New BEArchive.com
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:47:44 PM »
Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since we launched BEArchive.com. Really long.

It offered Morph and Huge Tits lovers a great place to share and enjoy the most diverse kind of creations.

But the website was ancient like no other website on the World Wide Web. We are proud of that, but it's time for a change.

On it's 20th birthday we are doing what we should have done a long time ago, but due to the complexity of the "beast" and the lack of alternatives for doing a "simple transition" we didn't.

Today, we announce the new version of BEArchive.com. We have decided to make it simpler and more democratic.

Although we are listing on the menu the old and more prolific Morphers of all times, anyone can create contents now.

There is just one type of user on this new website, the prosumer.

You can create contents by yourself, create different boards to categorize it and share anything with anyone. If you are a prolific content creator you can ask to be featured on the menu and you'll get a subscriber account (but without paying anything).

If you are a customer or a free member

You don't need to worry about your user. Your old credentials are just fine to login on the new website. If you have any issue, do not hesitate to submit a new request and you'll be assisted by customer support. It applies the same with the forum. There is just one username and password to enjoy both website and forum.

If you are a former Morpher/Gallery Owner

And you can't locate your works or you see your works in the new website linked to a username you don't have access to.

Please submit a new request and provide all the proof you have about the ownership of the morphs (i.e.: share a PSD with the morphing process or ask a moderator or the community to validate your identity).

We couldn't migrate all as we would like to, but we will be fixing case by case till all the Morphers have control of their creations and linked to a username of their choice.

If you can't locate a content that you loved

First of all, don't panic ;)

We are aware of this big change. We tried to migrate all but it was just impossible so we had to make some tough choices. It doesn't mean that you won't have access to a relevant content. Just submit a new request so we can track whatever is "missing" and will make our best to find it and bring it back to the new website.

Cutter

• X Cup
Re: New BEArchive.com
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:19:43 PM »
OK, new site design I can understand the want to update.

Could you turn off the, Now sign up the site wants you money page?

I would like to see what the front page actually looks like but after a few seconds I get the, well what amounts to a Membership demand page that I can't get away from.
Cutter

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

My DVD   http://mightyo.site.aplus.net/ussclamagoretourdvd.com/

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:31:37 PM »
So... uhh...

What happened to the Unending Addventure? I get sent to a 403 Error when I hit the button up on the top of the screen.

nothingsp

• A Cup
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 09:49:32 PM »
Seconding the gripe about the Addventure. It's literally the only reason I come here.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »
OK, new site design I can understand the want to update.

Could you turn off the, Now sign up the site wants you money page?

I would like to see what the front page actually looks like but after a few seconds I get the, well what amounts to a Membership demand page that I can't get away from.

this. I've been coming here for years to just peruse the free users gallery and now i'm bombarded with the sign up page constantly resetting.

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 10:21:39 PM »
I can't believe what's happened.

What happened to the adventure? That shit was the only thing working and you blew it up.

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 10:36:40 PM »
For a while today the Addventure was working, but a few hours ago the Addventure file permissions got messed up.  Waiting on the sysadmin to fix them.
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

blender

• A Cup
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 11:05:50 PM »
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this new design but if is to break your site it has been a sterling success.
beyond the 404s, broken search, pages that won't load,  every page auto loads the signup page and when you try to navigate back it's 404.

This has to be one of the least intuitive, user unfriendly layouts I have run across.
It is an unnavigable mess.

I am absolutely stunned.

Everything was there on the old main page. All nice and organized. You could look at it and in 20 seconds you could see whet was new and happening. All you had to do was just clean it up a bit and add a couple of features and bingo. Good to go. Familiar but modernized.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 11:24:41 PM »
Seconding the gripe about the Addventure. It's literally the only reason I come here.

I'm just hoping its not locked behind a paywall that you need to be a paying member to see and use

also hoping they stop the auto membership add page, I was just about to check out whats new and in about 5 seconds the "new membership" recruitment page loaded up and prevented me from seeing what this site has to offer
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:27:18 PM by GrimSteel »

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 11:26:01 PM »
I'm just hoping its not locked behind a paywall that you need to be a paying member to see and use

They're saying that it's not going to require you to be a paying member, but that it will require you to be a free member.

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 11:28:54 PM »

They're saying that it's not going to require you to be a paying member, but that it will require you to be a free member.

okay so its just as you mentioned earlier, its just down due to the new set up and server issues

also thanks for the fast responce

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 12:06:25 AM »
For a while today the Addventure was working, but a few hours ago the Addventure file permissions got messed up.  Waiting on the sysadmin to fix them.

The addventure is back up now.  Still requires a login though.

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 01:56:53 AM »
Are the addventure URLs going to "permanently" be at old.bearchive.com now, meaning we should update all of our bookmarks and edit our URL histories - or will they go back to the old URL?

In addition - no https on the user account pages? Use Let's Encrypt at least, or I suppose the AWS Certificate Manager stuff would work, too.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 03:44:21 AM »
Please Someone Put Up A Link TO the New UNending Addventure Page!! I keep getting the 404 Page!! And when it asks to me to log in it just sits there Trying to Load!! And it never comes up! Please someone explain why!! This is the only reason I come to this site is to enjoy all the Addventure Stories!! Someone please FIX THIS!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 04:19:26 AM »
What a large and diverse site this is!

Everyone seems to be really upset about the "Addventure" thingy... something I have never seen or even heard about in all the time I have visited here.

What I rather would like to know... where has the User Gallery gone?