I was switching between comics (and there was sometimes years between chapters of one series or another), I always felt like I had to make up for the long absence by having the story move really quickly.  This time, I also tried to simplify the backstories or purpose of everyone else but Annie, or have her more connected to everyone.  A complaint in the original was that the story often seemed side-tracked by non-Annie elements.

I welcome suggestions, opinions, or feedback from anyone.  There might be an interesting idea, a problem that I haven't noticed, or a request that'll fit in to the story.  Grace was a request from Prophet Tenebrae for a goth.  Mira and Arim were a request from Varchild for female enemies.  A more recent request from Tenebrae was Annie trying on one of her old bras.  It'll probably come up in the next chapter or the one after, in a scene that I had already planned where Annie and Lucy are going through Annie's old clothes (and deciding what she can still wear).  It'll also make the checkered bikini canon, as it's probably among the things she had but can't wear anymore.

Palomine:
Based on feedback (and a poll I had on DA), people do seem to prefer flat colors to shaded B&W.  Although two people at ComicFury (a place also I post the comic) complained, preferring B&W.

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
Re: Pulse Returns, #78
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 07:06:45 AM »
Update today, page 78 "Spider-Filled Past"
http://pulse.comicdish.com/

ComicDish has been in the process of moving to a new host for over a week, and the site has been going off and on.  I suspect that'll keep happening until it's complete.

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
Re: Pulse Returns, #79
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 07:11:18 AM »
Update today, page 79 "Warmth"

I'm not sure if she should be saying something in the last two panels or not.  I thought she would just be stunned.

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
Re: Pulse Returns, #80
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 07:35:12 PM »
Update today, page 80 "Ice Cold"

A little early.  Comic Dish finished the move, but it seems like the server is now set to a different time zone.  I meant to have it post the update at midnight, but it updated at 8:00pm instead.

Also, the site has been overhauled.  It's now very blue instead of gray, and there are (incomplete) art and gift art sections (including some amount of Pulse v1 items).

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
Re: Pulse Returns, #84
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 02:48:56 AM »
Update today, page 84 "Fingers and Toes"

...Three more pages and this'll be longer than The Adept I think.

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
A 5' 3" asian with 37 inch hips would probably be pretty impressive.

"Probably"? :D :)

Keep up the excellent work, Lightfoot!
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
Re: Pulse Returns, #86
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 11:54:52 PM »
"Probably"? :D :)

Keep up the excellent work, Lightfoot!

Well, I owe a picture on DA of her with hips and butt more proportionate to her chest, a common request.  Thanks, I'm glad people like it so far.

Update today, page 86 "Ups and Downs"

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse