Re: Where is everyone?
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2018, 04:36:03 AM »
Well the forum update was a major contributing factor to the drop off. The slow slip toward a big boob appreciation site is another. Also, the fact that it is a forum and not some flashier interface like some of the other well known image sites makes it less appealing to the younger set. Tastes change too.

It is obvious from the rate of new posts that actual "Participation", as was defined in an earlier forum review, is down. Some categories have had almost no activity for weeks at a time.

There is really a trickle of BE at the BEA.

T
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2018, 04:38:22 AM »
Well the forum update was a major contributing factor to the drop off. The slow slip toward a big boob appreciation site is another. Also, the fact that it is a forum and not some flashier interface like some of the other well known image sites makes it less appealing to the younger set. Tastes change too.

It is obvious from the rate of new posts that actual "Participation", as was defined in an earlier forum review, is down. Some categories have had almost no activity for weeks at a time.

There is really a trickle of BE at the BEA.

The first paragraph summarized it. And the factor that instagram and other social media exists where models and wanna-be models directly post is a big factor, too.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2018, 08:06:16 PM »
It's not just models on Instagram; it's also creators of BE artwork and fiction finding they can actually get money for their work on places like Patreon and Gumroad, so they don't need to give the stuff away for free here.

Ricky Java, for example, is still making his incredible renders - but he gives them to his Patreon supporters.....
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

MaxBigfoot

• ZZZ Cup
  • Maximum Manga Maven
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2018, 06:07:13 PM »
This is my first drop in in years.  Nice to see a lot of the old timers are still around, even if a lot aren't.  I have a lot of good memories about the forum.  I think I mainly dropped out because of the changes in the main site, especially when it wiped out all my work on my manga site and then was such a pain in the ass when they wanted me to re-do the whole thing in the new format.  That was about the time Druul quit and Palomine disappeared too, which was saddening.

MaxBigfoot

To change Forum settings so that you see 50 topics per page:
Go to Forum Profile
Hover cursor over "Modify Profile" button in top left
Select "Look and Layout"
Scroll to "Topics to display per page", select 50 in dropdown menu
Click on "Change Profile" at bottom right of page.

You can also change "Messages to display per page" to 50 in the same way.

Robin_K2

• A Cup
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2019, 11:09:09 AM »
Just checking back in. Hello!

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2019, 09:05:52 PM »
Just checking back in. Hello!

Same to you!!
rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

Nimrod

• KC Strip Artist
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2019, 12:24:34 AM »
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2019, 12:27:14 PM »
It's always sad to see beautiful leaves fall of the community tree. It happens to all kinds of interest clubs and social gatherings -sooner or later and inevitable. Truly a fact of life. Take solace in the fact that these fallen leaves may fertilize the soil of the next generation. :)

Being back here after having only lurked and semi-lurked as a silent member like 10 years ago on some long forgotten account, I'm amazed to still find and recognize active members rocking the morphs! :)

Robin_K2

• A Cup
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2019, 12:19:21 PM »
I almost want to post this on the "Site Issues" board. I stopped checking here regularly when the last format change occurred. On my computer, it's simply harder to login. I also got a little chewed out by a mod -- deservedly, but in a "you should have known better" way. And, as I think I stated before, how many more photos of Chloe, Petra, Roberta and others do I really need?

I do miss the sense of community. And I miss hearing about new models, and I especially miss discussion in the Off-Topic board. Tits aside, we used to talk about all sorts of things and even made friendships that continued elsewhere.

But checking here again for the first time since February -- holy cow! It seems that I am far from alone. This used to be a busy place. What can all of us do to help restore the BEA Forum as an active community? Any new concepts, any new ideas? Yet another format change? Fresh ideas!

Nimrod

• KC Strip Artist
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2021, 11:22:37 AM »
Hey Robin_K2 - Yes, as you noted, this is just a different environment at the BEA. There was a sense of community as you put it and the Off-topic section was a happening place.

I will not repeat the list of contribution factors to the slow shift in feel and suffice to say change is inevitable, but I feel the greatest effect is on people like you who recall how this place was "back 10 years ago." when visiting again after a while...

Case in point:
I have attached a screen capture from exactly 11 years ago, March 14th, 2010. There were 15 users just in the chat at that moment and the forum was active. The was still a slight feel that this was a place that was covering more than "Tits".

Fresh ideas? Change in Format? I think those have been suggested and in some minor ways implemented. I don't think the BEA would survive another major re-work and frankly I don't see one coming unless the Ownership totally shifts. But the bottom line is the high water mark of the BEA has long past into the mists of history and it is now well past even the remnant pools of standing water. We are down to a puddle here or there and the rest is just asphalt baking in the generic big bust and glamour model sun.
BE Together...

Images are (c) Nimrod unless noted otherwise

threeT

• D Cup
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2021, 03:59:59 PM »
Back again - feels like I was away for 2 years... (I will not search for my last posting  ;) )

schredder

• A Cup
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2021, 03:53:34 PM »
hi people! anyone alive? ...lol...

Hentaibee

• Oh My God Cup
  • I like big breasts quite a lot.
    • http://www.hentaibee.com
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2021, 04:38:04 AM »
still existing but Covid took away some mojo...

ned1212

• A Cup
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2021, 12:14:37 AM »
Back after quite a while. I know there is some criticism of BEA turning into a "mere" big boob appreciation site. And that criticism is fine. But may I ask... I am still out here researching certain actresses and models. Where would you suggest someone like me go if there is a find like a mature photo of the mysterious but colossal 60s Russ Meyer actress Lorna Maitland? In the old days ... imdb board (gone, killed by the Amazon takeover), yahoo affinity groups (gone), Tribes, ".alt".... I know these will all date me... but where is there a user-generated participatory forum with any critical mass.

L_C_R_ANT

• E Cup
  • A guy from the beginning of time...
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2022, 08:09:53 PM »
No sure anyone who's still here would remember me, but I also just decided to pop in on a whim and see how the BEA was doing...  Definitely glad to seem some names I recognize and remember fondly.

Absolutely amazed my account was still here!  Especially considering I haven't been on here in like 10-15 years....
"When life hands you lemons, put em' in your bra. Couldn't hurt, might even help!"

"Never nock on Death's door... Ring the bell and run away! He hates that!"

"When playing poker with Death, he's always holding a Full House... It's just that 9 times outa 10, I'm holding a Royal Flush!"  --Me

"The main reason I'll gamble with Death is Fate cheats!"  --Me