• A Cup
Re: Funny Politics
« Reply #1906 on: April 02, 2018, 09:58:42 AM »
April Fools!

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1907 on: April 02, 2018, 06:54:40 PM »
As far as I can tell, this is an actual photo from this year's White House Easter Egg Roll. El Presidente used the opportunity to harangue the egg rollers in attendance about how great the military is.

The caption writes itself.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1908 on: April 02, 2018, 11:39:13 PM »
As far as I can tell, this is an actual photo from this year's White House Easter Egg Roll. El Presidente used the opportunity to harangue the egg rollers in attendance about how great the military is.

The caption writes itself.

Yes, he told a bunch of very young American citizens that they were at the "White House or building or whatever you want to call it". Then he bragged about how good the economy is. Then he bragged about how he was sending 700 million dollars to make the military "stronger than it's ever been before". Meanwhile the poor captive audience was just trying to get their Easter eggs.

This is not normal.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1909 on: April 05, 2018, 08:40:02 PM »
How Trade Wars Work, according to The Onion:

STEP 1: Nation develops worldview centered on own unquestionable supremacy.

STEP 2: Some country’s leader isn’t given enough love in his youth and grows up mean, selfish, and in a constant search for adoration to fill the emptiness within him.

STEP 3: Devastating long-term financial repercussions weighed against benefits of a short-term political win.

STEP 4: Trade war formally declared when one nation sinks another’s shipping container.

STEP 5: Stock market reacts poorly, then positively, then poorly again, then however the hell it feels like reacting.

STEP 6: Nation’s consumers grapple with idea of buying products made by their incompetent fellow citizens.

STEP 7: Organized criminals begin illegally bootlegging soybeans into China.

STEP 8: Truce declared after one nation makes peace offering of one free bar of steel.

STEP 9: Trade war eventually settles down, and any resulting profits are absorbed into salaries of high-level executives.

STEP 10: You pay more for shittier things.
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1910 on: April 05, 2018, 10:53:02 PM »
Sounds about right.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1911 on: April 05, 2018, 11:23:12 PM »
Sean Hannity has no friends. You know how I know? If he had any friends, they would have warned him not to come for Jimmy Kimmel.

"Jimmy Kimmel Responds to Sean Hannity’s Vicious Attacks"

« Reply #1912 on: April 06, 2018, 08:21:06 AM »

How Trade Wars Work, according to The Onion:

STEP 1: Nation develops worldview centered on own unquestionable supremacy.

STEP 2: Some country’s leader isn’t given enough love in his youth and grows up mean, selfish, and in a constant search for adoration to fill the emptiness within him.

STEP 3: Devastating long-term financial repercussions weighed against benefits of a short-term political win.

STEP 4: Trade war formally declared when one nation sinks another’s shipping container.

STEP 5: Stock market reacts poorly, then positively, then poorly again, then however the hell it feels like reacting.

STEP 6: Nation’s consumers grapple with idea of buying products made by their incompetent fellow citizens.

STEP 7: Organized criminals begin illegally bootlegging soybeans into China.

STEP 8: Truce declared after one nation makes peace offering of one free bar of steel.

STEP 9: Trade war eventually settles down, and any resulting profits are absorbed into salaries of high-level executives.

STEP 10: You pay more for shittier things.

Btw. thanks to Trumpelstilsken and his incompetent goons the soybean prices and several other products prices are already falling in Europe. Same is very likely expected for steel soon. China can't export it to the US anymore, so they try to export more to Germany and Europe in general.

And since Germany takes steel and creates products of much higher value out of it, we can export cheaper and thus generate more profit. I'd asume for the US it is exactly the other way around. So sad!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:53:10 PM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

Pendejo

• A Cup
« Reply #1913 on: April 06, 2018, 12:39:01 PM »
 >:( :-[ ??? :'(

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1914 on: April 09, 2018, 09:47:44 PM »
That awkward moment when Fox "News" Channel tells the truth:

"Fox News ‘accidentally’ broadcast graphic showing they’re the least trusted news network"

Fox News have accidentally broadcast a graphic showing that they are the least trusted major news network.

The broadcaster displayed the Monmouth University poll results during its Tight Shot show Sunday, with less than a third of Americans trusting it more than [the current occupant of the White House].

By comparison, almost half of Americans trusted CNN – the president’s most hated news source – more than him.

And 45 per cent of people questioned said they trusted CNBC more than the Commander-in-Chief.

The blunder appeared to spark minor panic in the studio, with presenter Howard Kurtz saying: ‘That is not the graphic we are looking for...Hold off. Take that down please.’

He had been expecting to see statistics showing that over three quarters of the public thought that the media reports ‘fake news’ ‘regularly or occasionally.’...However Kurtz later claimed it had always been his plan to share the graphic with viewers, and that it had only been broadcast too early.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #1915 on: April 13, 2018, 10:32:36 PM »
The similarities with Custer are interesting.....
rtpoe

TheZookie007

• L Cup

« Reply #1917 on: April 15, 2018, 03:20:18 AM »
Robert deNiro as Bob Mueller and Ben Stiller as "lawyer" Michael Cohen in tonight's SNL cold open

SNL doesn't allow this to be viewed in Germany.

But I think I could imagine the movie "Analyze This" would fit, too.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1918 on: April 15, 2018, 09:43:23 AM »
Robert deNiro as Bob Mueller and Ben Stiller as "lawyer" Michael Cohen in tonight's SNL cold open

SNL doesn't allow this to be viewed in Germany.

But I think I could imagine the movie "Analyze This" would fit, too.

I see what you did there :)

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #1919 on: April 27, 2018, 10:59:04 PM »
"A Reddit user has turned Donald Trump Jr.’s emails into a folk song — yes, those emails. The ones in which Trump Jr. told Rob Goldstone during his father’s presidential campaign that he would "love it especially late in the summer" if Goldstone could indeed help him get intel on Hillary Clinton, courtesy of the Russian government.

The song, “I Love It (Especially Late in the Summer),” published last Wednesday by redditor spiritgiants, is a surprisingly catchy folk piece written for Song a Week, a subreddit community where the users write and record a song every week, usually but not necessarily related to a particular theme. Last week’s theme was satire.

The song draws on two emails sent by Trump Jr. The first, from June 3, contains the infamous “I love it” line referenced by the song’s title:

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

The other, from June 7, is where Trump Jr. outlines who from the Trump campaign will attend the meeting:

Great. It will likely be Paul Manafort (campaign boss) my brother in law and me, 725 Fifth Ave 25th floor.

In spiritgiants’ hands, these flip lines — which could potentially be used as evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia — become a soulful and mellow meditation on meeting up with a friend in the summer."