gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
Instructions for adding or changing your avatar
« on: April 07, 2014, 10:24:11 PM »
ADDING AN AVATAR FOR THE FIRST TIME
It's pretty easy:

1: Log in.
2: Click "Profile" in the link bar at the top of any page to display your Profile page.
3: In the sidebar, click "Forum Profile Information".
4: Upload you new avatar:
      a: Highlight the "I Will Upload My Own Picture" radio button.
      b: Click the "Choose File" button. A file browser window is displayed.
      c: Browse to the desired image on your hard drive, select it, and click the "Choose" button.
      d: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Change Profile" button.

CHANGING YOUR AVATAR
Sometimes the presence of your old avatar may prevent you from replacing it with a new image.
To avoid this problem, follow these instructions:

1: Log in.
2: Click "Profile" in the link bar at the top of any page to display your Profile page.
3: In the sidebar, click "Forum Profile Information".
4: Remove your old avatar:
      a: Highlight the "Personalized Picture" radio button.
      b: Choose "(no pic)" in the list.
      c: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Change Profile" button.
5: Upload you new avatar:
      a: Highlight the "I Will Upload My Own Picture" radio button.
      b: Click the "Choose File" button. A file browser window is displayed.
      c: Browse to the desired image on your hard drive, select it, and click the "Choose" button.
      d: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Change Profile" button.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:27:38 PM by gonZo »

TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: Instructions for adding or changing your avatar
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 02:53:31 AM »
I am curious. Today I wanted to add a message to my signature. My long-standing signature had HTML tags instead of BBcode tags. The additional message had only BBcode. When I saved my profile, I noticed that my long-standing avatar of Jade Feng was replaced with the new "default" avatar image. I panicked a bit, tried to retrieve my old avatar from Google cache, etc. Then I remembered that I had saved the file somewhere on my hard disk.

I just re-uploaded my avatar to my profile, posted in a few places, and all was back to normal. Almost. I notice that now my avatar is in an oval, whereas before it was in a circle. I also have noticed that other avatars are in a circle the same size as mine was before my profile update, and that the "default" avatar is in an even bigger circle. (See attached image.)

It's not a huge thing, but I'm just curious how come things are like this now.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.