gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
Instructions for adding or changing your avatar
« on: April 08, 2014, 03:24:11 AM »
ADDING AN AVATAR FOR THE FIRST TIME
It's pretty easy:

1: Log in.
2: Click "Profile" in the link bar at the top of any page to display your Profile page.
3: In the sidebar, click "Forum Profile Information".
4: Upload you new avatar:
      a: Highlight the "I Will Upload My Own Picture" radio button.
      b: Click the "Choose File" button. A file browser window is displayed.
      c: Browse to the desired image on your hard drive, select it, and click the "Choose" button.
      d: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Change Profile" button.

CHANGING YOUR AVATAR
Sometimes the presence of your old avatar may prevent you from replacing it with a new image.
To avoid this problem, follow these instructions:

1: Log in.
2: Click "Profile" in the link bar at the top of any page to display your Profile page.
3: In the sidebar, click "Forum Profile Information".
4: Remove your old avatar:
      a: Highlight the "Personalized Picture" radio button.
      b: Choose "(no pic)" in the list.
      c: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Change Profile" button.
5: Upload you new avatar:
      a: Highlight the "I Will Upload My Own Picture" radio button.
      b: Click the "Choose File" button. A file browser window is displayed.
      c: Browse to the desired image on your hard drive, select it, and click the "Choose" button.
      d: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Change Profile" button.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:27:38 AM by gonZo »

TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: Instructions for adding or changing your avatar
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 08:53:31 AM »
I am curious. Today I wanted to add a message to my signature. My long-standing signature had HTML tags instead of BBcode tags. The additional message had only BBcode. When I saved my profile, I noticed that my long-standing avatar of Jade Feng was replaced with the new "default" avatar image. I panicked a bit, tried to retrieve my old avatar from Google cache, etc. Then I remembered that I had saved the file somewhere on my hard disk.

I just re-uploaded my avatar to my profile, posted in a few places, and all was back to normal. Almost. I notice that now my avatar is in an oval, whereas before it was in a circle. I also have noticed that other avatars are in a circle the same size as mine was before my profile update, and that the "default" avatar is in an even bigger circle. (See attached image.)

It's not a huge thing, but I'm just curious how come things are like this now.
On 17 December 2018, tumblr is shutting down all adult content. Go here to learn how to download your stuff now.