Re: Las Vegas
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »
For someone living outside the US, this discussion whether gun or not guns and the confiscation is plain laughable, so extremely laughable you won't believe it. It reminds me of the main characters of dumb and dumber. Unfortunately it causes a lot of dead people.

The numbers are clear over 330 000 dead in the USA in the last 10 years through fire arms and the highest death rate per million citizens, the worlds worst protection of the people in favour for guns in a developed nation.
The next worst protection of the people in favour for carrying guns is switzerland. And they have the 2nd highest death rate by fire arms.

One of the lowest death rates per million citizens in a developed nation is UK & Wales. And they have certainly the best protection of the people from guns in Europe.

The facts are clear. And it is clear what needs to be done.
And that's why the discussion is so laughable.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 05:54:26 PM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2017, 06:56:33 PM »
@ KBTs: Americans own more than 300,000,000 guns. The idea of confiscating most or all of them —which is what I was referring to (I should have been more specific)— is crazy. Prohibitively intrusive. Prohibitively expensive. Guaranteed to fail spectacularly. Nobody would ever attempt it.

Thanks for the references; very interesting reading.

StrikezOne

• In Need Now More Than Ever
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2017, 10:13:37 PM »
I concur with everything you have said. I would only add that the NRA leadership's characterization of this as "we versus the libruls" is idiotic in the extreme, because gun ownership, and the desire for sensible measures of gun control, and the desire to own guns, goes across the political spectrum. Every time a massacre like this happens, the NRA lies and says "they're coming for our guns" and there's a spike in gun purchases, which puts yet more money in the coffers of gun manufacturers and their gun lobby gets their own kickback -- and yet "they" never come for the guns...because that is not what they wanted to do in the first place. This is insanity.

According to you=

Most of what you said here can be said for BlackLivesMatter. The leadership characterizes it as "we versus the cops." Every time a shooting happens, BLM lies and says "hands up dont shoot" or something and theres a spike in hatred against police and anyone who doesnt agree which puts yet more hatred in the minds of african americans -- and yet cops actually kill more caucasians than black people...because that is not what cops want to do in the first place. Is that insanity?.... oh wait, you support BLM from what I remember. Go figure.
Dark Brandon quietly doing his job:

Highest Inflation in 40yrs
Highest Gas Prices Ever
Forced Vax on Millions of healthy Americans
Highest Mortgage rates in 15yrs
Most Illegal Border Crossings in US History
Loss of Energy Independence
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
Hunter Corruption/Treason
Vacations > Ohio Train Derailment, Maui Fires
WW3
America LAST

StrikezOne

• Email
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 10:33:44 PM »
For someone living outside the US, this discussion whether gun or not guns and the confiscation is plain laughable, so extremely laughable you won't believe it. It reminds me of the main characters of dumb and dumber. Unfortunately it causes a lot of dead people.

The numbers are clear over 330 000 dead in the USA in the last 10 years through fire arms and the highest death rate per million citizens, the worlds worst protection of the people in favour for guns in a developed nation.
The next worst protection of the people in favour for carrying guns is switzerland. And they have the 2nd highest death rate by fire arms.

One of the lowest death rates per million citizens in a developed nation is UK & Wales. And they have certainly the best protection of the people from guns in Europe.

The facts are clear. And it is clear what needs to be done.
And that's why the discussion is so laughable.

And how many of those are suicides? More than half I bet. But nonetheless, even if its 100,000 deaths - I agree that that is a lot.

Complete gun confiscation is pretty laughable though. Im certain even rtpoe and zookie would say so but they arent going to tell you that because anti trumpers gotta stick together.

I mean, dont you despise Trump? Dont liberals and Democrats hate Trump with a passion? So why would they want to disarm during the Trump era? Do liberals really want to be defenseless against the big evil Trumpel? You guys really want Trump armed to the teeth while you dont have anything? How are liberals going to protect their free speech against Trump?

Highest Gas Prices Ever
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
WW3
America LAST

rtpoe

• Old Fart
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 12:13:26 AM »
A total ban on guns, with confiscation, is completely insane.

DC vs Heller, the SCOTUS decision that redefined the 2A, does make a bit of sense. It was ruled that private gun ownership was allowed, but left it open for the government to regulate gun ownership (the type and number of guns, the licensing and registration thereof, etc.).

Think rationally about it. In parts of the country, it could take far too long for law enforcement to arrive on the scene if a ne'er-do-well breaks into your home. Heck, even if you live across the street from your local police HQ, it can still be too late before they arrive. So yes, people should be allowed to arm themselves to protect their home and family.

The questions that really need to be discussed are 1) What sort of firearms are appropriate for the defense of one's home, and 2) Where does "home" end and the public sphere begin? But both sides in the debate get so caught up in technical matters that they cannot get their heads around them.

In addition to computerizing the BATFE (they've added Explosives to their remit) and letting the CDC do the research, the government could promote the use of "smart" guns. These are guns that use some sort of fingerprint scanner or transponder that keeps anyone who is not an authorized user from firing it. The idea is that it will prevent accidents in the home, and make a stolen gun pretty much useless. Of course, the Gun Lobby complains that bad guys or the government (the same thing to many of them) will be able somehow to "hack" into the guns and prevent *anyone* from using them. Personally, I'm ambivalent about them. If someone breaks into your home, you don't want to be worrying about a "Low Battery" message or fumbling with the transponder bracelet. But why not let the market decide? Not too long ago, a gun shop owner in New Jersey decided to sell them. He almost immediately got death threats - apparently from gun lovers who were afraid that if the technology was perfected, the government would make such guns mandatory, and seize all "non-smart" guns, leading to the complete End of Civilization - so he dropped them like a live hand grenade.

Modest guns for the defense of one's home and loved ones? Yeah, that's OK. Arsenals to fight off a tyrannical "gubmint"? If it ever came to it. your arsenal isn't likely to do much against these and these.

rtpoe

The last fling of winter is over ...  The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it.  It is warm now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell.
-  Donald Culross Peattie

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 06:56:21 PM »
@ KBTs: Americans own more than 300,000,000 guns. The idea of confiscating most or all of them —which is what I was referring to (I should have been more specific)— is crazy. Prohibitively intrusive. Prohibitively expensive. Guaranteed to fail spectacularly. Nobody would ever attempt it.

Thanks for the references; very interesting reading.

Is there enough metal in the guns to rebuild the world trade center?

According to available statistic*key word "available"* 78% of the adult population don't own a gun, 3% own 50% of the gun, and 19% own the rest. That is base on the registration of gun owners. I have no idea how many unregistered gun sold at trade shows and friends?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:05:57 PM by 3deroticer »
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

gonZo

• pain in the ass moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »
Is there enough reassurance in the guns to soothe the fear caused by the attack on the World Trade Center?

(3d, just so there's no misunderstanding: I'm absolutely anti-gun. I'm not motivated very much by self-preservation or fear, but many people are, and many of them think possessing guns makes them safer. I don't agree that guns make anybody safer, but I respect what those gun owners believe about their own lives, because we all live by whatever practices make us feel secure and prepared.)

(And I think the statistics are oddly reassuring, because 150 million of the guns are in the hands of people who own an average of 20 guns apiece, but can only fire 2 of them at a time.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:39:49 PM by gonZo »

3deroticer

• Oh My God Cup
    • CyberLee
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »
My father put a barrel of a shotgun to my head when I was 9 years old when I stop him from trying to shoot my dog. My dog ran to me and I hover over her to keep her from being shot, and my dad was mad at me for doing so, and that was the pivotal point that my parents got a court order divorce. So needless to say I am so anti-gun for mentally insane people. I am very lucky to be alive, and will never go south of the mason-dixon line where people take their gun to church!
"Yesterday, Reince Priebus called this whole story a 'nothing burger,'" he said. "Well these emails have turned it into an all-you-can-prosecute buffet."

StrikezOne

• Email
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 05:12:40 PM »
After the dust has settled, has anyone come to any conclusions about what they think took place and possible reasons why this happened? What are anyones thoughts about the claim of multiple shooters?

Forensic acoustic proof of SECOND shooter in the Las Vegas massacre ??
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:14:24 PM by StrikezOne »

Highest Gas Prices Ever
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
WW3
America LAST

StrikezOne

• Email
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 09:46:04 PM »
This story is falling apart. Police now say Las Vegas gunman shot security guard a full six minutes before opening fire on concertgoers. This adds way more holes to the story.

Highest Gas Prices Ever
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
WW3
America LAST

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 11:19:24 PM »
On extremist right wing nazi websites just short after the shooting conspiracy theories where launched that a 2nd shooter was involved. Congratulations!

Other conspiracies on these sites: He is an IS terrorist, he is a liberal terrorist because he hates Trump so much because the ex of his partner (the one with australian passport from the phillipines) is a Trump hater, too.

Yepp. Pretty clear that a lot of people on these right wing nazi websites have a drug abuse behaviour or are plain sick in the head.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:54:11 PM by andrat2000 »
Anti-social behaviours lack consideration for the well-being of others. Any types of conduct that violates basic rights (human rights is one of them) of another person. It can show as covert or overt hostility.

StrikezOne

• Email
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 01:17:16 AM »
On extremist right wing nazi websites just short after the shooting conspiracy theories where launched that a 2nd shooter was involved. Congratulations!

Other conspiracies on these sites: He is an IS terrorist, he is a liberal terrorist because he hates Trump so much because the ex of his partner (the one with australian passport from the phillipines) is a Trump hater, too.

Yepp. Pretty clear that a lot of people on these right wing nazi websites have a drug abuse behaviour or are plain sick in the head.

No one is talking about Alex Jones. There are just some things that are not adding up. And even the FBI asked for help at one point. So there were many interested in this event. People who have experience in guns pointed out anomalies, people that were there saying things that's conflicting with what's been told. It's not really "right wing extremist nazi" as much as you want it to be.

I know you're from Europe(?) but people here in the United States are actually seeing these things and theres nothing wrong with asking questions. NORMAL people can be interested to investigate themselves.

(confrontational remarks removed by moderator)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:43:26 AM by gonZo »

Highest Gas Prices Ever
High Taxes
High Crime
Afghanistan Disaster
Nordstream 2 Pipeline
WW3
America LAST

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2017, 01:47:30 AM »
I'm neither talking about Alex Jones. I talk about German right wing nazi extremist web sites. They seem to have all the same questions ...

I read about this "anomalies" and the conspiracy conclusions on those websites and then went somewhere else and got much better explanations.

Eg. those right wing nazi extremist websites claim that based on smartphone (or similar) videos uploaded they see flashes of several gun fire.

Yeah sure. Never seen lights shine appear and disappear through windows especially when moving? Or you should know that digital recording usually happens at 25fps / 30fps, while your power frequency is 60 Hz? Right? Now you should know that in hotels they usually replaced simple wolfram light bulbs by LED bulbs/light. The right wing nazi terrorist conspiracy follower is usually anti-modernization, he is of retro-oriented intellect, he favours stone age and stone age behaviour over modern times so he doesn't know that LED's actually blink. All this stuff is too modern, too far away from his life that still thinks in petroleum and coal use.

There are at least 2 operation modes for LED's ... In a bad situation this causes the LED and electronical shutter of the camera to run asynchronical, which leads to flashing ...

Life is so easy if one just put a bit of trust into life.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:20:38 AM by andrat2000 »

solvegas

• ZZZ Cup
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2017, 08:11:08 AM »
Unfortunately in a situation such as this the urge to find easy answers leads to mistaken conclusions, bad information and idiotic paranoid conspiracies theories. I deal in Security with this all the time. Of course, the incidents I deal with are of no comparison with this tragedy in scope but when dealing with human beings, like the k1ds at work say, it's complicated. I once had a woman tell me it must have been the maid that stole her Louis Vuitton purse valued by her at $3,500.00 with $3,000.00 cash, multiple credit cards, her cellphone, etc, etc.

She was renting three rooms near the emergency stairwell and she stated she had a party with multiple guests the prior day and night. So I provided her with the report paperwork and asked her to fill it out and describe the items. I also asked her if she had contacted her financial institution and if not to use the room phone and to use the printed information included in my paperwork . I excused myself out of the room and proceeded to the nearby emergency stairwell and looked in it. One floor down I found the purse which had been obviously rifled trough. I took it back up to the room and showed it to her and she claimed it. I asked her to look and see what was missing. The cash was gone along with her credit cards but the cellphone was there and luckily for her the IDs were still there also.

Was she grateful in any way ? Nope. She had been rude to me and had blamed the staff. Fact is, the maids don't work at the midnight hours. She had three rooms and admitted to a party with multiple " dear old friends " in attendance. She then got upset that perhaps a " friend " had stolen from her but then she stated it must have been Room Service which did it. But again the timeline was not right because Room Service had delivered the banquet before the party and she remembered she had the purse during the party inside her bedroom in the suite. Of course, I was not contradicting her obviously erroneous remarks since the guest " is always right ". I offered her the option to contact the Police and she said no even though anything above $650.00  is a Felony in the state of Nevada. She said no. She then stated she wanted the property to reimburse her for the loss of cash and so I gave her a Risk Management card and she can fight it out with our lawyers. After she called me useless, she demanded my manager so I called the shift supervisor who a few minutes later showed up and I left to start writing the report. My manager talked to her, was cussed out and he departed. Later on we both agreed she was an idiot cunt.

Hopefully you can ascertain how people are always blame shifting, coming up with bullshit in order to avoid the unpleasant truth. Cameras later on recorded a male exiting the suite, proceed to the stairwell with the bag and a few minutes later re-enter the suite without the bag. A " deaf friend " had stolen from her. How surprising ( sarcasm ). I'm sure Risk Management, in a polite way, told her to fuck off and die. So, with the shooter investigation on going, it will take a long time to get at most of the truth but there will be missing pieces to the puzzle. When I read so much of what is being put out, I can see some of it is the press getting ahead of themselves especially if you have an anti second amendment agenda. Remember on the second day after Katrina how there was cannibalism inside the Superdome ? Well, the press hated George Bush and so they reported stuff without verification or even common sense. It worked and Bush was wounded politically which was the admitted purpose of the calumny. The press hates guns and there has been erroneous information already propagated but this time it isn't working so well. There will be a need to have patience because this crime will take months, if not years to fully understand and haste can do damage to the innocent.