Re: New BEArchive.com
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2017, 05:01:03 AM »
So what am I doing wrong? I load the page, get at least one or two redirects to the subscription page for no reason, then i can see some of the gallery, but as soon as I scroll, I get the subscription page, then I go back, I see the gallery, I try to look in one of the featured artists categories, I see a page for a microsecond, then I get the subscription page!

I only came here to try to re-find an old specific image series, I even had considered re-subscribing after years if that image series was behind the paywall, but the whole site's redesigned and broken.

Wow. I'm outta here.

« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
Is it possible to get an update on the fixes being made towards the Addventure? It's been several weeks and it's still behind an account wall.

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2017, 07:26:36 PM »
To everybody with questions, please refer to this message for instructions about obtaining help.

LQ_47

• A Cup
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2017, 08:54:45 AM »
ThePro from the addventure here, if anyone cares. Adding my voice to the chorus or what it's worth. I only just realized the situation, assuming the site was just down like last time. I had forgotten I'd ever even registered to be honest. That's how little the rest of the site meant to me. BE isn't really a big fetish for me. So all that said, I can understand wanting to bring more attention to the revenue generating parts of the site. This is a lot to host for free.

But it should have just been a banner ad. The current situation is ridiculous and bound to kill the Addventure, and hurt the revenue of the BEarchive by extension. Given the added hassle, by the way, the service stinks. No search. Shoddy performance. If you're gonna require memberships, I want more from you.

« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2017, 03:49:41 PM »
To everybody with questions, please refer to this message for instructions about obtaining help.

I disregarded that post immediately because it was completely idiotic. The two major complaints that people have had about this redesign is that it pointlessly requires people to create accounts, and has rendered the website difficult to navigate and use. Requiring people to navigate the forums to find a link to a subreddit where they have to make an account to file a complaint or find help is practically mockery, in addition to being simply dumb.

LQ_47

• A Cup
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »
Seconding the always fun Arrogant Nair.

Please desist from further action that may lead to me never reading another of his(?) episodes.

gonZo

« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2017, 12:45:30 AM »
I disregarded that post immediately because it was completely idiotic. The two major complaints that people have had about this redesign is that it pointlessly requires people to create accounts, and has rendered the website difficult to navigate and use. Requiring people to navigate the forums to find a link to a subreddit where they have to make an account to file a complaint or find help is practically mockery, in addition to being simply dumb.

And yet those are the only means of problem-solving the admins have elected to give us. The moderators have tried to convince them to address issues here in the forum, and they have refused. We have asked for fixes to logins and Addventure access, and they are stalling.  If you think we enjoy deflecting questions instead of providing answers and solutions, you're mistaken; we cannot get answers or solutions.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:47:06 AM by gonZo »

saibott

• I am sB
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2017, 05:46:44 AM »
Is it too late to start a gofundme type thing to hostilely take over ownership of the BEA? /onlypartlyjoking at this point

JH_

• F Cup
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2017, 11:46:53 AM »

And yet those are the only means of problem-solving the admins have elected to give us. The moderators have tried to convince them to address issues here in the forum, and they have refused. We have asked for fixes to logins and Addventure access, and they are stalling.  If you think we enjoy deflecting questions instead of providing answers and solutions, you're mistaken; we cannot get answers or solutions.

Thanks, gonzo. It can't be much fun being a moderator at the moment, and I know that you and your fellow moderators are blameless.

What worries me most is that many people who actually do have accounts may be trying to use the addventure, but when after logging in they get an error message because they've been sent to the wrong place, they assume that the addventure must still be broken and give up.
JH

gonZo

« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »
We worry about that, too. At this point, the only way to address those issues and actually get the admins' attention is to use the Reddit and BotComics links described earlier in the thread.

Yes, it's not remotely effective (or sensible) to export those conversations to other sites when we could hold them here in the forum for everyone to read, but at the moment, they're the only choice we've been given.
_
gonZo
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 07:33:52 PM by gonZo »

« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2017, 11:21:55 AM »
Creating a new login wasn't a problem for me. I haven't had a working login here for years, so I'm happy to comply with that. I never came to BEA for images, only for specific story content that fit my interests.

All my saved links to the MarkT's archive stories and authors' pages gave me the 404, so I created my login to find out why. It took reading through pages of users' issues, though, to find the fix I needed. You should add that to the FAQ page immediately.

I now have dozens of saved links that need editing. I will save the forum in case I come up against another issue of missing pre-existing FREE content. I will not be adding any content I wish to share for FREE to this site, as it looks to be going the pay site route. I have accounts on other sites for hosting content.

Thank you for the fix to my issue. I'll leave you to your business now.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2017, 01:16:58 AM »
If you're talking about the Addventure, your old bookmarks should still work once you've logged in. 

If you're talking about other stories on the site, well I think most of the story galleries are inaccessible.  Though a couple may still be accessible if you change 'www' to 'old' in the URL.
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2017, 07:59:18 AM »
Welp. Its happened. Google can no longer be used to search for stuff in the Unending Be. I tried, all I get is a bunch of 'please log in' pages.

HC

• Email
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2017, 02:51:31 AM »
So anything new so far? There was an reply by botcomics (hopefully the real one instead of some jokester) on the Reddit that they want to remove the Log-In for reading.

« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »
Well, I'm now getting a flat-out "access denied" when I try to access the Addventure, so that's...great...