vdate

• A Cup
What's happening to The (prohibited O)?
« on: March 10, 2016, 06:44:02 PM »
I was browsing the archives looking for an old story about a week ago, but every old story just threw a database error of some kind when I tried to access it. (Newly posted stories seemed to be perfectly accessible, though.) This week, it's even worse - I get database errors when I try to look at any author's page, I get database errors where they were perfectly accessible before, even if the stories weren't. Does anybody know what's going on?

JH_

• F Cup
Re: What's happening to The (prohibited O)?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 04:18:55 AM »
I see that they have their own forum. Looking there, I see that someone has reported the problem, and that someone else has replied saying:

The site was hacked and the admin had to restrict some settings for our safety. It's temporary, I'm sure.

It is, to the best of my knowledge, still safe to download stories and visit the Rate Me pages, but I don't believe it's currently possible to leave new ratings, search by SQL, or author or title.

It is however, possible to search by year.

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that the admin will have time to fix and improve things over the next week or so.

JH

vdate

• A Cup
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 07:01:18 AM »
Oh, I see! I thought the forum was toast! (It redirected to a 'hosting available' page when I tried the link.

Belle

• B Cup
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 11:19:21 AM »
As a precaution, somebody needs to go in there an do a full sitesucker backup.  TOFB is one of the only compendiums that is really focused in our genre.  Sure there's great other story archives.. but they usually don't even have a BE section.  TOFB is really old and if it ever crashes, or the webmaster disappears, I'd like to know someone else could resurrect it.

Sawyer90

• Rocket Jock
  • Game called on account of Naked Chick!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 08:51:25 PM »
Odd. I've had no trouble the last few days.

And I second the call to either back up, or duplicate the service of, TOFB. It's a vital part of the BE online culture, tbh.
My guide to life: Never argue with idiots, drunks, trolls, or conspiracy nuts. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »
The (prohibited O) site is dying. I say this in sadness because it's been a great catalog of BE stories. There has been no new stories in about two months and today all I get is gobbledygook out of it. Mister HHH, who used to come here years ago, used to run it and I frankly don't know if he still does.  Farewell old friend, we shall miss you.  :( :'(

Darkstorm

• E Cup
    • -
The (prohibited O) is back
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 11:42:04 PM »
According to the reddit forum, uploading stories is available once again - if you have stories you'd like to share there, send away

MaxBigfoot

• ZZZ Cup
  • Maximum Manga Maven
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 07:39:20 PM »
I really hope it stay up and ok.  It's the only source I know of for BE stories nowadays.   :(

MaxBigfoot

To change Forum settings so that you see 50 topics per page:
Go to Forum Profile
Hover cursor over "Modify Profile" button in top left
Select "Look and Layout"
Scroll to "Topics to display per page", select 50 in dropdown menu
Click on "Change Profile" at bottom right of page.

You can also change "Messages to display per page" to 50 in the same way.

Re: The (prohibited O) is back
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 11:59:37 PM »
According to the reddit forum, uploading stories is available once again - if you have stories you'd like to share there, send away

I'll fully believe this once new stories actually start showing up there. (I suggested on the Reddit forum that the site owner post a note on (prohibited O) itself saying that uploading is available again, but I haven't seen a response to that suggestion.)

Darkstorm

• E Cup
    • -
Re: The (prohibited O) is back
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 09:48:31 AM »

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 11:52:00 PM »

(Sorry if this foolishness is causing lurkers on the thread to think something is happening with (prohibited O).)

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 12:25:50 AM »

Darkstorm

• E Cup
    • -
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 09:58:52 AM »

(ok, it took a while, but still...)