saibott

• A Cup
Re: Tags system
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »
I was thinking that having all defined for either second language or first timers (those that discover the fetishes from this site, I am part of this group) could then understand the tags.
Quick and dirty html table using 2 fairly easy and known to me fetishes:<table width="1108" border="1">
  <tr>
    <td width="100">Tag</td>
    <td width="445">Full Tag</td>
    <td width="541">Definition</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>be</td>
    <td>Breast Expansion</td>
    <td>An increase to breast size.</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>gts</td>
    <td>Giantism</td>
    <td>A person of at least 10 feet height.</td>
  </tr>
</table> I kept the first column at 100 as I think you were keeping the tags smaller than that, but they can be changed, I don't quite know how to make them em stretch to the screen, or if that's even possible.
Another idea/question I have is whether the system can handle css? I was thinking if so that the list of tags could be a css database and any change made to the tags there would be globally reflected, such as renaming a tag: be to bgro for example (not actually meaning we should rename be). I understand it is probably far too late in roll out for such a system to be implemented.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:14:54 AM by saibott »

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2017, 04:44:55 AM »
The ability to rename tags is something I've wanted to do since the beginning, but haven't gotten round to implementing it.  The feature would need to search through all the existing .tag files and replace any occurrence of the old tag with the new one.  Maybe someday.

I don't actually specify the width of the current tag columns or the table; I just specify that there are three columns and let the browser figure out the formatting.  Keepin' it simple and primitive.
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2017, 03:46:07 PM »
For the last few days, every time I've tried to do a tag search I've received the response that the server was too busy, even when it's been at what I'd expect to be a quiet time of day (allowing for the time difference between the UK, where I am, and the US). I wondered if anything could be broken?
JH