AgentDee

• Boob, James Boob
  • I LOVE GIANT TITS!
    • AgentDee's Youtube Page
Banned from the forum, but only on my Android phone
« on: July 12, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »
for some reason I cannot access the forum or the BEA website on my phone.  I get the message: Sorry AgentDee, you are banned from using this forum!

I tried logging in with my other account the one I use in Chat and it says the same thing but it goes towards my Agent_Dee account.  I use a browser called Dolphin on my phone and I get the same error when I use Chrome (came with the phone, cannot be removed) and the built in default browser as well.  I also have an Android based tablet but I have no issues on that, both the tablet and my phone are running the same version of Jelly Bean (4.1.2).  I started getting this problem last Saturday before I left LA to head back to NY.  Any input would be most helpful.

Agent "kinda annoyed" Dee
:-\
Want a custom avatar?

"Well gosh, breast men are the best men, you know, *giggles* I love you all."
"You know your boobs are too big when a guy stands up to let u thru to your seat and despite him leaning back I boobed him back in his seat."
Chelsea Charms

Special Agent: Dee
MiB; Division 6, NYC

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: Banned from the forum, but only on my Android phone
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 01:13:12 AM »
Are you using wifi or cellphone data plan when you connect with the phone? If you TELL your phone to use your home wifi network (the one that works fine with the forum from your PC and tablet) and NOT the cell/data connection, do you still get the same error message? If not, one would guess that the phone is connecting with a different IP than you normally use, and that might happen to be the same as or close to that of a banned user.  

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 06:41:33 AM »
...and if the phone is still getting "banned" messages when you know you're connecting via your home wifi network, you need to dump the phone's browser's cookies/cache/history, if that's possible in your browser and/or OS. (When you get banned here, your browser receives a special cookie that may interfere with your logins even when you're coming to us from a non-banned IP address.)

Pal adds: yes, I should have mentioned the rote 'clear your cookies/etc...' thing... I just forget to since I assume it's the first thing everyone tries before posting about a connection problem. Because of the poison cookie, you could be getting the 'you are banned' message from that device even though you're now attempting to log in from a non-banned origin... all you would have had to have done is connect at some point before from a banned origin (say, when you tried to log in via the cell network last Saturday in LA and were assigned a bad IP). After that, I think the 'banned' message will continue to come up til you clear the detritus and re-log-in from a clean addy (such as your home net connection). I'm not a techy guy, but I assume cell/net connections are always dynamic (unlike some kinds of home/net connections, which are static) so there's no guarantee this won't happen again in the future.

Please bear in mind that gonZo and I are just offering what feedback about this that we can... we're not tech support. As you know, tech support for free forum accounts is limited since forum users aren't charged for access here. So, while you're free to contact Customer Care if our suggestions don't help, do so understanding that they're primarily responsible for paysite matters, and not insuring that free users can connect to the free parts of the site with this smart-phone or that browser, etc... Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:47:52 AM by Palomine »

AgentDee

• Boob, James Boob
  • I LOVE GIANT TITS!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 03:49:07 PM »
it took me a bit of looking for them but I managed to reset the cookies and clear cache on all 3 browsers that are on my phone and even restarted it for good measure and I am pleased to say that I am no longer banned on the forum (YAY!) so thanks again guys I REALLY appriciate it.  and FYI the problem started when I was on my brother's wifi but I still had the banned error even when off of it and back on my wifi so again, thanks!

AD
8)
Want a custom avatar?

"You know your boobs are too big when a guy stands up to let u thru to your seat and despite him leaning back I boobed him back in his seat."
Chelsea Charms

MiB; Division 6, NYC

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 12:37:37 AM »
Perhaps the IP of your brother's net connection at the time you used it was in the verboten list... and that must have left the poison cookie on your phone. No idea whether you're brother's ISP assigns addys dynamically (ATT DSL) or static (ATT Uverse, both in LA) but usually when a user in good standing find themselves locked out for no apparent reason, it's something like this... so remembering to clear the cookies/cache/etc... is always a good first step.

Glad it's worked out. :)

AgentDee

• Boob, James Boob
  • I LOVE GIANT TITS!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 12:46:19 AM »
I will keep this in mind it happened in the past when I was at a Wendys and it sorta fixed itself after a day or so and I am pretty sure I did nothing other than try rebooting the phone.  Now I know if this ever happens again or happens on my tablet to do the reset cookies/cache thing again thanks guys.

AD
8)
Want a custom avatar?

Chelsea Charms

MiB; Division 6, NYC

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 04:43:23 AM »

I tried logging in with my other account the one I use in Chat
:-\

Sorry for the question but why would someone do this? I would prefer to know who I speak to if it is the same person in chat and forum.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

gonZo

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 07:06:55 AM »
Sorry for the question but why would someone do this? I would prefer to know who I speak to if it is the same person in chat and forum.

For unknown reasons, the chat software won't allow AgentDee's normal user account to enter the chat, so he uses a second user account named Agent_Dee in chat.

There's no rule preventing users from registering and using multiple accounts. That's their prerogative.  

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 09:17:04 AM »
It's OK. I was just wondering. I'm not in the chat anyway apart by accident. Thanks for clarification.
Maybe I should change this one day ...
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

AgentDee

• Boob, James Boob
  • I LOVE GIANT TITS!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 06:41:11 PM »
Oh I can use chat with this alias but I cannot use the chat AND post in the forum with the same account for some reason so I post with the AD account and chat with the A_D one so it is still the same name so you can still tell it is me ;).

AD
8)
Want a custom avatar?

Chelsea Charms

MiB; Division 6, NYC

gonZo

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 08:27:18 PM »
That's still really mystifying.

:: gonZo kicks the software ::

AgentDee

• Boob, James Boob
  • I LOVE GIANT TITS!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 10:38:24 PM »
yeah I have had contact with the customer support on this by via email but nothing works so I just open a privacy tab in my browser and log into chat with the A_D account and just swap back to the AD one it is a minor hassle but it works so far.

AD
8)
Want a custom avatar?

Chelsea Charms

MiB; Division 6, NYC

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 11:41:44 PM »
Oh I can use chat with this alias but I cannot use the chat AND post in the forum with the same account for some reason so I post with the AD account and chat with the A_D one so it is still the same name so you can still tell it is me ;).

AD
8)

It's OK. I was just wondering, but in the case with _ or without, that's not really an hiding attempt ;-)

AgentDee

• Boob, James Boob
  • I LOVE GIANT TITS!
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 03:04:13 AM »
Had a bit of a scare today, earlier this afternoon I went to access the site from my phone and it said on my screen:

Sorry AgentDee, you are banned from using this forum!
You are temp banned for 3 weeks for posting underag3 content

Or words to that effect which shocked me cause A: I NEVER post any stuff like that, and B: I am usually one of the first to tell a user that he is posting stuff that could get him/her into trouble and tell them to remove it before a mod sees it.  I have been here almost 2 decades and I am pretty sure I know what and what NOT to post here.  I tried rebooting my phone, no luck, then I deleted my history so I was no longer signed in, went to forum.bearchive.com and it said same error but with my AD tag replaced with Guest.  This had me thinking it was similar to my hiccup that I mentioned in the first post.  I got home and had NO problems getting into the forum, tried my phone same thing.  So this time I deleted history, removed password history and rebooted the phone, now I can log in with no more 'you are banned for 3 weeks' error.

PS as far as I can tell there is no way to clear cache on Windows phone which I am using at the moment, no Android this time.  but deleting history and having it forget passwords and log ins and reboot did the same thing.  Has this happened before, getting a you are banned issue even tho you are not banned?

AD
8)
Want a custom avatar?

Chelsea Charms

MiB; Division 6, NYC

gonZo

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 06:42:53 AM »
Hi Dee,

This happens to random members now and then.
You didn't do anything to deserve a temporary ban. Here's what happened:

• Your phone tried to access the BEA using an IP address that had previously been used by a banned user. The forum software blocked your login and gave you a "poison cookie".

• When you rebooted your phone, your cellular carrier gave you a non-banned IP address, which solved the initial problem, but the "poison cookie" was still blocking you.

• Clearing cookies (by clearing history and password history) after the reboot allowed you to log back in.
_
g
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:47:42 AM by gonZo »