Beam

• A Cup
Re: Wife wants breast reduction
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2015, 12:05:05 AM »
That is a bit of an extreme response.  I love her with all of my heart.  I know it's a selfish thing...it is difficult...I want her to be happy but at the same time I will be losing part of her that I also love.

bugla

• A Cup
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 10:21:05 AM »
Hey Beam... Sorry...just might do you some good, to tell her how much "the whole package" means to you!  ::)

Beam

• A Cup
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2015, 10:49:24 AM »
Oh she knows, trust me.  I have made it very clear that I don't want her to do it.  But in the end, it's her body, her choice. 

bugla

• A Cup
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »
Hey Beam... I wish you both "all my Best"... and everything turns out just as she want it to!  And you are happy too... ;D

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2015, 11:16:17 AM »
Since she is all for it, and since in the end "her body, her life", we have no choice but to acquiesce.

Here's hoping that the surgery goes well, that you both learn to cope with the diminution of her bosom...and that by the time when they grow back even bigger than before, she comes to accept and enjoy them :)
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »
I try to stay out of discussions unless I can contribute something, but since no one has mentioned it, I will.

When I was practicing law I did a fair amount of divorce work. It made me a big fan of mental health counseling. Whether a woman get an augmentation or a reduction, my advice is the same: First, go see a counselor for at least several sessions. The surgery will change her, and that will change the relationship. Many plastic surgeons make the same recommendation, because there are some questions that must be answered by the woman to herself: What is she really looking for? Can the surgery provide it? And a lot more.

Among the divorces that I've done was a very petite, flat-chested woman whose husband wanted her to get an augmentation; she went from a 30B to a 30G. Hubby was really happy until he noticed that every guy they met was way more interested in her than in him. Likewise, she suddenly wasn't a wallflower any more, and a lot of guys who were a lot more interesting than her husband were wanting to spend time with her, and they did.

I've seen the opposite happen, as well. I had a client who worked as a stripper. She had a great set of natural F-cups. If I were to see her again, I would tell her about Lindsey Dawn McKensie, because after she had the reduction to a C-cup, she couldn't get a job.

I'm sure your wife is different, but this really is an important decision.

Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »
When I was practicing law I did a fair amount of divorce work. It made me a big fan of mental health counseling. Whether a woman get an augmentation or a reduction, my advice is the same: First, go see a counselor for at least several sessions. The surgery will change her, and that will change the relationship.

This is so very true...and I feel that we are already seeing the beginnings of such a change in the relationship happening before our eyes. Intellectually we know "her body, her life" but the horndog in us may become so frustrated ("how dare she take away my playthings!") that the frustration may engender other, intense, negative feelings.

ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Beam

• A Cup
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »
So here is an update and it's not a good one.  She has an appointment with the plastic surgeon at the end of the month.  There is nothing I can do about it.  I am depressed about it.  It's all I can think about.  There is nothing I can say or do that will change her mind.  So I get to spend the rest of my life with someone that I find physically perfect now, no longer perfect soon enough.  It makes me sick to my stomach.  I know it's selfish and I should be happy that she will be happy, but I'm anything but.

It's funny, if something shitty would happen, I could always think "at least my wife has big tits" and that would make me feel better.  Guess I'll need to find something else soon.

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2015, 04:52:04 PM »
So here is an update and it's not a good one.  She has an appointment with the plastic surgeon at the end of the month.  There is nothing I can do about it.  I am depressed about it.  It's all I can think about.  There is nothing I can say or do that will change her mind.  So I get to spend the rest of my life with someone that I find physically perfect now, no longer perfect soon enough.  It makes me sick to my stomach.  I know it's selfish and I should be happy that she will be happy, but I'm anything but.

It's funny, if something shitty would happen, I could always think "at least my wife has big tits" and that would make me feel better.  Guess I'll need to find something else soon.

I empathize with you Beam... I really do. It's not that a woman's breasts are necessarily ever the main thing, or even the best thing about her... breasts alone, no matter how magnificent they might be, aren't sufficient to sustain a long-term relationship. However, they are such a good thing: a source of joy and comfort and happiness and excitement... qualities that are even more important in a long-term relationship than they are in a new one. And to see them be willfully diminished... that's gotta be hard. And sad.

Of course, my opinion in this matter is less than moot. Nonetheless, I gotta say that from what I've seen, I find it hard to believe that she has a valid physical reason for wanting to get a breast reduction: she's really just not that big. I mean, her bosom looks great on her... but she's not so petite that it seems even remotely disproportionate. I'd have assumed that it must cause her significant discomfort or inconvenience for her to really rationalize reduction surgery... and to be honest, I'd have half-expected her photos to show a figure something more like Nelli Roono or something like that to justify such a drastic move.

I'm really sorry.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:59:56 PM by Palomine »

Beam

• A Cup
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2015, 12:22:54 PM »
We have had a few discussions about this surgery lately.  She knows that I do not want her to go through with it.  Unfortunately, all of my reasons are purely selfish ones, so that isn't getting me too far. 

I was straight out honest when she asked me why I didn't want her to get it done - "because I am worried that I won't find you as attractive".  While it was a harsh answer, it was the truth.  She didn't like it.  I am a big boob man, I have been since I can remember, even before puberty.  I have always been attracted to women with a large chest.  Now I am being told that it is being taken away from me, it's hard to deal with.

But at the end of the day, I don't want her to be mad at me forever (we barely talked for days after our first fight about it) I married her and I am going to try my best to be more supportive.  Nothing is set in stone yet, we are going for a consultation in a few weeks to see what the DR has to say.  For all I know he may suggest losing some weight first and see where she is.  (She was a 36DDD when we met, pre-childbirth and about 175 lbs) currently she is a 38F.

Nimrod

• KC Strip Artist
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2015, 09:19:51 AM »
Even though it may be well after the fact I will chime in on this one seeing as Beam simultaneously posted an inquiry here as well.
http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php/topic,9986435.msg10309224.html#msg10309224
We have had a few discussions about this surgery lately.  She knows that I do not want her to go through with it.  Unfortunately, all of my reasons are purely selfish ones, so that isn't getting me too far.  

I was straight out honest when she asked me why I didn't want her to get it done - "because I am worried that I won't find you as attractive".  While it was a harsh answer, it was the truth.  She didn't like it.  I am a big boob man, I have been since I can remember, even before puberty.  I have always been attracted to women with a large chest.  Now I am being told that it is being taken away from me, it's hard to deal with.

But at the end of the day, I don't want her to be mad at me forever (we barely talked for days after our first fight about it) I married her and I am going to try my best to be more supportive.  Nothing is set in stone yet, we are going for a consultation in a few weeks to see what the DR has to say.  For all I know he may suggest losing some weight first and see where she is.  (She was a 36DDD when we met, pre-childbirth and about 175 lbs) currently she is a 38F.
Interestingly those are close to the same stats of my wonderful wife when we first met, she was a cup smaller and 10lbs less. However the change in size you mention 36DDD (36F) to 38F appears to be a single "cup" increase. I am curious if such a small physical change in size could have such a major impact that is motivates the decision for surgery.

My wife and I have talked about how she has had several doctors "suggest" a reduction over the years. She has never had physical problems from her chest. Finding clothing and dealing with sociological issues is another matter however. Getting the right bra, staying fit, maintaining a positive attitude and having supportive people around you all help. Hence, no reductions here.

So, if you have had all of the above then it does sound like it is either "eager" doctors or personal issues that are bringing pressures to reduce.

I will not even talk about the decision itself, the cliche responses can be found throughout the BEA. I will touch on the comment about her "being mad at [you] forever". If she can get mad for you being honest about your resistance to the elective permanent appearance changing surgery she is contemplating then one needs to pause and dig into why she would react that way. You have a difference of opinion to the act not the ability to have it done. Yes, she can do it, you just would rather she not - that simple.

Kithara and I hope you two work out the best outcome for you both. Keep us posted.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:45:05 PM by Nimrod »
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise

greebo

• A Cup
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2015, 01:34:53 PM »
All I can say is that she shouldn't do it.My wife had br before I met her.She wasn't all that big from looking at old photos and I honestly don't why she did it.Two things make me think why.One she is very fashion conscious.Two ,if she was in a bikini there was the  occasional 'Jeez look at the tits on her 'which she hated.Now she has scarred and mishapen breast.She had the br over 20 years ago and i know medical procedures have improved but there is always the chance something may go wrong.My wife said in fit of anger when i was looking at a busty girl in a magazine 'I wish I hadn't of done it'.An ex of mine that had enormous breasts that hung below her waist with one noticeably bigger than the other had a br which I can understand.