solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
Re: It is time!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2014, 10:18:17 PM »
I've had two cataract operations, one for each eye, and the last one was  three years ago. I have cataracts in each eye right now but since they are off to the side they don't interfere with my vision so it's best to let **83** dogs lay. I had my first one done, the left, when I was 49 years old and I had no idea at the time what the hell was happening. It is so slow that you tend to adjust and get used to it until finally it dawns on you your sight sucks. I went to the eye Doctor and in seconds she saw the cataract when she flashed a light on me. When told I needed it removed with a operation, I initially panicked because I remembered my paternal grandmother operation in the 60's and I didn't like the thought of a huge eye patch and weeks of recovery. The eye Doctor chuckled and said with lasik it would be done in 15 - 30 minutes and recovery in two days max but I would have to make sure I used the prescription drops faithfully for a few weeks.

The difference was dramatic. Colors were amazing again and I could read clearly again. My second cataract happened slowly but I then knew what was going on and got the operation done much sooner. Diabetes doesn't help but I've maintained my blood sugar A1C between 6 - 6.25 which ain't perfect but it's tolerable. No bread or pasta or sweets though  :(. Well, I do cheat sometimes but the guilt trip ain't pleasant.  ::) 

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
  • Morphs are updated each week!
    • Zorro" Zorromorphs @ Shutterfly
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
I do not know if the V.A. has Lasik.

They are usually several years behind the times and who knows what the procedure is.

The Veterans Administration is like the Mafia - You go in alive and come out dead and nobody knows what happened.
WHEN STARTING OR ANSWERING THREADS/POSTS, LINKS ARE SHOWN TO PROVIDE SOURCE INFORMATION INSTEAD OF JUST COPYING/PASTING PERSONAL OPINIONS.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2014, 12:07:13 AM »

No bread or pasta or sweets though  :(. Well, I do cheat sometimes but the guilt trip ain't pleasant.  ::) 

Sol, I get a kick out of the silly fad of "gluten free" stuff. The damn gluten is the only thing in bread that doesn't hurt me.   ::)
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 06:46:56 AM »
Diabetes promotes cataracts.
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
Cataracts
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2014, 10:18:51 PM »
I have done some research about different ways to treat cataracts without surgery.

Since I live alone and have no one where I live to help transport me to and from the VA Medical Center, for an operation the VA will not operate on me.

There is an eye drop product that can help to treat the condition. I checked with different sources to make sure that the product is safe with no bad side effects to worry about.
Besides the normal condition of having the vision in my left eye starting to be like looking through a opaque shower curtain I had like what looks like tiny black dots floating around in both eyes. The eye doctor at the VA told me the dots were located between the surface of the eye and the lens.

After 2 days the dots are nearly all gone and I take this as a sign of improvement and hopefully the cataracts will take a few more weeks to clear up as well.

I still get headaches when I am morphing pictures, but not as quick as was a few days ago.

Only time will tell if this works for me, but so far things are a lot better.

WHEN STARTING OR ANSWERING THREADS/POSTS, LINKS ARE SHOWN TO PROVIDE SOURCE INFORMATION INSTEAD OF JUST COPYING/PASTING PERSONAL OPINIONS.

SwitcherX

• Legend
Re: Cataracts
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »
Since I live alone and have no one where I live to help transport me to and from the VA Medical Center, for an operation the VA will not operate on me.

Does Lyft or Uber operate where you live?

Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2014, 08:00:20 AM »
Lyft does, but the VA will not accept them.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 10:45:51 PM »
Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Well, not literally. There are a lot of things that are hard to do when your fingers are crossed. Typing, for one:

Thneoqucik beon fox jumkped ofvet the lazy dog....
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2014, 02:25:47 AM »
Lyft does, but the VA will not accept them.

What do you mean?
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

-- Notty

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2014, 07:46:57 AM »
It's not just a transportation issue.

The VA insists that someone would need to help me in my home for a while the day of the operation.
This is also why I can not get the hip surgery done because I would need help the first week or so.

The Veterans Administration nationwide has it's own issues and the Hampton Medical Center is not in the best shape right now as far as veterans waiting months for simple medical care. Thankfully I have been a V.A. patient since 2000, but even I have to wait a month to 3 months for some appointments.

Emergencies are different of course, but no matter how many vets are in the ER it make take 3 to 6 hours before you are seen by a doctor.

The only difference between the Veterans Administration and Obamacare is that the V.A. is free to retirees and when I was working my meds were only $7.00 a prescription.

Just a few days ago a vet died within 5 days due to patient neglect and this bothers me as well.

I hope this answers you question SwitcherX.

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2014, 11:22:11 PM »
I thought you just needed a ride to the place and their regulations said it had to be from a relative or something.
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

-- Mammeister

-- Notty

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2014, 06:13:11 AM »
Zorro, is there anything we can do to help?

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2014, 01:27:35 PM »
Zorro, is there anything we can do to help?

Now that is question I never heard during my past ups and mostly downs during my years on the BEA.

I am fortunate that I was able to retire at 62 and also receive a disability pension from the V.A. With this I was able to end my dependence on subsidized housing and have the freedom to do things like acquiring 2 eight week old kittens who have reached a year old. The subsidized housing folks would not let me have pets.

Many veterans have therapy dogs for helping with PTSD and other mentally challenging conditions, but even though I can qualify for one of these animals I prefer to have my "boys" who are brothers out of the same litter.

So I thank you Gonzo for your concern and the best way anyone can help me is to keep liking my morphs even though I am not able to produce the quantities I had before.
It is a joy to me that there are other people who like, desire and love large breasted women as I do.

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2014, 06:43:41 AM »
Enjoying your morphs requires no effort at all. :) Good luck with the other stuff, man.

Zorro

• Zorro Cup
This past weekend...
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2014, 10:30:32 PM »
I went out of the apartment for a while to do some grocery shopping.

Since I only needed a few items I walked over to the Family Dollar store. I came in contact with very few people yet by Sunday night I had flu symptoms and yesterday it got worse. This morning I had to go out again to do my laundry and tonight I took some meds to help me out.

Right now I feel a tad weakened but the coughing, sneezing and headache have just about stopped.
The thing is since I am allergic to eggs I can not get a flu shot.

Some of the other home remedies I also did was chicken noodle soup and the plenty of liquids route too. When I was a youngster my mother would also make me drink pineapple/grapefruit juice, which I really didn't like much so that was the only thing I left out.

I tell ya, if I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.