pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »
On the bright side, Francisco Franco is still dead.

I love ya, gOOb! "Today, in the continuing death of Francisco Franco..." From SNL, when it was funny.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

PregNut

• ZZZ Cup
  • Pregnancy: Mother Nature's BE.
    • http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,155796.msg157416.html#msg157416
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 05:50:30 PM »
A tad over 35 years ago, 29 men went down

One of the wheelsman was from my hometown.
"Whenever someone talks about doing something for reasons of justice, you should put your hand in your pocket, because you're about to get it picked."

Avatar courtesy of Getty Images.

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 05:30:30 PM »
^this is why I like to remember and hope to draw from. LDW
I'm walkin' here

rtpoe

• Old Fart
Ingrid Pitt, Queen of the Vampires (1937-2010)
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 11:21:47 PM »
She was born Ingoushka Petrov in Poland to a Jewish mother and a German father who was a scientist and refused to work on the Nazis' rocketry program. Pitt was five when she and her mother were sent to the Stutthof concentration camp, where they remained for three years. "I think I first knew I wanted to act in the camp," she said. "I used to lie on the straw and try and believe I was somewhere else."

When they were taken into a forest to be shot, Pitt and her mother managed to escape and were rescued by partisans. They spent the last year of the war living rough with the partisans, before making their way to Berlin. "I was born into the biggest horror show of the century, the brutalities of the Nazi regime," said Pitt. "I think it's very amazing that I do horror films when I had this awful childhood. But maybe that's why I'm good at it."

More here, with some videos here.

Her entry at AllMovie.com

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 06:32:28 AM »
Prince of England (may I call you Prince of England?), thanks!  I always remember her from "Countess Dracula," the Hammer spin on Erszebet Bathory. 

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 01:37:17 AM »
Ah, rtpoe, you beat me to it. Ms. Pitt continued the tradition of Polish women having big boobs, or as the Daily Telegraph put it, an "equally formidable embonpoint". Her partner-in-crime in those films, Maddy Smith, was the first Bond girl to appear in Live and Let Die -- remember the Italian woman whose dress was unzipped by Bond using that magnetic watch attachment thing? -- and was also pretty bosomy herself. In a 2009 BBC interview she explains how she did it:
The Vampire Lovers was a much more adult direction for Hammer in 1970...

I have to remind you of my previous remark about being completely gormless and innocent - we've only moved on about three months.

I got a very worried phone call from the producer who said he was concerned about my lack of bosom. He said 'we like you a lot, but we don't think you are voluptuous enough'.

I reassured him, and then I scuttled off to Hornby and Clarke dairy round the corner and I bought every yoghurt I could find and stuffed myself like you might fatten cattle, and it worked!

As you see [motions to cover of book Hammer Glamour: Classic Images from the Archive of Hammer Films on which her and her bosom appear], need I say more?

Ms. Pitt was much more than just a scream queen: not only did she appear in Doctor Who and Ironside, she was a novelist and writer who published almost a dozen books, earned a black belt in karate (she trained in the same dojo as Elvis Presley did), was a judge for the British talent contest New Faces, and earned a pilots license.

She will be missed.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 01:59:26 AM by TheZookie007 »
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Starscream

• +3 Custom Title
  • +1 Custom Title
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 07:54:43 PM »
Leslie Nielsen dead at 84
CJOB News Team reporting
11/28/2010

Canadian funnyman and actor Leslie Nielsen has passed away in hospital in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

The star of comedy hits such as "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun" series dies of complications from pneumonia, according to his nephew Doug Nielsen, who lives in Richmond...

Source: http://www.cjob.com/Landing/Story.aspx?ID=1318402

Leslie William Nielsen - February 11, 1926 - November 28, 2010
Another legend taken from us

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »
...and not to forget that he was the romantic lead in the sci-fi classic Forbidden Planet too.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 10:26:38 PM »
The man with two careers, first as stodgy but earnest fellows as in "Forbidden Planet," like Zook says, or some basic espionage thriller like "Code Name Heraclitus" -- and then, boom, he gets that role as Dr. Rumack in "Airplane!' and is able to resuscitate himself playing AGAINST his very own old school type.  Would that more of us could age with such inspired gracelessness.

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 12:06:05 AM »
One of Canada's best exports to the USA. Got to meet  Leslie Nielsen about 7 years ago when he was promoting a show at the Luxor called " Pirates 4D " which was being shown at the Attractions level theater. Very, very polite and approachable and he signed autographs without any fuzz or problems. He was no primmadonna that day. I was assigned crowd control that day and it was easy overtime money since the gathered crowd was very well behaved. I think his character he played in " Airplane " ( Has 30 years gone by since then ? Hard to believe. ) is a classic. His deadpan delivery ( " please don't call me Shirley " ) was sublime. He will be missed  :(.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 12:34:22 AM »
One of Canada's best exports to the USA. Got to meet  Leslie Nielsen about 7 years ago when he was promoting a show at the Luxor called " Pirates 4D " which was being shown at the Attractions level theater. Very, very polite and approachable and he signed autographs without any fuzz or problems. He was no primmadonna that day. I was assigned crowd control that day and it was easy overtime money since the gathered crowd was very well behaved. I think his character he played in " Airplane " ( Has 30 years gone by since then ? Hard to believe. ) is a classic. His deadpan delivery ( " please don't call me Shirley " ) was sublime. He will be missed  :(.

I think I saw every episode of "Police Squad" that was aired--I can't remember if it was three or four-- and I should have realized that it was much too good to last. He used a lot of "language humor" (Whenever anyone said to go "back to the station", he drove in reverse) with his total deadpan delivery and it was as funny as George Carlin's material. Apparently there were only about a dozen of us watching, because it was pulled.

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 01:29:36 AM »
Leslie Nielson is dead? Surely you can`t be serious. We were all counting on him.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:48:17 AM by gOOber »
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 05:46:58 AM »
Leslie Nielson is dead? Surely you can`t be serious. We were all counting on him.

Only he could overcome The Monsters From The Id!

RandomX

• ZZZ Cup
    • www.overflowingforum.com
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 06:28:01 AM »
I came in here knowing full well whose name I would see. It doesn't make it any easier. :(
100% real woman, with notarized documents and witnesses to back this claim up.

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 07:16:20 AM »
I didn`t know until just now that Nielson was legally deaf throughout his life.
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....