rtpoe

• Old Fart
Re: Funny Politics
« Reply #1515 on: January 07, 2017, 03:45:09 AM »
Over at The Agony Booth, (agonybooth.com), they've been doing a series on "Movies that Predicted Trump".

While it is pretty well known that Biff Tannen in "Back to the Future" was based on him, the series looks at The Dead Zone, Idiocracy, Bulworth, Bob Roberts, A Face in the Crowd, and Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.

Cracked has also noted that Marvel's 2008 story line "Dark Reign", where Norman "Green Goblin" Osgood pretty much takes over the US, is eerily similar to Trump's rise.

So anyway, what the American player here is forgetting is that the game really is worth the prize:
rtpoe

"Shake out your flags, birch and willow!
Shake out your red tassels, larch!
Grass blades, up from your earth - pillow.
Hear who is calling you. . . March."
-  Lucy Larcom, March

andrat2000

• ZZZ Cup
  • undisputed record holder largest augmented breasts
    • not living in North Korea
« Reply #1516 on: January 09, 2017, 10:30:19 AM »
Instead of "Being John Malkovitch" we can call it "Being Donald Trump":

Did someone search for the 7 1/2 floor on Trump Tower already?

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1517 on: January 11, 2017, 03:35:17 AM »
Back in Feb. 2009, (then) Senate Minorty Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) sent a letter to the Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) gently reminding him of the proper procedures involved in the nomination procedures. Clearly, he wanted to make sure that the new Obama administration didn't try to ram through nominees without proper vetting or hearings.

Last week, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) sent a similar letter to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell....

A very similar letter......
rtpoe

-  Lucy Larcom, March

andrat2000

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #1518 on: January 11, 2017, 07:10:14 AM »
Back in Feb. 2009, (then) Senate Minorty Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) sent a letter to the Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) gently reminding him of the proper procedures involved in the nomination procedures. Clearly, he wanted to make sure that the new Obama administration didn't try to ram through nominees without proper vetting or hearings.

Last week, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) sent a similar letter to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell....

Lol. It's not the same, far from being the same.
Last time Obama was the president, a man who is the center for all the hate of the alright, for whatever reasons.
This time not a man is president elect, this time it is god.

The god of hate.

This fact makes it the funny part.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:12:38 AM by andrat2000 »

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #1519 on: January 11, 2017, 01:56:31 PM »

You can thank my former Senator Harry Reid when he and the Democrats essentially emasculated the Filibuster in order to get three radical left judges into to the DC appeals court because they wanted to ram them through the Senate confirmations over the Republican objections. Well, the rules are now different in 2017 than in 2009 and now it is going to bite the Democrats very, very badly. The filibuster was placed / evolved as a rule by the Senate during the Progressive era and before in order to stop a simple majority from doing whatever it wanted but the Democrats under that idiot Harry Reid blew it up because they believed they would be a permanent majority. That is what happens when Liberals who live in a bubble in single party states like California drive the agenda and think they can impose whatever they want on the people of " Fly over country ". Enjoy the next few years. You Liberals/Democrats made your bed, now lay on it.

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #1520 on: January 12, 2017, 01:21:22 PM »
I'm walkin' here

andrat2000

• ZZZ Cup

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #1522 on: January 12, 2017, 11:47:19 PM »
^if you think Angelina Castro is natural, ah, were you doing rip van winkle for 10 years?
I'm walkin' here

« Reply #1523 on: January 13, 2017, 12:16:10 AM »
I dont think Trump is the most mature person, but pretty funny and accurate nonetheless.
Rachel Aldana. Leanne Crow. September Carrino. Abbi Secraa. Wendy Fiore. Lantti Irres. Cassie0pia.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1524 on: January 14, 2017, 03:34:25 AM »
How about a game of solitaire?
rtpoe

-  Lucy Larcom, March

« Reply #1525 on: January 17, 2017, 03:41:41 AM »
WOW, who would of thought satire would become reality?

Life Through the Eyes of SJWs and Liberals
Rachel Aldana. Leanne Crow. September Carrino. Abbi Secraa. Wendy Fiore. Lantti Irres. Cassie0pia.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1526 on: January 20, 2017, 04:20:52 AM »
A couple of (hopefully) humorous notes as we go through our national shift change on the Ship of State (I'm sure Solvegas will correct my terminology):

1. You may have seen that photo Donnie Boy tweeted of him supposedly working on his inaugural address. He's sitting at a concierge's desk in his Mar-A-Lago resort, or, as he calls it, the "Winter Palace White House". He's got a Sharpie and a pad of paper, and is gazing intently forward.

To me, it looks exactly like he's watching and transcribing a video, because that's the exact same pose I use in the same situation.

He just keeps posting great meme material, doesn't he?

So, What's Donald Writing?

I figure it's:

All work and no play makes Donald a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Donald a Dull boy.
all work and no play makes Donald a dull boy.
All Work an no play makes Donald a dull boy.
All work and no Play makes Donald a dull boy.
All work and no play makes donald a dull boy.........

2. It's a tradition that the outgoing president leave a letter in the Oval Office for the incoming president. I'm wondering if Obama left something like this:

Donald - I took the liberty of typing up the attached for you. All you need to do is sign and date it. - Barack

"My Fellow Americans, I hereby resign the office of President, effective noon tomorrow. Donald J. Trump"

(I note that a UK oddsmaking house is giving even odds that Trump will not complete his term, either by impeachment or resignation.)

3. Somewhere in Texas, George W. Bush is breathing a sigh of relief that he will no longer go down as the Worst President Ever.....
rtpoe

-  Lucy Larcom, March

« Reply #1527 on: January 20, 2017, 09:53:30 PM »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:26:55 AM by StrikezOne »

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1528 on: January 21, 2017, 06:27:37 AM »
Given how low the turnout was for his Inauguration:

Trump's staff had to really work hard to find a good photo to use as a banner background for the new President's Twitter page.

They wound up using (apparently stolen from Getty Images) a photo from Obama's inauguration

http://www.gq.com/story/trump-steals-obama-inauguration-photo
rtpoe

-  Lucy Larcom, March

Cutter

• X Cup
« Reply #1529 on: January 21, 2017, 12:27:45 PM »
I have a question as to what time the pic for Trumps side was taken? 

Although checking through the DC Metro twitter feed there are a few pics taken from a news video feed (MSNBC?) time stamped at 11:10 AM.

However if you want to see a crowd  on the DC Mall check this one from an imaging satellite that passed over during the Comedy Central rally to Restore Sanity and or Fear. 

Now THAT's a crowd.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:12:38 PM by Cutter »
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/