nivida

• A Cup
So I've been a lurking for a very long time around here and other BE & giantess related forums. I'm not much of a writer and have no photoshop, digital art, or drawing skills and don't really have an interest in learning any of those skills. However, I do know how to write code and make websites/webapps. I had an idea for an web app that I think would be really helpful for those more artistic than myself for working together to create better content.

So here's the idea:

Its a platform for creating interactive stories, similar writing.com's interactive stories or Unending BE Addventure has and probably exists a dozen other places on the web. Where this is different is that each interactive story (I'll call a story-tree) has an owner who can dictate requirements to contribute to the story so that a standard of quality is maintained.

Here's a small list of features I brainstormed up:
  • Story owners can promote users to Story Reviewers/Editors.
  • All new chapters to a story must be approved by either the story owner or a story reviewer
  • Story owners can also enforce a theme, allowed themes, and disallowed themes (Examples of themes that might be allowed/disallowed: furry, giantess, futa, ass-growth, gender-change, ect...). This is so that a story owner can maintain a quality story.
  • Story owners can promote users to Trusted Authors. Trust authors chapter's don't require reviewing
  • The story owner can dictate minimum requirements for somebody to submit a new story. Types of minimum requirements that can be specified are:
    • Word count
    • Complementary artwork (and type of complementary artwork) (maybe a morph/collage/drawing or other type of content like an audio recording or video). *I know not all writers are also artists and vice versa, so I have an idea for allowing stories to have this requirement without preventing people who are not both artists and authors from contributing.
    • Tags/Tag-Count (All chapters will be tagger to allow searching)
    • Whether or not chapters can be submitted anonymously (they will still need to be reviewed/approved)
    • Number of chapter branch options that must be specified.
  • Chapter's can be submitted pending complementary artwork. In this case the chapter will not yet be visible, but that branch will have a message to anybody who sees it that it has a written chapter that is pending artwork.
  • Pages pending artwork will also include the title of the chapter and a description the author wrote of happens in that chapter or just what the artwork should be of. This way people viewing that anybody viewing that page can can submit the artwork (Artists/Writers working together! :D).
  • There will also be a page containing a list of all chapter's pending artwork, that way artists can easily find places to contribute
  • In the same sense that authors can submit chapters without artwork, authors can also submit artwork pending a story. All they need to do is go to a new chapter branch and make artwork based on that chapter's description (based on the options left in the previous chapter)
  • There will also be a page listing all chapters that have artwork but are still pending a written chapter to allow authors to easily find places to contribute.
  • Artwork will also be reviewed same as written content so that reviewers/story owners can maintain quality.

There's also some other miscellaneous feature's I've brainstormed
  • Allow user's to write using markdown to make formatting easier
  • Allow users to bookmark chapters or even specific lines in a chapter
  • Have an easy to navigate top level view of stories to view the entire tree
  • Search stories based on primary themes, disallowed themes and other qualirty requirements. Also search by tags, number of chapters, number of chapters by a certain author, ect...

Another cool thing that would come out of this would be fostering new artists/authors and giving a medium to allow more experience authors/artists to provide constructive feedback to the newer guys.

So what are people's thoughts? Like the idea? Dislike it (or a part of it)? Got any suggestions for features? Also, if anybody knows any other forums/sites that might be interested in platform like this please let me know, as I'd like to get as much feedback as possible.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:27:48 PM by nivida »

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
(one post containing a link to problem content has been removed —moderator)

JH_

• F Cup
Whilst I like the idea in principle, I think you will need to be careful not to set the bar too high for accepting an episode. Otherwise the site may not achieve the necessary "critical mass" of contributors to keep going. In particular, "All new chapters to a story must be approved by either the story owner or a story reviewer" might slow things down too much. It's noticeable on the BEAddventure that if there's too long a delay between successive episodes in a story thread (say more than a couple of days), momentum is lost and people tend to lose interest. The worry is that, if the owner or reviewer is busy in Real Life, it might take a week or more for an episode to be approved.

Anyway, good luck with the venture!
JH

Boogiepop

• A Cup
This has more to do with the fact the the BEA Addventure has no mechanism for tracking things, so if something isn't in the updates every day people who might be interested in adding to it never actually see that it exists.