SwitcherX

• Legend
"We better not" T.G.I. Fridays commercial
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:30:19 PM »
I caught a fleeting glimpse of a commercial for T.G.I. Friday's that seemed to show 2 guys walking into a bar where a stacked amazon is mud wrestling.

Did I actually see this or did I hallucinate it?
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

titmouse

• F Cup
Re: "We better not" T.G.I. Fridays commercial
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:27 PM »
seen it.

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:42:54 AM »
I don't think I've seen that, but I have been admiring that saucy redhead on the Wendy's commercials lately as portrayed by Morgan Smith (pic attached). I'll move this thread to VCRA btw. :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:12:18 PM by gonZo »

SwitcherX

• Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
A mod got modded by another mod!   :D

Pal replies: I'm human and make mistakes too of course, but looking at the post, I don't think he changed anything IIRC. Could be a mis-click... happens to me at least once or twice a month.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:54:26 PM by Palomine »
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
Actually, I fixed a little typo or freudian slip.  ;D

Pal says: ah, now I see... apparently I typed 'threat' instead of 'thread' ...my faux pas! :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:27:40 PM by Palomine »

mcgarp

• F Cup
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 03:01:49 AM »
I've seen the commercial and thought the same thing.... was that real? Looked good for the half second I saw it!

BadXample

• C Cup
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 10:05:39 AM »
if you blink, youd miss it. She has time to take a deep breath and realy pump those puppie out there before the scene ends. It is eye catching and not seen in the 20 second commercial.

A little looking came up with Lindsay Hayward, 6' 9'' wrestler

Its in her IMDB tweets page

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4054519/twitter
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:42:36 AM by BadXample »

SamV

• My bra size? A 34H - H is for 'HUGE, you know!'
  • SaRenna Lee - the "Joan Holloway" prototype!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 10:27:27 AM »
I don't think I've seen that, but I have been admiring that saucy redhead on the Wendy's commercials lately as portrayed by Morgan Smith (pic attached). I'll move this thread to VCRA btw. :)
Not to diss the memory of Dave Thomas and his turn as Wendy's folksy front-man, or even his daughter, but Ms. Smith is IMO a huge improvement as a spokesperson. :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:31:06 AM by SamV »
** SaRenna's very own Beta Baby **
The only thing in life you have to earn is love; everything else you can steal.
{ Recently Returned from Internet Limbo! }

Nimrod

• KC Strip Artist
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 07:43:33 AM »
Wendy's has probably been my favorite fast-food place over the years. Sometimes due to simple proximity to where I lived in college or other mundane reasons. However the recent series of commercials with Morgan Smith as the spokesperson for the chain has made me think about the history of the chain and the Wendy image again.

The Wendy that we are taking about is a real person, Dave's daughter. She had done some commercials recently and had reluctantly appeared in some much earlier spots years ago. Just like KFC, who uses Mr. Sanders, the fact that these are/were real people I feel should be respected a bit.

When I see Ms. Smith obviously channeling the company logo in her "too red to be real" hair a bit of me wants to proclaim that YOU ARE DEPICTING A REAL PERSON. Just like when KFC ran a cartoon animation of the Colonel.

Where's the beef? I'll tell you where my beef is! My beef is with the commercialization of real people.
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 03:05:20 AM »
if you blink, youd miss it. She has time to take a deep breath and realy pump those puppie out there before the scene ends. It is eye catching and not seen in the 20 second commercial.

A little looking came up with Lindsay Hayward, 6' 9'' wrestler

So you mean that Lindsay "Isis" Hayward was the chick in the TGIFriday's commercial? Sweet!

By the way, I was able to capture the scene, when I convert it I will post.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.