CarlTL

• ZZZ Cup
  • King of the Avatars
Re: Funny Politics
« Reply #1140 on: June 16, 2015, 08:05:44 PM »
Donald Trump announced that he is running for President of the United States.

Maybe this time he can produce the long form birth certificate for his hair...

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #1141 on: June 16, 2015, 11:36:43 PM »
 8)
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1142 on: June 18, 2015, 04:44:12 AM »
Now I hear that he cast actors to play his supporters during the New York announcement of his presidential campaign. Oy vey.

Then he used "Rockin' In The Free World" for his announcement music. Don't people read the lyrics of songs before they use them? This is similar to Reagan's use of Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA"...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 04:46:57 AM by TheZookie007 »
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #1143 on: June 18, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »
Now I hear that he cast actors to play his supporters during the New York announcement of his presidential campaign. Oy vey.

Then he used "Rockin' In The Free World" for his announcement music. Don't people read the lyrics of songs before they use them? This is similar to Reagan's use of Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA"...

I was disappointed. Not at Trump; he's an idiot. But at the actors. They showed up and cheered for $50. I would show up for $50, but cheering is extra.   ::)

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1144 on: June 18, 2015, 07:19:13 PM »
Fifty bucks wouldn't be enough to make me be in that room...SMH

But the comedians are gonna have a field day!

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: "White House Don"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 07:27:47 PM by TheZookie007 »

ROUNDandHEAVY

• Rookie of the Year
  • My name is Bob, Round is just my favorite shape. ;
« Reply #1145 on: June 20, 2015, 02:17:04 PM »
Stewart in fact literally jazzed his pants.
Call me Bob.

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #1146 on: June 21, 2015, 08:58:50 AM »
 :)
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #1147 on: June 22, 2015, 02:23:26 AM »
gOOber, there are times when I have to stop and gaze in awe at either your genius or your luck in finding memes.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

CarlTL

• ZZZ Cup
  • King of the Avatars
« Reply #1148 on: June 22, 2015, 08:07:26 AM »
Something Politics has too little of...

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1149 on: June 22, 2015, 07:21:04 PM »
Politicians To **107** is a new extension for the Chrome web browser that replaces the names of presidential candidates (US, 2016) with the “pile-of-**108**” emoji. Options allow you to “poopify” the names of Democrats, Republicans, or both.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/politicians-to-**107**/fghbpihcplaofldgkofhbbcgdfgikcnp

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1150 on: June 24, 2015, 07:05:33 PM »
Interestingly, I've seen almost nothing in the media (even the more "leftist" ones that I follow) calling for better gun regulations after the Charleston massacre. Guess that means the Gun Lobby won....
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1151 on: June 26, 2015, 01:09:57 AM »
Hey there, Daily News, don't be shy. Tell us what you really feel about this.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #1152 on: June 26, 2015, 03:00:26 PM »
 8)

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1153 on: June 26, 2015, 03:55:06 PM »
8)

For real though! But hasn't Canada allowed same-sex marriage for a while now? ;)

Here's a good one:

"Paraphrasing Janis Joplin, freedom's just another word... that Justice Antonin Scalia doesn't seem to understand.

In his convoluted, nine-page dissent against the Supreme Court's Obergefell v. Hodges ruling -- which officially makes gay marriage legal in every state -- Scalia went off the cultural-literacy rails, questioning the idea that intimacy and spirituality were freedoms and further suggesting that "Freedom of Intimacy is abridged rather than expanded by marriage. Ask the nearest hippie."

As luck would have it in The Huffington Post's New York headquarters, the nearest hippie happened to be the world's most famous hippie, David Crosby, who, like Joplin, performed at Woodstock. So ask him we did: what did he think of Justice Scalia's line of thinking?

"I think he's slagging gays and hippies," said Crosby, who had earlier appeared on Huff Post Live. "I don't think he understands either one. I think he's an old reactionary guy and I think he's failing to understand the basic thing: hippies and gay people are people. And we are citizens. And we live here. And we are his neighbors. He may not know that, but we are. And that's how he should see us. As citizens of the United States. Voters. People who should be equal. That was the idea of the country. Not 'maybe.' There's no 'if' about that, no gray area there. The idea was that people would be equal here -- all of us. Hippies and gay people included. Black people, white people, yellow people -- all people. People."

Crosby, who once recorded "Find the Cost of Freedom" with bandmates Stephen Stills, Graham Nash and Neil Young -- as well as other classic-rock songs laced with political commentary, including "Ohio" and "Almost Cut My Hair" -- lambasted Scalia as willfully looking past freedoms for all citizens.

"That's the basic thing that I think [Scalia] fails to see, and that I think the more reactionary elements in the court -- and in politics and in government -- fail to see," Crosby said. "That they avoid looking at -- consciously avoid it. I think they don't want to see us that way. And the truth is, the idea of the country was that that would be the way it was: we would be equal citizens."

He holds out little hope that things are headed in the right direction, either. "That's why the country was such a hopeful thing. But I don't think it's in good shape now. I think our government is bought and paid for, and not responsive to the citizens. At all. But I know what was started out with. I know what was intended, and I have not forgotten and I'm not going to roll over and put my paws up in the air and give up fighting for it. I think that's what we should be doing."

The Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young song most relevant to -- and perhaps supportive of -- Scalia's argument, "Love The One You're With," was written by Stephen Stills, not Crosby. Here it is anyway."

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #1154 on: June 26, 2015, 05:20:35 PM »
'Tis an idea that has been around even since before hippies...

www.youtube.com/v/1xfaaLzgRQI

And yes, Canada has had marriage equality for about ten years.

--------
P.s.--So has Mexico.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:23:46 AM by pedonbio »