JH_

• F Cup
Re: The Tags Tell a Story
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »
Thanks. That mostly makes sense.

I've thought of a few more popular fetishes that arguably might merit their own tags: rubber/latex, high-heeled shoes and collars. For the last, I've been using the "bond" tag, but it's not really ideal.
JH

saibott

• I am sB
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 03:33:51 AM »
I agree that the issue with the "be" tag is debatable.  Many tags that relate to a Transformation could be split in two like the tg tag was, but then the tag list would become a LOT longer and harder to use.  I've debated about adding a "big breasts" tag to compensate, but that seems unfair to the other tags.  ;)  It actually is an issue for the "pr" tag too, because some people fetishize only the growth aspect, and don't care as much about episodes where the character is already pregnant.   So I don't know what the right answer is there.
So does this mean that a "Shrinking/reduction" category is out of the question? Because I'd like to tag a bunch of Breast Reduction stories as such but there is no tag for them. possibly add a link to a definitions page it the tag list? As I too, found figuring which tag to use and when iffy. I'll write out my ideas and post them at: http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php?topic=9995692.0
I believe most of the Anime fans come from the now defunct Anime Adventure at Bast-Enterprises. I know when I attempted to post a few threads there the moderator deleted them, in violation the posted rules of allowing additions to the site.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:55:46 AM by saibott »

Aphrodite

• Half-Full Cup
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 12:38:50 AM »
Real refers to reality changes, usually in the sense of "reality adjusts to reflect the change".  Such as everyone thinking a certain character has always been a girl.

I agree that the issue with the "be" tag is debatable.  I've debated about adding a "big breasts" tag to compensate, but that seems unfair to the other tags.

So THAT'S what that means. Actually, that's a very, very useful tag, but I doubt many people actually know what is intended... my best guess was physical laws changing. At the very least, the description should be more clear, but I would suggest changing the entire tag to "retro - retroactive change". It's concise and (I think) pretty obvious, at least as one-word descriptions go.

BE seems simple enough to me, but I always considered it the fetish rather than the act. If it features growing breasts or enough discussion of growing breasts it fits the fetish and is tagged. Sure there's a grey area in the latter one, but not that much. Now on the other hand a big breasts tag sounds like it's asking for trouble. Should DDs, head-sized breasts, lap-filling breasts and beyond really be under the same tag? If different categories are split up how do you describe them accurately enough to prevent confusion in only two or three words? (I may have accidentally answered my own question)

(A segment of this post has been removed because it discussed prohibited topics. —moderator)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:17:44 AM by gonZo »

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 01:25:58 PM »
Ha.

There isn't an Inc tag for the same reason we have a "waste" tag rather than a term that's more explicit.  It's because both words are verboten at the BEA, and by extension the Addventure.
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

Aphrodite

• Half-Full Cup
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »
Yes, unfortunately I only remembered the word filter AFTER typing all that. I can't find any rules on the subject here though. How far does the rule reach - would the above relationship tags theoretically be allowed since they are in themselves nonsexual? Is this discussion even allowed?

I'm not trying to skirt any rules, I'm just wondering what they are at all. Unless there's a whole rules page somewhere separate from the one on the forum, it doesn't seem like much more than just the wordfilter.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 02:06:26 PM »
Yes, unfortunately I only remembered the word filter AFTER typing all that. I can't find any rules on the subject here though. How far does the rule reach - would the above relationship tags theoretically be allowed since they are in themselves nonsexual? Is this discussion even allowed?

I'm not trying to skirt any rules, I'm just wondering what they are at all. Unless there's a whole rules page somewhere separate from the one on the forum, it doesn't seem like much more than just the wordfilter.

As far as I know the prohibitions against "inc" are just the word filter, but let's not tempt them into making it a stronger rule.
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »
To give you guys a little more guidance re the prohibited word filter and prohibited content rules...

First, they only apply to the forum. The Addventure is its own situation, and what's in or out of bounds there is between Adama and the BEA's owner. So a range of topics that may be acceptable story points in the Addventure can't be discussed in the forum.

At the same time, the prohibited words list (insisted upon by one of the BEA's trade partners) is much stricter than our prohibited topics list, and the moderators will tend to choose the prohibited topics over the prohibited words in determining what to moderate. Prohibited topics for forum discussion are listed here.

gonZo
forum moderator