TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: The R.I.P. Thread
« Reply #1635 on: September 29, 2017, 12:42:12 AM »

I always found his taste in women to be very bland and middle of the road.
Blonde,mid 20's,slim with fake large c or small d cups.Rinse,repeat.

That was late-period Hef. I wish to remember his glorious golden age, that gave us such wondrous beauties as Janet Lupo, China Lee, Anna Nicole Smith, Cynthia Myers, Miriam Gonzalez, Ida Ljungqvist, Roberta Vasquez, Azizi Johari, June Cochran, Christa Speck, Marilyn Lange, Melinda Windsor, Gwen Wong and Petra Verkaik.

And don't forget September Carrino ;)
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1636 on: September 29, 2017, 10:39:32 PM »
And also, DO NOT FORGET Ellen Stohl.

In January of 1983, the van she was driving crashed. She was thrown through the windshield, causing massive injuries including a crushed spinal cord. After several months of surgery and rehab, she recovered - but was still **88** from the waist down, confined to a wheelchair. After some attempts at taking acting jobs, she wrote to Playboy:

"My name is Ellen Stohl, I am a model/actress, who three years ago was injured in a tragic auto accident. At first, I had given up hope of pursuing my career, but after a few months and a lot of learning, I realized a wheelchair should not make a difference. Since that realization, I have been working twice as hard to achieve my career goals not only for myself but also to teach society that being disabled does not make a difference. The reason I choose Playboy for this endeavor is that sexuality is the hardest thing for disabled persons to hold onto. Not to say that they are not capable, but rather that society's emphasis on perfection puts this definitive damper on self-esteem. Well, I believe it is time to show society the real story. Anyone can be sexy; it is a matter of how a person feels about himself or herself, and personally I feel great."

Hef got the letter, and was admittedly nervous about it. "But he said the issue (of disabled rights) was important enough to take the risk," Stohl said. Editors at the magazine feared that critics would have a field day, accusing Playboy of exploitation of the disabled as a fetish object. ("Why stir the buzzards up?" one editor asked.) Her pictoral didn't show her wheelchair at all, and only three small photos showed her in a seated position. And after it ran, there was no outcry, or even a noticeable bump in sales. Most reaction was favorable, Playboy editors and Stohl said.

Stohl met the magazine's standards for a pretty face, said Gary Cole, Playboy's photography director. "No one has a perfect body."

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-03-17/news/li-1915_1_ellen-stohl
http://www.abilitymagazine.com/charles-Hugh%20Hefner-stohl.html

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1637 on: September 30, 2017, 10:44:45 PM »
MONTY HALL (1921-2017)

Born in Winnipeg, he graduated from the University of Manitoba, worked as an entertainer and sportscaster in Toronto before heading south to New York in 1955 to host the NBC radio show Monitor. His next gig, the CBS TV game-show Video Village, led him west to Los Angeles, where he would create "Let's Make a Deal" with Stefan Hatos.

Early shows had the audience dressed in suits and dresses, until a woman came holding a sign with the message: "Roses are red, violets are blue, I came here to deal with you." "The next week, everybody had a sign," Hall said in a 2002 interview with the Archive of American Television. "Then somebody else had a funny hat, then came costumes. ..."

"I’m a people person," he said on the PBS documentary series Pioneers of Television. "And so I don’t care if they jump on me, and I don’t care if they yell and they fainted — those are my people."

One of the first inductees to the Game Show Hall of Fame, he also received a lifetime-achievement Emmy in 2013 from Wayne Brady, the current host of Let's Make a Deal.

Hall was also known for his philanthropy, helping to raise nearly a billion dollars for various causes. "His philanthropy work was more important to him than his TV work. He saw TV as a means to help him raise money for charities. He was always paying it forward," son-in-law Todd Kessler told CNN.

Sharon Hall said her father was always working for charities because of an experience that happened to him as a young man that changed his life.

"He took a job scrubbing steps to try to pay for his college and a man took pity on him and told him he would pay for his college if he did three things: retain an A average, keep the man's name anonymous, and promise to pay it forward," she said. Hall retained a friendship with the man whose name he never revealed. "He was always going to telethons to raise money. He was even honored with the Royal Order of Canada. The highest honor for a Canadian."

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #1638 on: October 01, 2017, 07:22:41 PM »
Quote from: @tommygunz07
Hugh Hefner lived so long that his first wife's name was Mildred and his last wife's name was Crystal.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1639 on: October 02, 2017, 12:30:41 AM »

MONTY HALL (1921-2017)

Through his show, his name was also associated with a famous logic puzzle.

« Reply #1640 on: October 03, 2017, 07:49:53 AM »
Rock icon Tom Petty has passed away at the age of 66

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1641 on: October 03, 2017, 09:04:36 PM »
As someone said on Twitter: "He died twice because he's TOM FUCKIN' PETTY."

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1642 on: October 30, 2017, 09:23:53 PM »
ANTOINE "FATS" DOMINO 1928 - 2017

"A musician with Domino’s chops and inventiveness could take the well-traveled 12-bar blues of New Orleans, the rustic blues of the Delta, Texas boogie-woogie—vernacular African American musical forms both rural and urban—marry them to a maudlin pop standard, and somehow turn them into something new that would appeal to young people across racial lines." - David A. Graham, The Atlantic

The Fat Man:

Blueberry Hill

Ain't That a Shame

Jambalaya

When the Saints Go Marching In / Sentimental Journey

rtpoe

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #1643 on: November 09, 2017, 09:50:50 PM »
John Hillerman, aka Higgins on the TV show Magnum P.I. , died at the age of 84. Born in Denison, Texas, he played stuffy, upper class British characters during his career even though he was a Texas country boy from a tiny railroad stop. Born on December 20, 1932. Valla con Dios, Compadre.  :'(

Cutter

• X Cup
« Reply #1644 on: November 13, 2017, 06:54:43 AM »
One of our favorite artists the great Julius Zimmerman had passed around Nov 5th.

He had terminal cancer.  This is where I got the information.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrueKrillos/status/927256603883122688?p=v
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

CarlTL

• ZZZ Cup
  • King of the Avatars
« Reply #1645 on: November 13, 2017, 06:08:33 PM »
Damn, one of our own.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1646 on: November 13, 2017, 08:11:42 PM »
LIZ SMITH (1923 - 2017)

Mary Elizabeth Smith was born in Fort Worth, Texas.  In 1949 Smith graduated with a journalism degree from the University of Texas at Austin — where she wrote for the Daily Texan. Moving to New York, she worked as a typist, proofreader and reporter before landing a job as a news producer for Mike Wallace at CBS Radio. She spent five years as a news producer for NBC-TV, and she also worked for Allan Funt on "Candid Camera."

Smith started out writing the anonymous "Cholly Knickerbocker" gossip column in the 1950s for the Hearst papers. After ending her work on that column in the early 1960s she went to work for Helen Gurley Brown as the entertainment editor for the U.S. version of Cosmopolitan magazine, later also working as entertainment editor of Sports Illustrated.

Smith ultimately wrote for nine New York newspapers and dozens of magazines. While establishing herself as an authority on Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, Smith attracted the attention of the New York Daily News. She started her own column at the tabloid in 1976 — and a gossip star was born.

Three years later, during a newspaper strike in New York City, her editors at the Daily News asked her to appear in daily segments on WNBC’s "Live at Five" newscast; she remained with the program for 11 years, earning an Emmy in 1985. By the 1990s, she began a syndicated daily column that ran in Newsday and the New York Post.

In later years, she helped found Huffington Post along with Lesley Stahl, Mary Wells Lawrence and Joni Evans. But as she told the Times in 2014, she didn't pay any attention to Gawker, TMZ or any of the other **29** gossip-oriented websites that have proliferated over the last decade. "I never know whether the stories are true," she declared.

"Liz Smith was the definition of a lady," actor James Woods tweeted. "She dished, but always found a way to make it entertaining and fun."

Vanity Fair called her "an unflagging standard of integrity and grace that is shamefully rare in today's media ... She redeems the very institution of the Gossip Column from utter disrepute."

Asked about why we retain our fascination with **28**, Smith replied: "Remember ‘Camelot’? The song: ‘I Wonder What the King Is Doing Tonight?’ We make stars into something exquisite, and we want to know what they’re doing and thinking because our lives are desperately boring."

Smith, Beverly Sills, Carol Burnett and Barbara Walters at a Lincoln Center tribute to Sills in 2003:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:20:46 PM by rtpoe »
rtpoe

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1647 on: November 14, 2017, 07:05:47 AM »
"In later years, she helped found Huffington Post along with Lesley Stahl, Mary Wells Lawrence and Joni Evans."

Wait, what?? She did? I had no idea!

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1648 on: November 15, 2017, 08:09:54 PM »
Liz Smith also wrote the cover story for SI's very first "swimsuit issue".
rtpoe

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1649 on: November 15, 2017, 08:11:49 PM »
Liz Smith also wrote the cover story for SI's very first "swimsuit issue".

Wow! Who knew? She really lived a full life.