Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
Re: I'm tired of all the BEA whiners
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 05:51:27 PM »
I'm moving this thread to Site Issues, with all due respect to tdotter who started it and to all the great users who took the time to reply and offer their views. I agree with much of what's been said thus far, and I disagree with some bits too (SS: "an extension of 4chan?? Really? I'm sorry you feel that way, since gonZo and I each expend hundreds of man-hours each year doing what we can to avoid that.

In any case, I'll leave a pointer and folks can pick up this thread in SI if they like. Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:34:33 AM by Palomine »

Starscream

• +3 Custom Title
  • +1 Custom Title
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 06:14:03 PM »
Let me expand on the "extension of 4chan" comment. I didn't mean this place is a bunch of immature trolls. I meant it in more of an "people come, post pictures and rarely discuss things" sense. My apologies to anyone offended.

salem

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 10:52:34 AM »
Let me expand on the "extension of 4chan" comment. I didn't mean this place is a bunch of immature trolls. I meant it in more of an "people come, post pictures and rarely discuss things" sense. My apologies to anyone offended.

Works for me, but then I do enjoy reading the chat too. I would like to PERSONALLY thank tdotter for all his wonderful posts and introducing me to so many scrumptious females!  ;D

Besides, in my new role of 'taxonomist', sorting through old threads for merging, I have come across a poster Munchwolf who posted a host of one liners followed by a quip inserted into his name (Munch 'time for a quip' Wolf  etc), Is this any worse than posting a picture in a thread without a ream of dialogue?

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 11:13:19 AM »
 As I said on another recent thread, I really appreciate this place because the alternative places are often extremely negative and bafflingly aggressive in critiquing the women/models. In those places the majority of the criticisms of models are completely unfair and even when they are legitimate they're usually explained with an obnoxious lack of tact. Often complaining about a model's attitude with a complete lack of self-awareness about their own.
 I'm trying to understand why a lot of sites have become like that. Perhaps lots of members lying about their age to get in? The widening of the internet just becoming rowdier in general?
Drawer, occasional painter

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »
I have come across a poster Munchwolf who posted a host of one liners followed by a quip inserted into his name (Munch 'time for a quip' Wolf
I remember him. He was quite active here and is still on the top ten lists. I wonder what happened to him?
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »
I remember him. He was quite active here and is still on the top ten lists. I wonder what happened to him?

Still posting from time to time: http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1634;sa=showPosts
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

Merita

• D Cup
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 05:35:45 PM »

Besides, in my new role of 'taxonomist', sorting through old threads for merging, I have come across a poster Munchwolf who posted a host of one liners followed by a quip inserted into his name (Munch 'time for a quip' Wolf  etc), Is this any worse than posting a picture in a thread without a ream of dialogue?

Seriously??

I wasn't going to get into this conversation - although I've been quietly around for many years, I am not a regular provider of content, so I feel a bit awkward saying something critical of those who do. However, I have to say I am finding it quite frustrating to see so many threads dedicated to models we've all loved popping to the top of the forum. You immediately think "ahaa - new content or news, maybe they're making a comeback" and then click to find that the post that's resurrected the thread is just a 'no words, ancient library picture' post

Mod edit to ask: and how is that harmful? 90% of the BB models are retired... meaning that the total group of BB models still/active today are just a small fraction of all BB models ever. Is there something wrong with users who still enjoy, discuss, post pix of models that are no longer working? Or must we separate retired models into a separate sub-forum, which will only make more work for mods? I don't see the point of your complaint. If you're not interested in Roberta Pedon or Danuta Lato or Arlene Bell, just don't click on the threads about them... since you know they haven't made a comeback.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:46:13 PM by Palomine »

Starscream

• +3 Custom Title
  • +1 Custom Title
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 08:13:55 PM »

Shhhh don't mention his name... Or the dreaded Munchelsea might return

gOOber

• Pic-O-Matic
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 08:22:42 PM »
Shhhh don't mention his name... Or the dreaded Munchelsea might return
I forgot! What have I done? :o
....rejoicing in the fullness thereof....

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 03:43:59 AM »

I am in touch with him in rl. He's getting on the way the rest of us are, but he is frying some other fish.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

salem

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 04:32:48 AM »
Seriously??

I wasn't going to get into this conversation - although I've been quietly around for many years, I am not a regular provider of content, so I feel a bit awkward saying something critical of those who do. However, I have to say I am finding it quite frustrating to see so many threads dedicated to models we've all loved popping to the top of the forum. You immediately think "ahaa - new content or news, maybe they're making a comeback" and then click to find that the post that's resurrected the thread is just a 'no words, ancient library picture' post

It's called nostalgia. For example when I read the TV listings and 'Bewitched' or 'I Dream of Jeannie' is listed, do I immediately think 'oh, have they started making that again?', of course I don't, doesn't stop me from tuning in because I do enjoy a bit of nostalgia.

Posting a pic from a long dormant thread of a model who no longer models wasn't against the rules last time I checked (and I check often!), sometimes people like to wallow in the days when models looked different, a time before the internet was full of instagram and twitter!

Sometimes I post a pic or a vidcap because there is a long-dormant question that has not been answered. It's just me, I like to tie up loose ends, and if I jog a few peoples memories along the way, what's the harm in that?

Escher

• C Cup
    • Cgurl
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 06:15:14 AM »
I'm kinda split 50/50. 

On the one hand, I wish the site had a more 'breast enhancement' theme as the title suggests.  On the other, GD is a great source of morphing material and its good that non-morphers and non-philosophers can still contribute something to the community.

I tend to avoid GD because its mostly pictures that I can see on a hundred other sites. The exception being the older retro or obscure posts which are awesome. I feel sorry for the mods who have to vet each and every picture to make sure it's not infringing copyright/site rules though, I don't envy you.

I can see the point of having threads based around a particular model, with news, unseen pics, real life facts etc but can't understand hundreds of threads titled 'tits in blue tops', 'tits in red tops', 'big tits next to little tits', 'tits from the side', 'tits from underneath', 'tits on people with short hair', ad infinitum.  I don't feel that the majority of those posts add anything to the site as they have nothing to do with breast enhancement.

Maybe GD could be split into three forums, one for single model threads like 'Model news / bio', another for actual discussion of general/big breasts/enhancements etc and one more for general monkey spanking 'Pictures of big tits'.  Probably more work for the mods, but would make GD a lot easier to navigate.

Just a suggestion, I'm just grateful the place is here at all.

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 01:28:04 PM »
 A lot of the older retired models are going to be new to lots of people, new fans will constantly come to this world of busty models. I'd even go as far to say that it's important that these models still have their images circulated as long as possible. Like any good thing, you should want to spread it and keep it alive. So many of these websites and magazines are gone and the only way to find these photos is fan sharing.

There used to be some comprehensive "hall of fame" type sites but as always they've died off or lose a lot of content. A model encyclopedia is too vast for beginners who want to know all the stars of the past.

I appreciate Salem going around posting old stuff, because it's good stuff that's new to lots of people and sometimes even feels newish if you had half forgotten seeing it. I'd quibble and say it's far more potent than nostalgia generally is.

Yeah, sometimes you might get excited thinking that maybe a model is making a comeback but that's the same with any type of forum: could be bumped for new releases or just more discussion of what we already have.
Drawer, occasional painter

Palomine

• Modern Male Mammal, Linux enthusiast.
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 03:17:11 PM »
We (gonZo and I and our colleagues over the years) discuss the addition of new sub-forums from time to time, but we balance those ideas with the knowledge that too many different/specialized sub-forums only serve to further fragmentize the forum as a whole, making it harder for new users to find their way around (for just one example). We did recently create a new sub-forum for Sightings, and we (with Salem's help) have been gradually moving the thousands of sighting posts out of the GF and into the new Sightings sub-forum. But it's definitely a long-term project, and progress is made only as time permits since we're just volunteers who can work here only when RL permits (the only people PAID to work on the forums are the sysadmins, and they spend the vast majority of their time taking care of the paysite parts of the BEA, not the forum). Last year, I made separate sub-forums for SOLVED and BROKEN (now unsolvable due to broken external links) sub-forums for the ID Request sub-forum and spent I-don't-know-how-many-man-hours going through several thousand threads, sorting them into three separate piles. It was a lot of extra work but afterwards the IDQ forum ONLY contains unsolved subjects making it easier to use. I'm not likely to do something like that again w/o very good reason.

I suppose we could make a new sub-forum for just "theme" type threads (boobs from behind, etc...) which are essentially galleries-on-a-topic but if we did, I'm positive that there'd be disagreement among users as to what constitutes a "theme" ...does a thread just about Chloe Vevrier belong in the "theme" section? Or if we did try to have separate General forums for morphs and non-morphs, what about all the zillions of threads that contain BOTH morphed and non-morphed pix? Are we supposed to spend thousand of man-hours trying to separate them all, only to wind up with a Chloe Vevrier thread (for example) in the non-morph area AND another about her in the morphed area? And then try to enforce all future postings by that criteria via moderation? And the idea that working vs. retired models should be in separate forums... MORE man-hours not just to go back and sort all the threads to date, but more work to enforce from this point forward... and what about those models who've just been quiet for a while? Or those that come back from a previous retirement? I mean really... I've got as much OCD as the next guy here (;)) but the kind of sorting/moving/rules that would be needed to address some recent "structural" complaints are just way too much work for us to even consider realistically.

It all strikes me as a bit impractical. The BEA forum has never been a business... generating revenue... to offset the expense of running it/keeping it online for the better part of two decades. Because of that reality, a whole bunch of compromises are inevitable/unavoidable. And even (in some Utopian universe/alternate reality) where we had infinite resources to spend on labor to indulge every whim about how the site is run, structured/organized, etc... you can be POSITIVE that there would STILL be users who'd be unhappy with the result.

So, to paraphrase both Rodney King and Lisa Simpson and (I presume) Russ Meyer, "can't all us fans of busty women and breast expansion just learn to get along with each other and enjoy what we share here?"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:59:53 PM by Palomine »

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 03:34:04 PM »
The way I see it, BB enthusiasts and BE enthusiasts are singing from different pages of the same hymnbook. The former likes seeing the real-life end results of the latter.

I'm not a morpher (I have no skills in that regard), and I am not really a writer (hence, no BE stories) but I appreciate the output of my fellow BEArs who do both things. But I have a space here at the BEA, as a supporter of BE, BE storytellers, BE morphers, and BB models.

The great thing about the BEA Forum is that it is a big tent. It accommodates us all, with breasts, their growth, and their appreciation, as the linchpin. And as with all great things, it is what we make it.

Long may it reign.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.