• A Cup
  • 269
how to wrap/contour text around a shape?
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »
I have a question for the artists.

I often wish that, in a photo of a busty woman in a tight t shirt, that the text of her top was in someway boob-related. Is there a way to wrap or contour text around a shape in any graphics or photomanipulation tool out there? For example, to change the text or graphic on a tight top? If not a tool for doing so, is anone familiar with a tutorial to achieve that result? And would the GIMP be capable of this?

Thanks in advance. I defer to your collective artistic expertise.



  • C Cup
  • 718
Re: how to wrap/contour text around a shape?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 07:18:39 PM »
I am not an expert in that field, but here is three way that I know.

Technique 1
  • Create a layer in Photoshop with your text.
  • Apply one of the distort filters (Pinch and Spherize are the best) to make your text looks 3D.
  • Adjust the settings until you get the correct shape, and move the layer over the original image.

Technique 2
  • Create a layer in Photoshop with your text.
  • Use the Liquidify tool (Shift+Ctrl+X).
  • Modify your text until you get the desired result.  The Bloat tool and Pucker tool will be very useful.
  • Move this layer over your original image.

Technique 3
  • I have never used this technique, but with Photoshop CS4 and greater I think, you have now the 3D menu that allows you to map a texture (your text) unto a 3D shape.  Never played with it myself, but should do what you want.

Hope that it will help.