saibott

• I am sB
New main sites link to old addventure is pay portal blocked
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:43:22 PM »
I don't think is was intentional again, however 3 times something similar has happened, hinting something 'sinister'?

Anonymous51

• A Cup
Re: New main sites link to old addventure is pay portal blocked
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 01:10:19 PM »
I don't think it's intentional either.  After all, wouldn't Adama say something about the site changing like this?

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 01:15:55 PM »
This is the first I've heard about it.  But they've never told me any OTHER time they've redone the BEA site access.  I imagine it's unintentional.  Sigh.
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

saibott

• I am sB
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:42:43 PM »
Sounds like they really need to have content flags embedded into the site code and flag the Addventure free to possibly keep this from happening a 5th time (I expect implementing such to break again).

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 01:50:40 PM »
Hi everyone!

Sorry, sorry and sorry! We had such a huge work migrating BEArchive that we missed to check that.

Addventure will be free as it always was. We are asking the developers to fix this soon.

I'll appreciate if you post your "general complaints" and bug reports on this thread: http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php?topic=9996577.0 so we can track them better and fix them faster.

Mariano
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:56:09 PM by BotComics Marketing »

saibott

• I am sB
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 04:08:37 PM »
Well, I didn't start this thread exclusively for bug reporting, just as informational entertainment while waiting for the error correction. To poke fun at the hiccups, in a hopefully unhurtful way.

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 06:39:46 PM »
Why is it being called the old addventure.

Did something happen?

Also, the URL change pretty much breaks any old links.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:44:55 PM by Cole »
Stuck with my actual name as my shown name, despite my Username being Different.

Send Help

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 06:45:27 PM »
It means the old server.  The rest of the BEA moved to a new server.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 12:04:59 AM »
Also, the URL change pretty much breaks any old links.

Hopefully they'll do a redirect so that old links will still work.  They haven't done it yet though.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 09:31:54 AM »
Hi again!

We are fixing the access since it isn't working in all cases. The redirect after login still fails.

We will be moving addventure to the new server but we can't tell you when. We'll keep you posted.

Mariano

Anonymous51

• A Cup
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 08:58:53 AM »
It looks like the site is back, but now I'm experiencing a problem.  I've tried to post a comment, but the site keeps giving me an "Internal Server Error" screen instead.  The same thing is happening when I try to add tags to older episodes.  I'm assuming that this will happen if I try to add new episodes, so I'm a bit reluctant to do so if it won't even allow me to post anything.

Benji Dude

• G Cup
    • Yahoo groups - archive of my work
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 10:47:58 AM »
It looks like the site is back, but now I'm experiencing a problem.  I've tried to post a comment, but the site keeps giving me an "Internal Server Error" screen instead.  The same thing is happening when I try to add tags to older episodes.  I'm assuming that this will happen if I try to add new episodes, so I'm a bit reluctant to do so if it won't even allow me to post anything.

I'm just writing episodes in word (as I normally do anyway) saving them and waiting for all these transitional hiccups to get sorted before posting anything.  I hope that the log in won't always be required because it is rather annoying hitting a bookmark and getting presented with a log in screen.

Anonymous51

• A Cup
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 10:57:29 AM »
I hope that the log in won't always be required because it is rather annoying hitting a bookmark and getting presented with a log in screen.

I don't seem to be experiencing that.  I just go to the site and the site shows up.  There's no log-in or anything.  But it sounds like other people have to log in to see the site, oddly.

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 11:05:43 AM »

Hi! Can you please send me an email with the details of what you tried to do, the pages you saw and the error messages shown so we can test and fix it?

My email es [email protected]

Mariano

PyroWild

• A Cup
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 12:11:53 AM »
http://forum.bearchive.com/index.php?topic=9996577.msg10399856#msg10399856

Turns out that BotComics is using this opportunity to sabotage the BEAddventure. Please join in this thread to try and talk some sense into him.