Re: Tags system
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 07:28:37 AM »
Good idea. Though it might be wise to impose a maximum size on the number of entries that can be viewed unpaged, or people might commit themselves to viewing a couple of thousand entries in one go. (I can imagine the number of episodes tagged with "be" easily reaching a couple of thousand.)

Just a couple? Friend, there are already a couple hundred thousand episodes on the Addventure in total. If I were a gambling man, I'd say that BE would most likely be the single most popular tag, I wouldn't be surprised if as much as 10% of all episodes carried the tag. Even if we never fully backtrack, it's just a matter of time.

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
Good idea. Though it might be wise to impose a maximum size on the number of entries that can be viewed unpaged, or people might commit themselves to viewing a couple of thousand entries in one go. (I can imagine the number of episodes tagged with "be" easily reaching a couple of thousand.)

Just a couple? Friend, there are already a couple hundred thousand episodes on the Addventure in total. If I were a gambling man, I'd say that BE would most likely be the single most popular tag, I wouldn't be surprised if as much as 10% of all episodes carried the tag. Even if we never fully backtrack, it's just a matter of time.

I knew mine was a conservative estimate. :) It will be interesting to see how many old episodes are eventually tagged, and how enthusiastically people tag new ones that they've created.
JH

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 01:12:20 PM »
The tags can be educational. Seeing that "netorare" had recently been added, I looked it up and am now better informed. It's hard to believe that that can be a specific fetish, but there you are. :)
JH

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »
Netorare took me a long time to wrap my head around. Mostly because traditional male-focused humiliation-NTR does nothing but enrage me, and it always bothered me that I didn't understand the allure. It started to make sense when I considered the possibility of female-focused NTR, and it fully clicked after I dug through the internet and discovered some further information being shared by a bunch of weirdo fetishists on the subject.

Essentially, we can divide NTR into two main categories, irrespective of gender. The first category, and the type that you're most likely to encounter on the internet is going to be Humiliation-based NTR, this is your male-protagonist being humiliated by his girl fucking other men, being unsatisfied by him, essentially your run of the mill inadequacies being dwelt upon. Same basic category as any other sexual degradation/humiliation.

The second category is what we would call Compersive-Cuckolding. This is close to the exact opposite, as rather than reveling in one's sexual inadequacies, it's about deriving pleasure from the appeal and virility of one's significant other by-proxy. Instead of being the subject of degradation, you could potentially interpret this as self-aggrandizing in nature, because all of the other lovers are secondary compared to them, THEY are still at the top.

Basically, contrast a boy crying and sniveling as his girlfriend is being fucked around the corner and crying out how much 'better' this lover is compared to her boyfriend... against some absurd Aphrodite type using up men like Kleenex and then fawning over her one 'special' fellow who actually really matters.

Although that being said, despite the difference between the two styles, I would honestly sooner draw a dividing line between GENDERS of the NTR. There's far more cross-contamination between humiliation and compersive than there is between men and women... I mean I have a hard time even imagining the brain pattern that would require.

Anyway... If we're going to have an NTR Tag, I would strongly recommend adding a second one and splitting it evenly between male and female. Possibly in the form of "NTR - Netorare/Cuckolding", and "FemNTR - Female NTR/Cuckquean".

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »
Perhaps I should instead let users pick larger page sizes?

I wouldn't have made a tag for NTR either if it weren't for the fact I'd already seen it be popular on the Addventure.
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2017, 04:56:24 AM »
Yes, letting users choose the page size might work better. Alternatively - and this might be too difficult or processor intensive - show how many episodes match the criteria before asking the user whether they want the results in pages or all in one mega-page.
JH

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2017, 01:09:30 PM »
I've implemented it this way -- there is now a selection at the bottom of the Search page to turn paging on or off for the query.  If you say you don't want paging, what you actually get is paging, but with a page size of 5000.  That puts a safety cap on large results.

Let's see how that goes...

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »
Thanks, Adama. Having just tried a search, I think that "Display results on a single page (limited)" is liable to confuse people, as they are going to wonder in what way it's limited. Maybe say something like "Display results on a single page (limited to a maximum of 5000)"?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:56:39 PM by JH_ »
JH

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2017, 05:02:57 AM »
There may be a problem with the tag system if someone gets as far as adding the episode tags but then for some reason doesn't complete the creation of the episode. I just did a tags search, and the top entry in the results was:

episode 1123032: Creating episode 1123032 (by on //) ag be inf pr myth grope messy mf fan

I suppose it's possible that the episode was still in the middle of being created. When I clicked on the link to the episode, the episode still hadn't been created (or at least its creation hadn't been completed).
JH

Chuck

• Yes, that Chuck.
  • Bow down.
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2017, 10:11:02 PM »
No "˘elebrity" tag?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:58:22 AM by gonZo »

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2017, 01:38:57 AM »
The tag list for 1123032 no longer exists, and the episode was never created, so I'd say that either the author canceled it or it timed out automatically after 2.5 hours.  So yeah it's a little inconsistent that it showed up in a search, but that should only happen if you catch it within that 2.5-hour window.

No "˘elebrity" tag?

Hm...

saibott

• I am sB
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2017, 07:55:20 PM »
Here is what the edit tag page could look like with a definition/tag use link and some new tags <these signify my thoughts on the tag>:

Editing tags for episode [ep#]
Select the tags that apply to this episode: [link to definitions page]<pop up window/tab?>

Growth
ap - Age Progression <moved here, but understand why it should stay where it is as extreme age body starts shrinking>
grow - General growth <opposite shr>

Shrinking/Reduction <*=Don't know if there's enough instances in he Addventure for tag |*|=Not sure of what the tag should be.>
ar - Age Regression <same as ap>
ass-* - Ass Reduction
bald|*| - Hair Shrinkage/loss
br - Breast Reduction
clit-* - Clit Shrinking
lip-* - Lip Reduction
micro - Tiny Size (can wear doll clothes & smaller) <opposite gts>
midg|*| - Midget/dwarfism (2-4 feet tall) <opposite amaz, both genders>
musc-|*| - Muscle Shrinkage
nip*- - Nipple Shrinkage
ps|*| - Penis Shrinking
shr - Shrinking
slim - Weight Loss

Body Modification
height - Height change (less than shrink/gts) <used for slight change eg 5'6" to 6' or 4'6", grow/shr signifies which direction>

Full Transformation
doll - Doll <animated unlike statue, see movie Toy Soldiers, The Doll of Vengeance chap331 Ranma 1/2 manga, Frame Arms Girl anime, etc>

I'm working on a layout for the definition/tag use page, I'll post once satisfied.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:57:06 PM by saibott »

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2017, 10:57:19 PM »
A link to a definition page is a good idea.

I'll have to think about your other changes.

I think of the "height" tag as meaning a height change "within human norms".  The gts and shr tags would then refer to size changes outside of human norms (such as growing to 20 feet or shrinking to 6 inches).

saibott

• I am sB
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »
I think of the "height" tag as meaning a height change "within human norms".  The gts and shr tags would then refer to size changes outside of human norms (such as growing to 20 feet or shrinking to 6 inches).
Generally what I was trying to convey, the second part was more of a "if you see grow gts height shr" you could see that someone shrinks a little another grows giant. The other changes not so much, as indicated by the question of if there were enough instances of such to be tags.

Definition page (was going to work it up in html but had no free time to do so) I see as a 3 column table consisting of: tag - Name - Definition
example: be - Breast Expansion - An increase to breast size.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2017, 09:17:00 AM »
Hm, I was figuring that most tags (like be) are self-explanatory and that we'd only need to define the more confusing ones (like real, apparently).

HTML makes sense to me.