Sawyer90

• Rocket Jock
  • Game called on account of Naked Chick!
Appendicitis sucks...
« on: October 20, 2016, 07:49:45 PM »
Just got home from a four-day tour of the local hospital courtesy of acute appendicitis. Surgery went fine, and I'm slowly recovering from the abuse my body has been put through over the last week.

As much fun as that was, ( ::) ) hopefully it'll be the last major chunk of time I spend in a hospital for the next few decades!  ;D
My guide to life: Never argue with idiots, drunks, trolls, or conspiracy nuts. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

SwitcherX

• Legend
Re: Appendicitis sucks...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 12:30:36 AM »
Did you save it in a jar of alcohol?
Switcher X
A.K.A. Tina Fey Eichmann

"Thank you herr professor Tina Fey Eichmann, nuclear brain surgeon and moustache jockey."
-- Mammeister

"SwitcherX, you were always Mammeister's favorite...you bastard."
-- Notty

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 06:15:15 AM »
Did you save it in a jar of alcohol?

Formaldehyde would be a much better preservative.  ::) ;) ;D

bignatslover

• P Cup
    • I love the BEA
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 06:51:29 AM »
Just got home from a four-day tour of the local hospital courtesy of acute appendicitis.
Glad you pulled through ya trooper.  The good thing about appendectomies is once it's done, it's DONE!

Robin_K2

• A Cup
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »
I've been told by medical people that it's one of the most painful things you can go through, other than childbirth. It certainly was very painful to me, when mine was taken out a few years ago.

I bet you have some exercises to do, and that thing you have to blow into. Do them. The thing with the pillow really works. And don't be shy about taking your painkillers.

Those who haven't been through it won't know how it makes just about any activity painful. Get well soon! And keep us posted on your progress, please.

Sawyer90

• Rocket Jock
  • Game called on account of Naked Chick!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 08:35:07 PM »
Well, the incisions are knitting together nicely. Got up today and it didn't hurt to twist or anything. Didn't even need Advil. Intestines are still rebooting, which is quite annoying. Otherwise, all good news.

Side note: I've found that, when pain crosses a certain threshold, I stop sneezing, even in mid sneeze. Whoda thunk? XD
My guide to life: Never argue with idiots, drunks, trolls, or conspiracy nuts. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.