TheZookie007

• L Cup
SOPA aka Internet Censorship: Who's For It, Who's Against It...
« on: November 18, 2011, 09:35:04 PM »
...and why we ALL have to make sure that it never succeeds. You thought the diminution of newsgroups was bad (no thank you to the current Governor of New York for his role in that)? You should get a load of what the Stop Online Piracy Act would do:
The Stop Online Piracy Act would ruin so much of what's best about the Internet: It will give the government and corporations new powers to block Americans' access to sites that are accused of copyright infringement, force sites like YouTube to go to new lengths to police users' contributions, and put people in prison for streaming certain content online.

For:  
Gizmodo: "Apple, Microsoft, and the 27 Other Tech Giants Who Support the Awful Internet Censorship Bill"

Against:
Demand Progress: "We Are Winning: Pelosi Comes Out Against Internet Censorship Bill"

Please consider signing the Demand Progress petition. Oh, and keep an eye on the PROTECT IP Act too; an equally nausea inducing attempt to clamp down on the Internet.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:38:29 PM by TheZookie007 »
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: SOPA aka Internet Censorship: Who's For It, Who's Against It...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 12:25:35 AM »
If you purchased any domains via GoDaddy, now would be a good time to transfer them away. GoDaddy is the only Internet domain name registrar on the list of supporters for this pernicious bit of legislative overreach. As if you needed another reason to hate fucking GoDaddy. >:( >:( >:(

Here is step-by-step guide to transferring your domains away from them, and you will be in good company: Ben Huh of the I Can Haz Cheezburger empire is moving 1,000 domains away from them. And if you want to save a few bucks, you can use the coupons here and  here and here.

Fuck Bob Parsons.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:38:09 AM by TheZookie007 »

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 05:29:20 PM »
namecheap: "GoDaddy and Transfer Issues"

We wanted to give our customers a quick update on the status of domain transfers associated with one of our competitors, GoDaddy.

First, we’re very sorry that some of you in the past 24 hours have experienced delays in transferring domains over to us.

As many customers have recently complained of transfer issues, we suspect that this competitor is thwarting efforts to transfer domains away from them.

Specifically, GoDaddy appears to be returning incomplete WHOIS information to Namecheap, delaying the transfer process. This practice is against ICANN rules.

We at Namecheap believe that this action speaks volumes about the impact that informed customers are having on GoDaddy’s business.

It’s a shame that GoDaddy feels they have to block their (former) customers from voting with their dollars. We can only guess that at GoDaddy, desperate times call for desperate measures....

Night Lord

• A Cup
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 11:06:42 PM »
I don't think that this falls into the category of censorship at all. Censorship is limiting someone's right to free speech. What this bill does is stop people from illegally misappropriating the intellectual property of a third party. I am totally against censorship in nearly every venue, especially on the internet. I'm not particularly fond of this proposal either, but let's not mislead people. No one is saying 'you can't comment about subject X,' which is censorship. What they are saying is 'You can't have total free reign over someone else's words (music, video, photos, etc) because they are not yours. Create your own, use the property of others within the scope of the law or stay silent.' This is by its very definition NOT CENSORSHIP.

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.

sidewalkpsycho

• E Cup
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 10:26:51 AM »
And this, my friends, is how free a country you really live in.
When you're good, no one remembers.
When you're bad, no one forgets.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »
So, Pal, tell us how you REALLY feel.

Night Lord, there are a whole bunch of problems with SOPA. Have you ever posted a picture here? That becomes a crime. Have you ever morphed a picture? That would probably be a crime. Have you ever posted a link? Dude, under SOPA you would be a multiple offender!
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »
Under SOPA a site like this would be completely illegal.

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 09:51:50 PM »

Right-click on image and open in new tab/window for full size.

Original: http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/1633.html

TheZookie007

• L Cup

MasterDragonfly

• Oh My God Cup
  • sponsor of collared_cherri's 1000cc implants
    • Larger Implants Info

Bad Kitty

• A Cup
  • To BE or not to BE, that is a silly question.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 07:06:10 AM »
Boycott on GoDaddy.com causes the loss of 37,000 clients in 48 hours. GoDaddy immediately reverses it's prior support for SOPA. Sony, EA, Nintendo also reverse their support for SOPA after observing the potential for substantial boycott leverage.
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/sopa_godaddy_and_the_bottom-up_democracy_or_mob_ru.php

AOL, eBay, Etsy, **24**, foursquare, Google, IAC, LinkedIn, Mozilla, Open DNS, PayPal, Twitter, Wikipedia Foundation, Yahoo!, and Zynga Game Network are considering a 24 hour blackout of their web content to protest the SOPA act, and raise public awareness of the proposed bill. (yeah, that's like half of the internet)
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/sopa-opponents-unite-and-consider-online-blackout.html/

*Congress reconvenes on Jan 24th, the SOPA bill could go to vote as early as then.
gnothi seauton / fortes fortuna adiuvat
I'm into both Real Life and Fantasy BE, and Sexual Exaggeration in general (among many other things).
I have somewhat exotic body modding plans for myself for RL ;)
I do the 'Bad Kitty' morphs, here and elsewhere.
(I'm not a huge "morph-request" person, I spend a loooong time on them, and I do them primarily for my own enjoyment. Its hard enough to find time to do all the morphs i want to do)

rtpoe

• Old Fart
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »
Boycott on GoDaddy.com causes the loss of 37,000 clients in 48 hours. GoDaddy immediately reverses it's prior support for SOPA.

GoDaddy didn't reverse its support. They helped write the damn thing. Unless and until they actively oppose SOPA, I will continue to encourage boycotting them.

Bad Kitty

• A Cup
  • To BE or not to BE, that is a silly question.
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 06:35:46 AM »
*nod*
they did say something to the effect that sopa has failed to garner widespread industry support, so maybe it's not so good.
it's kinda just lip service anyway. they saw business drying up, and they said whatever would slow that loss of profit.

I agree with continuing to boycott them.
gnothi seauton / fortes fortuna adiuvat
I'm into both Real Life and Fantasy BE, and Sexual Exaggeration in general (among many other things).
I have somewhat exotic body modding plans for myself for RL ;)
I do the 'Bad Kitty' morphs, here and elsewhere.
(I'm not a huge "morph-request" person, I spend a loooong time on them, and I do them primarily for my own enjoyment. Its hard enough to find time to do all the morphs i want to do)