DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
Phantom Images
« on: May 28, 2013, 09:27:49 AM »
This happens enough that it probably deserves its own thread.  Out on the blue menu page I see a small glimpse of what looks like an enhanced Tiffany Towers out on a beach -- but I click it, and I can only see the web90 work which had already been left there earlier.  Or should I address this to Site Issues?

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
Re: Phantom Images
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
This happens enough that it probably deserves its own thread.  Out on the blue menu page I see a small glimpse of what looks like an enhanced Tiffany Towers out on a beach -- but I click it, and I can only see the web90 work which had already been left there earlier.  Or should I address this to Site Issues?

Druul, can you please provide a specific URL for that? Every menu page on the site is blue.
_
g

DruulEmpire

• Freakin' Huge!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:57:30 PM »
gonZ, there's only one menu page -- the one you get to see right after you sign in -- that gives a peek at the latest top image in the User Gallery, that being the "master" menu page for pretty much everything here.  In any event, it's been fixed -- but I suspect this may happen again someday.

V to Prof M below: Well, at least it's a relief to know I'm not crazy (at least not any more than standard), and I'm glad someone or other got around to making Tiffany count.

I hate to split hairs, but there are separate menu pages for members and visitors, and you didn't specify which.
_
g

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 08:32:49 AM by gonZo »

Prof Morearty

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 03:34:31 AM »
I'm responsible for policing the Gallery, though I've never posted in the public part of the Forum before.  I deleted cm44fg39pg40's post of Tiffany Towers on the beach - 3 times now - because it was not enhanced - at least not enough to qualify.  The last time he made another, different, post, so I was able to leave him a message on it:

Your post of Tiffany Towers on the beach is not permissible: it is a SCORE Group image, not sufficiently enhanced to pass. Do not post it again. From the rules: "Morphs must differ substantially from their source photos; minor retouching of photos is not enough." I'm pretty sure the above post is the work of another artist, but in this case you have altered it significantly for humorous effect.

Btw, the reason for the "phantom image" is that there is a window of several minutes after a gallery post is deleted before the front page reflects this by deleting the thumbnail link.  You apparently hit this window.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:39:40 AM by Prof Morearty »