Piltheser

• A Cup
Tags system
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:17:22 AM »
So, the new tags system. Two questions.

Is there a way to make it retroactive, meaning we can add the appropriate tags to any chapters made before yesterday?

Can we add an exclusion system, so that, if there are certain fetishist I DON'T want to see even if they're in a chapter with things I want? For example, letting me search muscle growth and breast growth while blocking any trangenderism stories.

JH_

• F Cup
Re: Tags system
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 04:15:05 AM »
Thanks to Adama for introducing the tags system.

One question: if you carry out a search on two or more takes, is that "and" or "or"? I think "and" would be the more useful, as for "or" you could just do multiple searches specifying each tag individually.
JH

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 12:17:05 AM »
So, the new tags system. Two questions.

Is there a way to make it retroactive, meaning we can add the appropriate tags to any chapters made before yesterday?

Can we add an exclusion system, so that, if there are certain fetishist I DON'T want to see even if they're in a chapter with things I want? For example, letting me search muscle growth and breast growth while blocking any trangenderism stories.

It's already retroactive, in that the older Rcents lists (as of last night) now all contain Edit Tags links, as do most of the monthly Index pages.

An exclusion system is a reasonable idea, I'll have to think about how it could be implemented.  Tricky without using java script.  Might have to do a double-checkbox form like a certain other story site does.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:35:15 AM by Adama »
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 12:17:50 AM »
One question: if you carry out a search on two or more takes, is that "and" or "or"? I think "and" would be the more useful, as for "or" you could just do multiple searches specifying each tag individually.
I did consider both methods of doing it; it currently does an "or".  I may add a widget on the search page to let you choose.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 12:37:59 AM »
Since the feature was implemented yesterday, 500 episodes have gotten tagged.  Or 0.2 % of the total episode count.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 03:38:24 AM »
If an episode does not have tags, it generally also does not have an "edit tags" at the top.  This makes it very difficult to tag an untagged episode.  I suggest that all episodes should have "edit tags" even if they don't yet have any tags.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »
1) The tag system was only instituted a few weeks ago.  Any episode created after that point will have the Edit Tags link, even if it doesn't have tags.  Any episode created before that point will not have it, except if tags have been added or as stated below.

2) The Addventure Index has several pages that list all the old episodes and provides external Edit Tags links.  So you can add tags to old episodes by browsing the Index pages.

3) I have a process running which is slowly adding Edit Tags links to all the old episodes; it can currently process 960 episodes per day.  It's running slowly so as not to overburden the system.  Since there are over a quarter-million old episodes to get through, it's going to take around 4 1/2 months to get through them all...

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 03:12:25 PM »
I like the splitting up of the tag options into categories, that you've just introduced. It makes navigating the list much easier.

I noticed that we don't have a "horniness" tag. That would be used a lot. It's not really the same as "slut."
JH

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »
Added it now.

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 03:50:20 PM »
Thanks. That was quick! I've just added another episode and noticed it was there. I was wondering whether I'd been very unobservant last time or you'd added it in the last ten minutes. Evidently it was the latter.
JH

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 04:42:04 PM »
Oh slick, you broke up the Tag Inputs by type.

Although, this could probably be significantly improved. The first category is incredibly overstuffed, and the first two categories are labeled with "Transforms", which is weird.

Might I suggest the following?

- "Growth"
[Containing all tags related to expansion/growth/shrinking]
Ass Expansion
Breast Expansion
Lip Expansion
Nipple Expansion (* Why is this even a thing? It seems over-specific. Like it should either fall under 'BE' or 'Bizarre'...)
Penis Enlargement
Hair Growth
Muscle Growth
Fattening
Inflation
Amazons
Giantess
Shrinking

- "Body Modification"
[Containing all tags related to miscellaneous physical transformation and change]
Age Progression
Age Regression
Bizarre Body Modification
Conjoinment
FTP (* This could also go in the next category)
Hermaphrodites
Lactation
Multibreast
Pregnancy
Pussyboys
Race Change (* This could also go in the next category)
Shemales
Swap (* This one could also go into the next category)
Transgender (MtF)
Transgender (FtM)
Twins
(* Maybe a 'Multilimb' tag?)

- "Transformation"
[Containing all specifically transformation/transformation-themed tags]
Animal TF
Catgirls (* Might I suggest replacing this with something more general? 'Animal Girls'?)
Clothing TF
Anthropomorphic
Inanimate TF
Robots
Statue/Mannequin/Doll (* Might want to split this into Statue/Mannequin and Doll. There is a difference between 'looked at' and 'played with', especially when it comes to sex dolls.)
Taur
Mythological (* Not a perfect fit, but far better.)
Other TF (* Although I'm increasingly uncertain what this means...)

- "Mental Transformation"
[Containing all primarily or exclusively mental changes]
Bimbo Transformation
Horniness (* "Increased Arousal"? with a 'horny' tag?)
Identity Change
Mind Control
Personality Change
Slavery
Sluts
(* I would still like to request a "Status Change" tag. For when the change is primarily about social status. Girl to Maid, Princess, Nurse, etc...)

- "Sexual Activities"
[Containing all 'vanilla' tags]
Bondage
Crossdressing
Exhibition (* Might add "& Nudity)
Female Domination
Female/Female
Masturbation
Male/Female
Male/Male
Non-Consensual

- "Other Themes"
[Literally "Other"]
Global Changes
Vore
Bodily Waste
Invisibility
Time-Stop

- "Episode Types"
[Meta, this was already perfect.]
au - Authors
Fan - Fanfic
list - List Episode
meta - Meta Episode
restart - Restart Episode
root - Storyline Root

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 01:02:20 AM »
Hm, interesting.  I'll think about this.

It's true that the first section is a bit big and generic, but I didn't want to go overboard with the sections.  For example we could have a separate section just with all tags related to breasts.

Your ideas for a sections are somewhat better, since they're not as specific as I was worried about.  I may just implement your idea here.  You seem to have a general flow of each category being broader than the one above it.

Seems to me there's not much difference between "Body Modification" and "Transformation" -- everything under the latter category could also belong under the former.

It's also a fine line between "animal girls" and "Anthropomorphics" (the difference may just be in their degree of animalness).  I'd get rid of the catgirl category altogether, but it seemed like it'd be popular.

Nipple expansion seems to be a thing for some people...

I've now added a "ml = Multilimb" -- but that's a bad abbreviation...

Status Change feels like "Cliche Change" :)  Status is awfully generic, perhaps something more specific such as Role?

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 04:24:21 AM »
"Seems to me there's not much difference between "Body Modification" and "Transformation" -- everything under the latter category could also belong under the former."

I was thinking the same thing.
JH

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 05:09:25 PM »
Well "Growth" was easy enough, we have a ton of specific tags related to various forms and states of expansion, and it's super befitting the website as a whole. But that would still have left a really large "Transformation" group, along with a bunch of odds and ends I didn't know what to do with, like Lactation, Pregnancy, Hermaphrodites, etc. I tried to draw a line between "Physical Modification", where a person is just changed in one way (pregnancy, lactation, change of age, change of gender, twins, etc), and full "Transformation" where the result may be indistinguishable ("You are now a Vase, have fun with that."). Looking at it again I'm pretty sure I failed, although maybe moving around some tags could salvage it?

Possibly move Bizarre, Conjoinment, FTP, Multibreast, Multilimb, and (Race Change?) to Transformation?

Hmm... I'll think more on it.

As for the difference between Animal Girls and Anthropomorphic, I would be inclined to agree with you that there's no real concise line to draw between them, and I was about to write as much... but then I realized that there in fact, is.

When we're talking about "Cat Girls", "Cow Girls" and other similarly 'lightly-touched' animal girls, what exactly are we talking about? As far as I see it, we're usually referring to human girls whom have taken on the various aesthetic and romantic traits of animals. Ears and Tail, occasionally horns, sometimes Eyes, Fangs, Hooves, or Claws. Commonly with romantic traits, such as increased strength, agility, flexibility, or 'mannerisms'.

Even at the extreme end of this, you only get partial fur coverage at-most, and only the extremities of the hands and feet are changed in structural form (if at all). An example of this would be Felicia from Darkstalkers. Animal Traits on a human base.

"Anthropomorphic" however usually goes far harder. Full coverage of fur or scales is a must, and usually it goes significantly farther, altering the facial structure of the skull so that the face is no longer distinctly human. The result is always a more thorough blending that's intended to evoke Anthropomorphism rather than rely on it. A human-like animal, if you will, rather than an animal-like human.

I stumbled upon this train of thought as I realized that the dividing line between these two things could be summarized as the presence of fur/scales and development of the face and torso. So maybe the tags could be "Animal Traits"/"Animal-Like Traits" and "Anthropomorphic", or something along those lines?

"Nipple Expansion", honestly I've hardly ever seen it. Usually it's along with Breast Expansion, or it's so extreme that I'd say it'd probably more fittingly rolled into "Bizarre Body Modification". But then, whatever?

Maybe change "Multilimb" to "Multi" or "mlimb"?

Hm... well, the goal with tags is to be as descriptive as possible while keeping a narrow focus. My intention for "Status Change" is to cover changes in social status as perceived by oneself and/or others. Generic, as opposed to the specificity born from the similar "Identity Change" tag. Identity Change covers Sharon becoming another person, Status Change covers Sharon becoming another version of herself. Cheerleader Sharon, Nerd Sharon, Maid Sharon, Stripper Sharon, Princess Sharon, etc...

"Cliche" often carries a negative connotation, I'm not sure "Role" would properly convey the intention however... "Social Change" might be too broad and nondescript. Maybe combine them somehow? "Social Role Change", or "Social Status Change"? Either way the tag could just be Role?

Edit: Also, I would recommend trying to organize the tags by name rather than abbreviation. Abbreviations can sometimes put things where you wouldn't expect.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:41:42 PM by The Arrogant Nair »

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 04:55:35 AM »
"As for the difference between Animal Girls and Anthropomorphic, I would be inclined to agree with you that there's no real concise line to draw between them, and I was about to write as much... but then I realized that there in fact, is."

I agree that there's a distinction but, interestingly, my own expectation was that the terms would have the reverse meanings to those that you ascribe to them, with anthropomorphic girls having the less extreme changes and animal girls the more extreme. But I'm not a member of the furry community, and it's quite possible that the terms are used there in accordance with what you say. Regardless of which way round it should be, I don't think that we really need a separate tag for both of them, but that lumping them together under a single "animal girl / anthropomorphic" tag would be adequate and would avoid any risk of misinterpretation. (Of course, strictly speaking "anthropomorphic" is applied to animals having human traits rather than the reverse, but lacking a suitable word it's convenient to use it for the reverse situation here.)
JH