Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
WHAT OPERATING SYSTEM are you using?
« on: June 26, 2015, 09:42:37 AM »
We last had a survey like this quite a few years ago, and IIRC, the only choices were Windows or Mac and we wound up with something like a 75%/25% Win/Mac split at that time.

So, it's time to do it again I think, and to include contemporary choices... I know we've got more than a few users who use phone and/or tablet operating systems as their primary choice, at least if their activity here at the BEA Forum is any indication. ;)

Like some of you, I use more than one OS, but for the purposes of this poll, we're only asking which one you use most... the one that is your primary or favorite OS. :)

I screen-capped the results after my initial vote, just because it's the only time Linux will get to enjoy being in the lead. :P ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:14:33 AM by Palomine »

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
Re: WHAT OPERATING SYSTEM are you using?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 01:14:12 PM »
I wanted to vote for 3, but use Windows the most. So, it is Windows.

Android on my my phone and tablet, W8.1 on other tablet - and I boot Ubuntu off a USB drive to access my bank. I still don't trust Windows, so use Linux.  I used to use Lightweight Portable Security (LPS), but now just use Ubuntu.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

NotElvis

• F Cup
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 03:26:11 PM »
I would have to select two versions of Windows (used to be three)
- Windows 7 (both myself and my son)
- Windows 98SE Lite (for some really retro gaming)

I generally don't often like doing things on small screens and without full keyboards (I even find laptop keyboards and screens awkward), hence my two android devices (phone, and Nook) don't really count.

I plan to put Linux on a machine I've got lying around, but that'll be me re-entering the Linux world after about a decade and a half of neglect.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 08:48:08 PM »
No multiple-choice? :(
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Palomine

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »
No multiple-choice? :(

No, not this time around. Per my post, even though many of us use more than one OS, the idea is to "vote for" the one you use most/often. Letting people click two or more different OSes in the poll (even when they might only use one of them just 10% of the time, as I do with Windows) would make the results skewed.

If you're mainly/mostly Windows, vote Windows, even if you supplement it with an Android phone or whatever.

I also didn't think it would help matters to break the choices down into subgroups for every possible version of Windows or MacOS, etc... All this poll is trying to figure is the relative proportions of OSes used here in general. :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:02:41 PM by Palomine »

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 10:58:42 PM »
It's almost 50/50%, but I lean toward linux as my preferable choice, if all of my program would run on linux!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

Palomine

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »
Still too small a sample to draw any firm conclusions, but with that caveat, it's curious to see MacOS and Linux evenly split atm. I suspect over time, MacOS will pull ahead somewhat.

NotElvis

• F Cup
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 11:47:37 AM »
ROFL!!

I will admit that my favorite was the Mac vs PC commercial where Mac said "Haven't we heard this before?" and they go backward in time...  PCs wardrobe changes were awesome, and, it's probably because I'm too stuck in the 80s, but the quasi-Don-Johnson wardrobe with the flip-up shades was awesome!