Angelusx

• P Cup
    • membersarea.bearchive.com/galleries/index.php?main=39&from=free
Taking another run at this
« on: April 07, 2016, 09:20:04 PM »
Hello all,  long time no see.  It's been some years since I was last active here, some better than others.  I can't say I'll be back as much as I was before but I'm around now and I've kept up with morphing here and there and I wanted to get some feedback on some of my work.  I've taken up the pseudonym of "RandomBloggerDude" which can be used to find me on Reddit and Tumblr.  Back to the matter at hand feedback is appreciated.

Benji Dude

• G Cup
    • Yahoo groups - archive of my work
    • Email
Re: Taking another run at this
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 06:53:04 AM »
As far as morphs go, this isn't bad, there's some rough edges here and there but nothing that can't be fixed with a little practise and attention to detail.

You've picked a tricky subject for a morph.  In theory full frontage should be easy as it's easy to see where the breasts would expand and lay on the body.  However with this image having little in the way of shadows/ contrast makes it harder to give that sense of depth to the expanded breasts.  As breasts get larger (or butts, or bellies...) they cast a larger shadow, and more of the underside will be in darkness as well.  In contrast the upper side of the breast would perhaps become lighter as well as more light hits it.  So this is one area where attention needs to be paid, again its tricky with a white top (its the same with black tops as well) as you'll have little detail to play with in creating shadows.  A usual trick for me is to use Photoshops layer effects, drop shadow and inner shadow are a god send.

You want to treat your swollen bust line like a pair of sphere's they'll have highlights (bright bits), low lights (mid tone stuff) and shadows (dark bits).  You'll need to look at the image and understand where the light is coming from.  In this instance the light (most likely from a flash given the washed out look and lack of shadows) is coming from directly in front of the woman, maybe just a little above her head (as evident by the shape shadows under her hands) and fairly close.

So with that in mind, the shadows on the breasts would on the underside, and mostly casting on the arms and maybe hands (depending on how big you wanted the breasts to look).  The shadows would be fairly small and sharp, similar to what you can see along her chin.

Moving on, the rough edges I mentioned are mostly around the outer curves of each breast, it looks like you've used a soft edged brush either to delete unwanted pixels (bad!) or to tweak an alpha mask (good!) in any case you'll want a smaller brush to reduce the "ghosting" effect.

The last thing I want to raise is something that is often overlooked your tag.  More precisely the placement, it looks like it's just sort of floating in the middle not really doing anything other than distracting from the subject matter.  Your tag should be located in a corner and not be distracting.

I hope that was of some help and not too demoralising.  Feel free to drop me a message if you want to talk about it more.

Benji Dude

Angelusx

• P Cup
    • membersarea.bearchive.com/galleries/index.php?main=39&from=free
Re: Taking another run at this
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 09:59:40 PM »
That was for more detailed than I anticipated, thank you for responding and even more so for being so thorough.  If I had known I would receive such a detailed critique I would have submitted something I spent more than 10 minutes on but hard drive failures and time constraints limit me.  I will take a look at all your suggestions when I have the chance.  Thank you again.