tdotter

• Moistpubes2-the return of the goo!
Anyone on here use Google Photos app?
« on: September 02, 2017, 05:03:22 AM »
I'm almost out of space on my iPod.Less than 1 gb.
I read all the reviews in the App Store and also on YouTube and online.
Basically,it is a cloud storage for just your pictures and videos.It is free and you have unlimited storage unless you want to keep all your pictures in their original high quality version.
I watched videos reviewing this app and they showed how the pictures look at the slightly less quality version of the originals.You can hardly tell the difference.
Every review of this app has been nothing but positive.
Anyone use this app?
By the way,there are no ads on this.

TheZookie007

• L Cup
Re: Anyone on here use Google Photos app?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:51:16 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of storing my photos online, unless it's on a server that I have direct control over, especially with respect to backups.

That said, Google Photos seems to be OK. It's an integral part of their Google+ service, and I believe that pictures taken with a Google Android phone (like the Pixel) are set by default to upload a copy of the photo to Google Photos.

If you want to store full-resolution images online, you may be better served by something like 500px or Flickr.
ACB, BK, CT, NG, SA: FU. FUATH. 100x.

ftl03

• A Cup
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 01:15:16 AM »
pictures look at the slightly less quality version of the originals.You can hardly tell the difference.
I would not use ANY service, however free or unlimited, that resizes or otherwise fiddles with my photos. "You can hardly tell the difference" - maybe on a 10" tablet, what about when you get that 4K 55" TV?

Personally I use Amazon Prime Photos - unlimited storage for photos if you already pay for Amazon Prime. Currently at 64000 photos  for 201 GB!

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 11:55:51 AM »
I don't store photos online in public cloud photo online services. It goes to my own private cloud. Though I do use online file storage from time to time to transfer files to somewhere else, but only temporarily. Same applies with photos I want to transfer to someone else. Therefore I use Google drive or Dropbox. The limit in total space I don't care because as I say it is temporarily only.
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.