Hiram

• Z Cup
  • I like big tits
Germany’s hidden hunger
« on: September 21, 2017, 11:40:13 AM »
I'm not having a go here - truly I'm not.

I was genuinely surprised at a CNN article about food poverty in Germany.  I won't link to the page as it has something on it we shall not mention.  But you can find it on the main CNN International site.

What I'd like to know is - how accurate is it?  I'm not surprised there are food banks in the UK, but Germany, complete shock for me.

Quote from: CNN
The percentage of Germans at risk of poverty rose from about 12% in 1995 to roughly 16% in 2014, according to a government report published earlier this year. Income inequality has also risen, the report found.

Although official unemployment in the country is very low, more and more Germans are taking on part-time, low-paid and insecure jobs.

“The German economy has been growing steadily for decades,” explains Manuela Barisic, project manager at the Bertelsmann Foundation, which recently published a report on the distribution of wealth in Germany.

“But huge numbers of Germans — 40% of the population in fact — aren’t enjoying any of that prosperity for themselves. Inequality and poverty are both growing.”

Older people have been hardest hit. The number of retirees living below the poverty line has increased from about 10% to 15% since 2005, according to a study published this year.
Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing... #BOOBs