TheZookie007

• L Cup
The Smartwatch Thread
« on: March 09, 2015, 07:20:19 AM »
A catch-all thread for smartwatches of all stripes and from all manufacturers.

Today is the Apple "Spring Forward" event, at 10 am Pacific time, 1 pm Eastern time.

To watch it live on an Apple device, go here.

To watch it live on a Windows device, or on an Android device, follow the instructions here.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
Re: The Smartwatch Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 05:02:33 AM »
Wow! The battery is good for almost a whole day!
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 05:21:10 AM »
I know, right? It's a miracle!

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 02:31:30 PM »
Mashable: "Steve Wozniak didn't have time to buy an Apple Watch"

If you were to look at Steve Wozniak's wrist today, you would see a very unusual watch. It lights up only when he lifts his wrist, costs over $350 and is hand-crafted. It's also not an Apple Watch.

"March and April are the two busiest months of my life each year," explained the Apple co-founder who simply hasn't had the time to order one. The watch he is wearing, though, is one for the books. It's called a Nixie and features tiny, cathode tubes that produce bright, glowing digital numbers that only light up when he lifts his arm. Wozniak thinks it's funny that his watch shares that feature with Apple's elegant new timepiece.

Wozniak will buy an Apple Watch, even if he's not quite sure if he wants or needs it. "I'm not the target market," he told me via phone. He doesn't constantly measure his heart rate or wear a fitness tracker.

Still, he's intrigued. "I'm gonna try out the [Apple] watch and see if it changes my life." In particular, he's looking forward to trying the Apple Watch's simpler form of Apple Pay. He has no plans to buy a gold Apple Watch Edition, though, "I'm absolutely certain if I got a gold watch, I'd be getting my money's worth, even if it only told time."

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 11:07:26 PM »
whomp whomp whomp

NetworkWorld: "What if the Apple Watch is really a flop?"

pedonbio

• Oh My God Cup
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 05:13:48 PM »
whomp whomp whomp

NetworkWorld: "What if the Apple Watch is really a flop?"

Wozniak says that he is "not the target demographic for the watch". At some point in life once ceases to be curious about one's heart rate, and is satisfied to know that it is still beating.
Someday, chi1dren, this entire fuck-up will be yours.