saibott

• I am sB
Re: New main sites link to old addventure is pay portal blocked
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 02:22:53 PM »
And someone broke the permissions for the Addventure again.

Zorlond

• G Cup
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 02:48:41 PM »
Indeed. Now instead of being sent to the login page for using a link to the Addventure, the site just sends you to a "You do not have permission to access this page" message, requiring you to go to the front page of the site, then to the login page (which is separate), before you can get to the Addventure.

Yay, extra steps to annoy people who were already annoyed by extra steps.
"Don't you dare call me irrational! You <i>know</i> that makes me <b>CRAZY!!</b>"

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 03:09:04 PM »
The developers are currently tinkering with Addventure login access.  Hopefully to make it better.
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

PyroWild

• A Cup
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 03:20:24 PM »
Ah, that would explain why it stopped working.

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »
I've now found that by editing my bookmark for the addventure Reecet Episodes page so that it begins old.bearchive.com rather than www.bearchive.com I can avoid having to jump through hoops to get there.
JH

saibott

• I am sB
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 04:03:33 PM »
Is it just me, then, that has to login on the main page, which immediately asks you to login after you login? It has been doing this since At least early October. Doesn't matter which browser I use to login. It behaves as if the user/password is incorrect without actually saying such. I can't even browse however limited the free access was on the main pages' pins any longer, just see the darkened portions 'hidden' by the login popup.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 12:01:58 AM »
It now appears to me that they've fixed the "Access Denied" issue, and we're back to seeing the Login page again.  Can anyone else confirm that today's problem, at least, is fixed?

saibott

• I am sB
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
Broke again, gong to relog to check that portion.

It seems simultaneous main login and forum login doesn't play nice.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:18:31 AM by saibott »

dkc718

• A Cup
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 12:29:38 PM »
I am seeing a link to the addventure from the home page.  Is that new?

Anonymous51

• A Cup
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 12:46:42 PM »
I think that's been there for about two months now, but I'm not entirely sure.  After all, I never got to the Addventure site through the main BEA site before all this log-in trouble started happening.  Back then, I just went straight to the Recent Episode Lists page to access the Addventure site.

Zorlond

• G Cup
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 01:52:35 PM »
It now appears to me that they've fixed the "Access Denied" issue, and we're back to seeing the Login page again.  Can anyone else confirm that today's problem, at least, is fixed?
It was fixed earlier, but I just had to go through the whole Access Denied dance again a minute ago. Still tinkering, I take it?
"Don't you dare call me irrational! You <i>know</i> that makes me <b>CRAZY!!</b>"

Ann

• Email
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »
I get access denied no matter how I try and get there now. After coming here and sometimes contributing for many years I'm reaching the stage where I give up and delete the links to this site. I'm getting tired of the way this place keeps jumping me to a page not found or access denied page since the changes.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »
They are working on not requiring a login at all, at least I hope so, bear with them a little longer...

Ann

• Email
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 09:18:13 PM »
In the end I only got it working again by going through the 'order content' page. No idea why it lost whatever setting doing that did - I didn't change any of the defaults in there but it stopped displaying the access denied page after that.

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 09:30:01 PM »
Adama and I have both been told that soon the Addventure will not require a login, and that the change may be made by roughly November 28th. But new bugs appear almost every time the engineers adjust anything around here, so don't get too worried if things seem to get worse before they improve. Please report new bugs here if you encounter any.

We'll keep you posted to whatever degree the admins keep us posted.
_
gonZo