Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
Re: Pulse Checkered Bikini picture 2014
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2014, 09:40:17 PM »
Update today, the 14th Annual Checkered Bikini Picture as a mid-week update.
http://pulse.comicdish.com/

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: Pulse Checkered Bikini picture 2014
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2014, 03:53:14 PM »
Update today, the 14th Annual Checkered Bikini Picture as a mid-week update.

Delicious! Thanks a lot! :D

rtpoe

• Old Fart
Re: Pulse Returns
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »
Has it been 14 years already? Sheesh!
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2014, 01:58:09 AM »
Delicious! Thanks a lot! :D

Kind of like the Incredible Hulk, or the Invincible Iron-Man- she's the Delicious Pulse.

Has it been 14 years already? Sheesh!

It's 14 if you are counting since the creation of the Stone of Adventure site.  It's 15 if you are counting when I started drawing Pulse.  If she was a real person, the original once eighteen y.o. Annie would be in her thirties.  Even the 2010 twenty y.o. reboot Annie has only aged weeks-months.

BustArtist

• E Cup
    • bustartist.com
« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »
Kind of like the Incredible Hulk, or the Invincible Iron-Man- she's the Delicious Pulse.

It's 14 if you are counting since the creation of the Stone of Adventure site.  It's 15 if you are counting when I started drawing Pulse.  If she was a real person, the original once eighteen y.o. Annie would be in her thirties.  Even the 2010 twenty y.o. reboot Annie has only aged weeks-months.

It's frightening how time flies, sometimes.  My first FanTITy morph is now 18 years old.

Keep up the great work, Lightfoot!

grOw/cOmics and grOw/stOries available at: www.bustartist.com

Previews at: DeviantArt Gallery

Nimrod

• KC Strip Artist
« Reply #177 on: July 09, 2014, 07:02:44 AM »

It's 14 if you are counting since the creation of the Stone of Adventure site.  It's 15 if you are counting when I started drawing Pulse.  If she was a real person, the original once eighteen y.o. Annie would be in her thirties.  Even the 2010 twenty y.o. reboot Annie has only aged weeks-months.

From Bust Artist:
It's frightening how time flies, sometimes.  My first FanTITy morph is now 18 years old.

I still like the Original Pulse story and art a tiny bit more - I feel it fits her character just slightly more. But, yes it does feel like time flies at times. The first time I drew Kithara (as a bunny girl) was in the summer of 1991. That was 23 years ago!

The current Pulse story is very engaging and more polished - and to think that the checker board bikini just started as a one-off piece. Keep the cool stuff coming LF.

Here is Annie from 13 years ago -
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise

Lightfoot

• Wandering Artist
    • Pulse
Re: Pulse #189
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2014, 03:40:53 AM »
Update today, page 189 "One Hit Wonder"

I still like the Original Pulse story and art a tiny bit more - I feel it fits her character just slightly more.

Like what?

Some people I suspect just dislike reboots, some are unhappy many of the characters are smaller busted, and some are unhappy that there isn't nudity this time.  I've heard each of those complaints, but I'm not sure which one is the most prominent.

Here is Annie from 13 years ago -

And that's only from 13 years ago, one-two years into the comic.  It's actually page 58, not 14 (you can see it says Pulse #4 on the top.  I used to follow the method used by many long-form comics and every chapter had a page one.  I eventually decided that was confusing and adopted my current method.

Nimrod

• KC Strip Artist
Re: Pulse #189
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2014, 06:42:21 PM »
Update today, page 189 "One Hit Wonder"

Like what?

Some people I suspect just dislike reboots, some are unhappy many of the characters are smaller busted, and some are unhappy that there isn't nudity this time.  I've heard each of those complaints, but I'm not sure which one is the most prominent.

And that's only from 13 years ago, one-two years into the comic.  It's actually page 58, not 14 (you can see it says Pulse #4 on the top.  I used to follow the method used by many long-form comics and every chapter had a page one.  I eventually decided that was confusing and adopted my current method.

Like What?
I liked the simpler line style and slightly more comic book feel with deep shadows and character blocking - it seemed to go along with her recollections and Jungle Girl day dreams.

Some people I suspect just dislike reboots
As far as the reboot - I think it is great. The first run was right out of the gate. With reflection you made it clear that the story could be told in a better way in your opinion.

many of the characters are smaller busted
I have no problem with the smaller busts and in fact I like the variation as it makes things a bit more realistic and puts Pulse in perspective. Nudity did seem a bit much the first time too. Just how many shower scenes does one have in a day?

It's actually page 58
Regarding the comic numbering conventions - you will note that the PNG file is number 58, hence the actual ordinal number of that strip is rather obvious to anyone who notices details like that.

The only critique between the previous and current telling of the Pulse story is that I miss the greater sense of "discovery" and revelation from the first. Things occur a bit fast I think this time around and there are a few times that the unfamiliar might be caught saying "Why did that happen or who is that person?"

I mentioned that same thing about some of the later PeEVEd installments when those uninitiated into the world of those particular video games might not have the back story and subtle things like inside jokes and allusions would be lost.
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise