Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
Re: New BEArchive.com
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 07:44:10 AM »
Please Someone Put Up A Link TO the New UNending Addventure Page!! I keep getting the 404 Page!! And when it asks to me to log in it just sits there Trying to Load!! And it never comes up! Please someone explain why!! This is the only reason I come to this site is to enjoy all the Addventure Stories!! Someone please FIX THIS!!!!!!

Once you've logged in, the Recents page is here:  http://old.bearchive.com/~addventure/game1/docs/recents/
Adama, Addventure mega-geek

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 07:52:02 AM »
Anybody else having problems with the speed of this site now ? It reminds me of dial-up and 52K modems. I tried to load a photo and ten minutes later, nothing. I stopped it in frustration. No other site I'm on is doing that so I know this " improved " site is screwy. Not happy.  >:(

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 08:57:02 AM »
Hi everyone!

We are taking care of the problems you are reporting.

Step 1: Fixing the redirections to http://old.bearchive.com/~addventure/ so you can still access the site as you always did. This should be fixed today.

Step 2: Moving addventure to the new server. I can't tell you when it will happen but it should be soon. Maybe next week.

Step 3: Fix the performance problems you are facing loading images and uploading images. All the BEArchive.com new website needs to improve its performance. We are aware of that and we will be taking immediate action, probably next week too.

If you have an specific problem with your user, please contact customer support: https://botcomics.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

If you have a general complaint, suggestion or you want to report a bug, please reply here. I'll be following this thread on daily basis.

Thank you for your feedback and be patient. We will be fixing every single problem.

Mariano

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:28 AM »
What a large and diverse site this is!

Everyone seems to be really upset about the "Addventure" thingy... something I have never seen or even heard about in all the time I have visited here.

What I rather would like to know... where has the User Gallery gone?

The user Gallery is now on the menu ;)

Malhavoc

• A Cup
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 10:22:22 AM »
Will a search function finally be implemented in the Unending BE Addventure? As cool as the tags are, they aren't really useful at the moment due to the sheer volume of older chapters.

Using Google to run a site search is no longer a viable option due to the login wall. Please let us know what you will be doing to replace the Google Search method for looking up chapters.

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 10:27:15 AM »
The user Gallery is now on the menu ;)

Call me stupid... I cannot find it. The menu option "user galleries" on the new "homepage" doesn't lead to anything remotely similar to the old User Gallery.

(eta) And this constant redirecting to the subscription page is very annoying.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:31:15 AM by Georg Schmidt »

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 10:32:11 AM »
Hi, you are not stupid. We are still making some changes.

You can find the User Gallery under the "Popular" tab.

We resisted the idea of adding the User Gallery to the menu since now all the users are the same. Aside of being listed as featured morphers, all the users can create content exactly in the same way.

lurker

• Aficionado
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 11:24:03 AM »
What are the gallery restrictions for non-subscribers?

Also, there is no excuse to use HTTP rather than HTTPS for both the main site and the forum.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:26:01 AM by Lurker »

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 11:36:21 AM »
Will a search function finally be implemented in the Unending BE Addventure? As cool as the tags are, they aren't really useful at the moment due to the sheer volume of older chapters.

Using Google to run a site search is no longer a viable option due to the login wall. Please let us know what you will be doing to replace the Google Search method for looking up chapters.

Google searching should start working again once the URL redirect is in place, as long as you're already logged in.

You could try doing a Google search on old.bearchive.com/~addventure, but that doesn't produce results because Google hasn't had a chance to index that site.

There are no plans to implement a search function in the Addventure itself, because normally Google does a pretty good job.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:41:29 AM by Adama »

lurker

• Aficionado
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 12:33:53 PM »
The login requirement does not apply to robots?

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 12:51:03 PM »
The login requirement does not apply to robots?

Damn, I didn't think of that.

Maybe I'll need to look into a search tool after all.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:54:18 PM by Adama »

saibott

• I am sB
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »
It appears permissions have been broken again. Also, can't robots.txt include an exclusion "Allow: /~addventure/*" for search engines, or did I misunderstand how it works?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:04:35 PM by saibott »

Adama

• G Cup
  • Addventure Master
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 02:28:07 PM »
Hm, looks like new files are being created with the wrong ownership.  I've asked the sysadmin to look into it.

ikari

• Once and future lurker
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 05:07:08 PM »
No more Chili?  :'(

lurker

• Aficionado
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 06:20:45 PM »
1. How about removing the login requirement until a search is implemented?

And to repeat the questions from my earlier posts:

2. What are the gallery restrictions for non-subscribers?

3. Why both the main site and the forum use HTTP rather than HTTPS?  Sending passwords in clear text across the net is not OK.