3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
Re: WINNER of the BEA MORPH CONTEST Feb. 2019: water
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2019, 01:21:18 AM »
You have xmas shopping and then rolled into taxes, but you also had the govt shutdown that had people scrambling for extra work or dependent on govt employees to make a living. So throwing that on top of it may have effected the contest. I am sure it will kick off again after April
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

Prof Morearty

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2019, 10:30:16 AM »
3deroticer, you bring up points I hadn't thought of, events that hamper morphers in their efforts. But note that they are mostly restricted to Americans, who make up only half of the members here. Still, glad to see you are optimistic.

CarlTL, here are the last ten themes:

walls
fitness
glasses
Playboy
performing artists
Evil!
corsets and lingerie
cars
balconies etc.
water

I don't really see that these are at all "samey". It is true that there is some similarity with earlier contest themes, such as bras, boats and showers. Perhaps we should abandon the principle that the winner names the next theme (and picks themes he likes, which tend to be similar to ones he/she has already chosen).  Instead we could set up a battery of possible themes chosen by morphers and morph fans, like those of solvegas. I'll start a thread to collect such suggestions  Probably I'll post them in a poll after the thread has run a week or two, so we have a priority list. Other comments will be welcome too.  Stay tuned.

µ

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2019, 11:46:39 AM »
when you list them all I immediately thought of those improvisation where someone pick 3 random things and then you had to make a skit out of those things. Just an idea!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."