Bad Kitty

• A Cup
  • To BE or not to BE, that is a silly question.
Re: Funny Politics
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2011, 06:15:04 AM »
Well, it *is* the funny politics thread :)

Ironically, doing away with corporate income taxes is a decent idea... IF (huge "if") you could find some way to increase everyone's personal income by an equal margin, and raise personal taxes proportionately. IF you could manage that feat, then the sum total of taxes would be the same, and the sum spending power of individuals would be the same. The difference then would be that foreign products would be effectively 'taxed' in the income before it's spent on products, "somewhat" leveling the playing field for domestic companies to compete with foreign ones, at least in domestic markets. The trick would be getting everyone's personal income up to par to make it a transparent shift of taxation point. It wouldn't make a huge difference, but by taxing the commerce at the paycheck, the taxation effectively applies to all purchased goods, instead of just domestic goods. It would take a really long time for such a monumental change to actually pay for itself though.

And with how weakened the labor movement is in the US these days, and how potent corporate influences in government, it's unlikely that you could ever actually see any version of this idea implemented without substantially harming the quality of living standards for most americans, by failing to increase pay proportionately.

OR you could just do away with this free trade nonsense, where in the interest of increased global commerce, we do away with our import tariffs which protect american jobs and revenue circulation, and other countries do away with their tariffs too (by keeping them and re-naming them VAT taxes). Which doesn't really increase global commerce except to increase our trade deficit, and make it easier to export jobs, both of which have a long term detrimental effect on the economy.

hmmmm, sorry, i forgot the funniness part. uhhhhh, a priest a rabbi and a politician walk into a bar...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:26:31 AM by Bad Kitty »
gnothi seauton / fortes fortuna adiuvat
I'm into both Real Life and Fantasy BE, and Sexual Exaggeration in general (among many other things).
I have somewhat exotic body modding plans for myself for RL ;)
I do the 'Bad Kitty' morphs, here and elsewhere.
(I'm not a huge "morph-request" person, I spend a loooong time on them, and I do them primarily for my own enjoyment. Its hard enough to find time to do all the morphs i want to do)

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2011, 06:35:09 AM »
Kit raises a fair point: is this always a "funny politics" thread as in "ha-ha funny," or might this also be a "these sure are peculiar Tea Party times funny" thread?

Seriously, I get to wondering if more and more conservatives are having surgery that removes their capacity for acknowledging irony ...

Druul "and by the way -- thank you, Kit ;) " Empire

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
Kit raises a fair point: is this always a "funny politics" thread as in "ha-ha funny," or might this also be a "these sure are peculiar Tea Party times funny" thread?

Seriously, I get to wondering if more and more conservatives are having surgery that removes their capacity for acknowledging irony ...

Druul "and by the way -- thank you, Kit ;) " Empire

We could consider this to be the off-topic thread in the Off Topic Forum...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:41:53 PM by pedonbio »
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

Bad Kitty

• A Cup
  • To BE or not to BE, that is a silly question.
« Reply #183 on: October 04, 2011, 04:50:11 PM »
Ironically, doing away with corporate income taxes is a decent idea... IF (huge "if") you could find some way to increase everyone's personal income by an equal margin, and raise personal taxes proportionately. IF you could manage that feat, then the sum total of taxes would be the same, and the sum spending power of individuals would be the same. The difference then would be that foreign products would be effectively 'taxed' in the income before it's spent on products, "somewhat" leveling the playing field for domestic companies to compete with foreign ones, at least in domestic markets. The trick would be getting everyone's personal income up to par to make it a transparent shift of taxation point. It wouldn't make a huge difference, but by taxing the commerce at the paycheck, the taxation effectively applies to all purchased goods, instead of just domestic goods. It would take a really long time for such a monumental change to actually pay for itself though.

And with how weakened the labor movement is in the US these days, and how potent corporate influences in government, it's unlikely that you could ever actually see any version of this idea implemented without substantially harming the quality of living standards for most americans, by failing to increase pay proportionately.

actually, letting my subconscious dwell on this topic for a bit, an answer came to me that makes a fair bit of sense. replacing corporate income taxes with a federal sales tax could be made to work decently enough ...perhaps

trying to adjust taxation to avoid penalizing american competitiveness in domestic and global markets is generally a 'good' goal, but unfortunately most right wing lovin' for rich/corporate is focused on the idea of screwing the little guy, not screwing the competition. I am reminded of a time in european history, where when armies went to war, the officers and commanders would meet & have tea, because they had more in common with each other than the their own troops. I fear classism of that magnitude still abounds, and the troops suffer for it.
gnothi seauton / fortes fortuna adiuvat
I'm into both Real Life and Fantasy BE, and Sexual Exaggeration in general (among many other things).
I have somewhat exotic body modding plans for myself for RL ;)
I do the 'Bad Kitty' morphs, here and elsewhere.
(I'm not a huge "morph-request" person, I spend a loooong time on them, and I do them primarily for my own enjoyment. Its hard enough to find time to do all the morphs i want to do)

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2011, 07:30:15 PM »
actually, letting my subconscious dwell on this topic for a bit, an answer came to me that makes a fair bit of sense. replacing corporate income taxes with a federal sales tax could be made to work decently enough ...perhaps

It has only worked in societies which deal honestly* with tax issues--Not the U.S. For example, Japan has a very low corporate tax and a national sales tax. BUT the sales tax is allocated by the national constitution to go only to various social security programs. In addition, in Japan the estate tax (which Republicans call "death tax") is in the high-90% rates after about $1 million.

-------
*--For example, not paying for wars with a credit card, or saying you want to reduce taxes when what you want to do is end social programs or public education.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2011, 12:01:59 AM »
I've often mused that someone should come up with a browser addon that, when you rest your cursor on the name of a Congressman in a news article, would popup a box that lists all the corporations who contributed to their campaign coffers...especially if the contributors had to do with the news in question. So for instance if the news article was about the BP oil spill and the dude who was talking about it had received $100,000 from BP, the popup would show that.

Until that happens, we have this:
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2011, 01:25:42 PM »
I can't recall if anyone has posted this, but it is a worthwhile lesson:

tommyboyddd

• A Cup
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2011, 07:41:56 PM »
This is why there are hungry muppets:

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2011, 06:35:34 PM »
 ::)

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »
Is it time to get nervous?
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

luvdemwhoppers

• T Cup
  • Don Pauleboy
« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2011, 07:11:21 PM »
da tru

sums it up nicely, no?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:18:08 PM by luvdemwhoppers »
I'm walkin' here

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2011, 08:30:08 AM »
Sweet.  Three quick reactions:

1. Obama WANTS the bills paid on time.
2. I suspect the "Harvard and Yale and Cornell" experts agree it should be brought down, but they're hostages to people who think running a superpower is like running a lemonade stand.
3. Perhaps most importantly: Bill Clinton was The Man. 8)

tommyboyddd

• A Cup
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2011, 09:52:45 AM »
Rick Santorum is mad as hell and he's not going to take it any more:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/rick-santorum-herman-cain-gay-marriage-6518077

He's had it up to here with those bullying sketch comedians!

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2011, 04:25:17 PM »
 :)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2011, 01:35:04 AM »
 :(