TheZookie007

• L Cup
Windows 10
« on: July 28, 2015, 09:50:27 PM »
So, Microsoft Windows 10 will be officially launched July 28, 2015.

WindowsCentral: "Windows 10 Questions and Answers you need to know before upgrading"

Lifehacker: "All the New Stuff Coming to Windows 10"

ThioJoeTech: "Should You Get Windows 10?"

ThioJoeTech: "Windows 10: Should You Upgrade or Clean Install?"

LockerGnome's Geek Lifestyles: "Should I Get Windows 10?"
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 05:08:54 AM »
I did the upgrade this morning from Windows 8.1.

Sound did not work at first, although drivers were installed - I deleted the driver and reinstalled them, now sound is working.

Having trouble with Bluetooth on my phone, that was working well under 8.1. Not sure why that is yet. (now working, but different than 8.1)

I have a new Windows key with this install, not the same as W8.1.  So I have created an ISO for an subsequent reinstall.

Now I will update my laptop and tablet. The rollback, (kept for 30 days) should I need it, is good and works well.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:14:49 AM by Hiram »
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 07:51:16 AM »
I was reading on Forbes to wait until October, since there is a one year window for free installation, to install it since there is already a 10.1 version coming out then.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 08:14:11 AM »
I was reading on Forbes to wait until October, since there is a one year window for free installation, to install it since there is already a 10.1 version coming out then.
You have a year to take-up the free upgrade offer, after that you have to pay for it. Users that upgrade in that time get Windows 10 for the lifetime of their hardware.

This is the last version of Windows that will be updated in the old way, from now on it is incremental upgrades.  I think it is: Threshold 2 update in October and Redstone in june 2016.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 08:17:47 PM »

NotElvis

• F Cup
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 01:05:28 PM »
You have a year to take-up the free upgrade offer, after that you have to pay for it. Users that upgrade in that time get Windows 10 for the lifetime of their hardware.

This is the last version of Windows that will be updated in the old way, from now on it is incremental upgrades.  I think it is: Threshold 2 update in October and Redstone in june 2016.

Microsoft clearly has NO idea how long I keep some computers....

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 04:48:27 AM »
Microsoft clearly has NO idea how long I keep some computers....
Windows 10 has a 10 year support cycle - it is just a free upgrade for the first year.

On another note.  I did a fresh install on my laptop, I'd already upgraded to 10, but wanted to remove some restore partitions.  Jeez, it got stuck at 99%, so I did a hard reset - but it wouldn't let me boot off a DVD - and kept booting into the Windows Boot Manager, which failed and rebooted.  So I had to remove the HDD and boot into the UEFI with the Windows DVD and change the boot order so it would boot the DVD first.  There was no way to access the UEFI any other way as far as I could see.

Come on Microsoft, this is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:50:01 AM by Hiram »

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 10:24:13 AM »
Windows 10 has a 10 year support cycle - it is just a free upgrade for the first year.

On another note.  I did a fresh install on my laptop, I'd already upgraded to 10, but wanted to remove some restore partitions.  Jeez, it got stuck at 99%, so I did a hard reset - but it wouldn't let me boot off a DVD - and kept booting into the Windows Boot Manager, which failed and rebooted.  So I had to remove the HDD and boot into the UEFI with the Windows DVD and change the boot order so it would boot the DVD first.  There was no way to access the UEFI any other way as far as I could see.

Come on Microsoft, this is ridiculous.

Yup, I think I'll wait a little while before I download Windows 10.

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 10:42:08 AM »

Yup, I think I'll wait a little while before I download Windows 10.
Wise - it is buggy.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 01:06:25 AM »
I always wait at least a year. Can't be too careful.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 08:18:17 PM »
I always wait at least a year. Can't be too careful.

See what I mean?

IT World: "Microsoft issues first hefty Windows 10 update"
Pushes 325MB update to all Windows 10 devices; will be first test of WUDO

"Microsoft today delivered the first large-sized update for Windows 10, a "servicing update" that weighed in at around a third of a gigabyte.

The update, labeled KB3081424 in Microsoft's identifying scheme, has been pushed not only to Windows Insiders -- those who opted in to the firm's preview program -- but also to everyone who has upgraded to the new OS since its launch last week.

KB3081424 was billed as a non-security update: In other words, it did not include patches for vulnerabilities. "This update includes ... changes to enhance the functionality of Windows 10 through new features and improvements," the supporting support document read, using Microsoft's boilerplate for its bug-fix and feature-change updates.

The update was the largest post-launch by far. According to its manifest, the 64-bit version ran approximately 325MB, while the 32-bit version tipped the virtual scale at around 160MB."

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 10:59:08 PM »

Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 01:44:46 AM »
Jeez...tough crowd.

NetworkWorld: "How to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7 or 8"
I was tempted to go back to Windows 8.1, but in the end I'll stick with Windows 10 for a while. It is buggy still, but the recent update did improve things. Bluetooth file transfer still doesn't work, although it worked fine on 8.1. I feel like a beta tester.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 04:00:38 AM »
I feel like a beta tester.

That's because you are ;)

somnophorev2

• F Cup
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 07:11:18 AM »
I updated my Dad's laptop for him as he said he'd seen the adverts and wanted it done as it's free and he likes things like that. So I did it and hurrah.... the touchpad doesn't work. I got it to work once by reinstalling the drivers but this morning it did not work again. I'm not installing the drivers every time as it is a massive pain in the backside so I've just been and brought him a wired USB mouse. So will test that later and see how it goes!

I certainly won't be updating my computer however as I need it too much for work and don't fancy having to arse around with it anywhere near as much as what some people are reporting.

Bad times.... now to go look at some boobs :)